“Real Italian in Lewiston”

Antonio's Italian Cafe
Ranked #15 of 108 Restaurants in Lewiston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed September 26, 2016

Good authentic Italian restaurant with good prices. The wine is fine. Some of the back room dining boot fabrics are a bit worn, but the food is great and it has the old Italian family feel. A place to enjoy!

Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

Great menu, decent food, clean, but the service staff needs help. Servers are very young, nice, but far from professioal. They are very slow to greet you or take your order, but if you add a salid, food will arrive far too early. Extremely limited beer selections, I suspect the taps haven't been cleaned in weeks. Very frustrating to watch, I blame management.

Reviewed August 22, 2016

They have the best salad bar in the valley. They have a good menu, with lots of items and prices that fit your budget. Sometimes they get busy, but for the most part their service is very good.

Reviewed July 5, 2016

Well I read several reviews. The décor was nice, the staff were courteous. Side salad was good...now the spaghetti meal.....I even asked the cook if it could be spiced up and they thought cutting up hot peppers (not!). The two breadsticks were a nice touch. The pasta came in a SMALL bowl w/ baked cheese on top. For the money charged, it should have been a larger portion. Despite asking for sausage, they gave me meatballs (not the end of the world). My biggest gripe is how PLAIN the pasta sauce was!!! It could have come out of a jar for heaven's sake!!!! Very disappointing. The server did not even ask how everything was when I paid. He did offer to box up my uneaten pasta and I said no thanks. That should have been a prompt for if it was ok. I would have said that the sauce was very PLAIN and not very good. Honestly, Spaghetti Factory has this place beat for quality, taste and price!

Reviewed June 29, 2016

Kids from prom and larger parties like to come here too. They have a nice salad bar, crispy croutons, large menu. The spaghetti and meatball option is popular. The Sunday turkey dinner for seniors is popular. It is good average food for average prices in a comfortable atmosphere downtown.
I'm probably spoiled because my sister in law is Italian, from Italy and a marvelous cook and I grew up on the East Coast in an Italian neighborhood. So I know what REAL Italian food tastes like. But people in this part of the country like things predictable. ;-)