1,005 results
All reviews payette lake movie theater turn down service a lake view room glass of wine water trampoline shuttle service get away beautiful location fire pit hot tub first rate rooms are spacious high end great amenities cookies off season
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Just visited over the weekend Jan. 27th - 29th for the McCall Winter Carnival.

This is our second time staying at the Shore Lodge. It is a beautiful hotel with magnificent views of the lake and mountains behind. Ask for a Lakeview room. You will not be disappointed. The rooms are large, comfortable, clean, and cozy. Bathrooms are clean and have a separate tile shower and tub. Our room had a king bed and a separate living area with a desk, sofa/sleeper, and hutch with a flat screen TV. There is also a coffeemaker and small refrigerator, which is nice to have.

The resort itself is beautiful. There are many amenities which are included. The hot tubs and swimming pool are heated and available year-round. There is a brand new SPA and fitness center which is very nice. My wife had a massage and said it was one of the best she has ever had. The fitness center is small, but nice and plenty of cardio equipment, each with its own video screen.

The highlight for my son is the movie theater. Shore Lodge has a movie theater which you can reserve and select a movie to watch from a large selection of first run movies. They serve you popcorn and drinks. This is all complimentary.

The restaurants are very nice, especially the bar, which has a very nice lake view and great food. It is kid friendly with pizza, chicken tenders, burgers and other items on the kids menu. There are also some nice restaurants close by. Two are within walking distance.

The staff on hand is very friendly, courteous, and helpful. No need to worry about driving into town. The resort has several shuttles which will take you into town and pick you up. During the Winter Carnival this was a plus. We didn't have to worry about driving in the traffic, or finding a place to park. The shuttle drivers are very nice and so helpful.

Overall, I would recommend Shore Lodge. Brundage Mountain resort is very close by for skiing and snowboarding.

Room tip: Ask for a Lakeview room.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Stayed for two nights. Kids had fun watching movie in the theater. Hot tub was wonderful. Staff always friendly. I wish they offered yoga in the morning. That would be great. We will be back soon.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

My husband and my best friend surprised me with a weekend in beautiful McCall, Idaho for my birthday. One of the highlights being dinner at the Shore Lodge. We were greeted at the door by very friendly staff and were seated at a table overlooking the lake. The manager sent over a wonderful amuse-bouche of pork belly and scallops. Amazing! For starters the fondue with cheddar and stout. A non traditional recipe but very tasty. A lovely bottle of wine. My friend and I both had the filet mignon. Also amazing! My husband had the buffalo short ribs with an asian twist. He cleaned his plate. We finished our meal with a cocktail in the jazzy bar next to the restaurant. Everything about our experience here was an A++. A very big thanks to John Wood and his staff. I cannot wait to visit again!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I am very sorry to be writing this review. We have had so many wonderful lunches and dinners at the Shore Lodge but I must advise staying away from the Sunday brunch. Order from the menu instead! The brunch is scrambled eggs, cold potatoes, a Mexican dish of some kind and bacon or sausage. And, of course, OATMEAL!! The fresh fruit was good and had a nice presentation. The service is always good and the setting beautiful. We will certainly go back but not for the brunch!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank smithlois
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I stayed at this hotel attending a convention. The only problem is that I was in meetings all day and did not have time to enjoy the beauty of the hotel and its location. My room was on the first floor, opening right out onto the lake. The room was spacious and comfortable with good amenities. The setting is gorgeous, right on the lake. I loved the free s'mores by the fire pit each night! Nice touch. Staff was friendly and helpful. I did not have an opportunity to try the restaurants, as meals were served as part of the convention. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2011