All reviews payette lake movie theater turn down service glass of wine shuttle service water trampoline beautiful setting get away fire pit hot tub the entire staff first rate rooms are spacious off season great amenities cookies love this place
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Spent the weekend there for the Winter Festival, skiing at Tamarack, dinner at Blue Moon Yurt (see review).
First off, the valet parking was such a pleasant surprise and quite the treat considering the crowds associated with the Winter Festival.
The decor is 'mountain lodge' but with just the right amount so as not to be an over-blown caricature of a lodge. The view across the frozen lake was scenic and serene.
The rooms are spacious, clean, and well-appointed with a flat screen, dual sinks, a small closet, robes, and a safe. The king bed, pillows, and linens were so comfortable, esp. after a long day of snowboarding. My wife LOVED the seemingly endless hot water and the heavy stream of water in the shower. We like the robes so much, we purchased a pair in the Mercantile in the lobby!
Above all however, was the friendliness and service-oriented staff that greeted us every time with a smile and hello. The valets were great, esp. if we needed directions or recommendations. You realize quickly that service is the focus of everyone at the lodge.
The Lodge also has a concierge and shuttle service to just about anywhere in McCall. We ate at the Narrows, their upscale restaurant overlooking the lake (again, see review).
We didn't take advantage of the spa or the many seasonal amenities.
Shore Lodge is a friendly, classy, yet very affordable treat nestled in scenic McCall. Loved it.

Room Tip: Splurge a get a room over-looking the lake!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Just visited over the weekend Jan. 27th - 29th for the McCall Winter Carnival.

This is our second time staying at the Shore Lodge. It is a beautiful hotel with magnificent views of the lake and mountains behind. Ask for a Lakeview room. You will not be disappointed. The rooms are large, comfortable, clean, and cozy. Bathrooms are clean and have a separate tile shower and tub. Our room had a king bed and a separate living area with a desk, sofa/sleeper, and hutch with a flat screen TV. There is also a coffeemaker and small refrigerator, which is nice to have.

The resort itself is beautiful. There are many amenities which are included. The hot tubs and swimming pool are heated and available year-round. There is a brand new SPA and fitness center which is very nice. My wife had a massage and said it was one of the best she has ever had. The fitness center is small, but nice and plenty of cardio equipment, each with its own video screen.

The highlight for my son is the movie theater. Shore Lodge has a movie theater which you can reserve and select a movie to watch from a large selection of first run movies. They serve you popcorn and drinks. This is all complimentary.

The restaurants are very nice, especially the bar, which has a very nice lake view and great food. It is kid friendly with pizza, chicken tenders, burgers and other items on the kids menu. There are also some nice restaurants close by. Two are within walking distance.

The staff on hand is very friendly, courteous, and helpful. No need to worry about driving into town. The resort has several shuttles which will take you into town and pick you up. During the Winter Carnival this was a plus. We didn't have to worry about driving in the traffic, or finding a place to park. The shuttle drivers are very nice and so helpful.

Overall, I would recommend Shore Lodge. Brundage Mountain resort is very close by for skiing and snowboarding.

Room Tip: Ask for a Lakeview room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Stayed for two nights. Kids had fun watching movie in the theater. Hot tub was wonderful. Staff always friendly. I wish they offered yoga in the morning. That would be great. We will be back soon.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 10, 2012

My husband and my best friend surprised me with a weekend in beautiful McCall, Idaho for my birthday. One of the highlights being dinner at the Shore Lodge. We were greeted at the door by very friendly staff and were seated at a table overlooking the lake. The manager sent over a wonderful amuse-bouche of pork belly and scallops. Amazing! For starters the fondue with cheddar and stout. A non traditional recipe but very tasty. A lovely bottle of wine. My friend and I both had the filet mignon. Also amazing! My husband had the buffalo short ribs with an asian twist. He cleaned his plate. We finished our meal with a cocktail in the jazzy bar next to the restaurant. Everything about our experience here was an A++. A very big thanks to John Wood and his staff. I cannot wait to visit again!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I am very sorry to be writing this review. We have had so many wonderful lunches and dinners at the Shore Lodge but I must advise staying away from the Sunday brunch. Order from the menu instead! The brunch is scrambled eggs, cold potatoes, a Mexican dish of some kind and bacon or sausage. And, of course, OATMEAL!! The fresh fruit was good and had a nice presentation. The service is always good and the setting beautiful. We will certainly go back but not for the brunch!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends