“Family Restaurant Experience”

J B's Family Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 263 Restaurants in Meridian
Reviewed July 2, 2018

15 year’s since I last visited a JB’s a restaurant, during my college day’s it was my early morning go to breakfast diner – this early evening trip didn’t allow me to compare today’s breakfast with year’s gone by; place easy access parking, greeting and sitting well done, a busy robust atmosphere, clean and spacious; menu done well in visually presenting food items and a friendly server explained well the dishes; overall service was great and speedy; food arrived in good sized portions - however - we were not satisfied with food taste or quality, especially the sauces for salad and ribs which exhibited and tasted high on corn syrup/starchy manufactured types that we found in most franchisee restaurants as opposed to family oriented ethnic food restaurants in the area - net result was a bit of digestive difficulty throughout the night – in general can say most interesting and discerning aspect of the food restaurant industry in the US appears to be a heavy use of corn syrup dressings and flavors used to cover-up the genuine taste of foods. I can recommend it for fast quick family US styled restaurant for the service and quanity but only average and not for a wholesome eating experience.

Reviewed March 20, 2018

I liked that they had breakfast and I felt like having Eggs Benedict for dinner. Eggs were hard boiled. Yep hard. I asked for 2 more poached eggs and got over easy. Supervisor never came to the table. I saved the hard eggs and told waitress to show the manager and her response was "I told him" Will never go there again.

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

Have the salad bar. It includes: salads, soups, potato bar, nachos, fruit and a sundae bar! Sandwiches were good too.

Reviewed June 5, 2017

I stopped in for a breakfast after being in Boise and on my way home in Meridian Idaho
They had a very good breakfast buffet. The food was fresh and was kept full all the time I was there. The price was very good for the good food that I got. The help was very friendly, and kept my coffee and water full. Will be going back someday, and will tell my friends and family about it.

Reviewed May 31, 2017

We ate there successive nights and had the all you can eat riblets. We could just finish the first serving. Very tender with small bones. great service

Been to J B's Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!