All reviews movie night beautiful beach saturday night princess margaret beach a couple times narrow balcony an affordable price speed of service main office fish burger nuggets cable tv perfect location rum punch most places by foot one bedroom apartment
Reviewed November 1, 2018

We’ve been to Keegan’s bar & grill a couple of times but never again.

Food is poor but the drinks are just plain vile. We had a couple of Pina Coladas and were served drinks made with way past expiry date pineapple juice and precious little rum. We asked that they take the drinks back and remake them and our waiter apologized and said that he would not bill us for the drinks.

Remade drinks arrived which were marginally better, but when we came to pay the bill, the first two drinks had magically reappeared on the bill. There was clearly never any intention of not charging for the first two awful drinks which were eventually and reluctantly removed from the bill when we pointed out incorrect billing.

Not a nice place, and we left with the feeling that they were most disappointed that we called them out on their offer not to charge for the first two vile drinks. There are way better places to eat and drink on Bequia than this.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2018

We didn’t stay at the hotel but stopped a couple of times for a drink and some lunch. The bar and restaurant could not be better placed for the beach. The drinks and food are quite reasonably priced. I had a delicious fish burger for lunch, my wife had grilled fish. Both were excellent. Good service with a smile.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I visited Keegans for a 2 night stay as part of our island hopping trip around the Caribbean. This place feels very like a hostel which is fine, however we don’t feel the images advertised on the websites matched what we were presented with. We were given the keys to ‘Coral Beach’ where we quickly spotted Mould on the ceiling. After complaining and asking to move room, I didn’t receive an apology, just a begrudged ‘i’ll show you other rooms’. We were then asked again why we wanted to move. This place lacks any vibe, the restaurant staff aren’t very welcoming, there were trillions of flys everywhere which ruined our meals. We noticed a lot of broken glass on the beach and the whole area felt neglected. We decided to take a walk along the beach trail into the town where much nicer and cleaner hotels and restaurants were with a friendlier vibe. I got a strong impression that the Keegans staff ‘couldn’t be bothered’ and we were even charged more for our room than stated on our email confirmation as they made a mistake.
We won’t be returning here, only go if you’re expecting a place to rest your head for cheap and nothing else.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2018

We didn't stay in the main hotel block, which is across a narrow road from the beach, instead rented one of 3 "cottages" they have available up the street and beachfront. The cottages are somewhat attached to each other and part of a small, gated complex which appears to be managed separately from the hotel rooms (although check-in was at the main office) as we were asked to find the owner who lives there and pay the remainder of our balance directly to her. This was a little tricky, as she didn't seek us out and wasn't around all the time. We finally had to track her down the morning we were leaving and I felt this was a little lacking in customer service. The cottage was a good size studio, with king bed, sitting area and tv, small but complete kitchen with newish fridge which worked very well and bathroom with outside rain shower and a view to the water. We loved the shower, but the rest of the bathroom was outside the a/c and was hot. There is a narrow balcony around two sides of the room, with doors on both walls - but beware, the double doors swung shut on us when we first got there and locked us out. My husband was able to climb into the outdoor shower from the balcony and got us back in without hiking a good ways back to the office for another key! The beach is right below the room and really beautiful! We stayed over a weekend and it was obvious that a lot of locals come to play on the beach on weekends. The restaurant and bar were not really to our liking, although the food was ok. Problem was service which was excruciatingly slow, even allowing for island time. We spent 2 1/2 hours at the restaurant in the afternoon having a drink and hamburgers (no exaggeration). Breakfast was 2 hours total, and eggs ordered over medium were served sunny side up with runny whites. My husband ate them anyway, as we didn't want to wait any longer. Also, the restaurant is over run with flies, just crawling on us, the tables, food, etc. Really bad and I'm guessing that a few fly strips or a insect zapper could help, as the restaurant just down the beach didn't have ANY flies. That made us wonder about the cleanliness of the kitchen at Keegans. We only had two meals there as we couldn't take the flies or the wait time anymore. All in all, a good stay on a spectacular beach, but I would recommend finding other places to eat.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

Very comfortable and welcoming. Love that it's so close to the beach and I can get my favorite drink at an affordable price. Will definitely be staying there next time I go to bequia. Already looking into time off

Trip type: Travelled with friends