“Good choice”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Pocatello
Calgary, Alberta
“Good choice”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed at this property twice in the same week. Good location and easy to find. Pleasant staff and easy check in. Rooms were clean but in need of an update.Two comfortable queen beds, no roll away beds available. Wish we had brought an air mattress as we are a family of 5 and that would have made it a much more comfortable stay. Staff did offer extra blankets if we needed them. In one room, the carpet was stained and smelled possibly of cleaning solution. In the second room we stayed in the carpet looked great, but one of the mattresses was ripped open on the side. The bathrooms looked old but were clean. Great perks such as 24 hour pool and exercise room, free wifi, a good free breakfast, including scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, potatoes, waffles, muffins and more AND discounts for nearby restaurants!. Great value if you can get past the dated decor.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
James s, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites - Pocatello, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear RoadtrippinFool,
Thank you for staying with us at AmeriTel Inn and for sharing your experience with us. I'm happy to hear that our staff did a good job for you. We know that customer service can make or break a stay and i'm glad that ours treated you well. The breakfast is one of our finer amenities that we offer and i'm excited that you were able to enjoy it. Thanks again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to seeing you again.
Shaun E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Had a wonderful stay last weekend at the Pocatello ameritel. What I enjoyed most was the staff and cookies. From check in to departure my family and I felt very welcome. The front desk was very helpful with the few questions I had. I love the restaurant discount list I was given with my keycard, and the fact that housekeeping didn't miss a beat. Thank you ameritel for your hospitality and service you are my number one choice, and I will be staying again on my next visit to Pocatello.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
James s, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites - Pocatello, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Griffin R,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience about your stay at AmeriTel. We do have an outstanding staff working here and I am happy to hear that they have done such a wonderful job for you and your family. We look forward to seeing you again.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I have been coming here for years. Best staff and service hands down. Rooms are comfortable and reasonably quite. Only issue is they have smoking rooms. This can drift to adjacent areas. Just ask and the staff will make every effort to help.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear John49478,
Thank you for staying at the AmeriTel Inn again. We are so pleased to hear that we have treated you well over the years. We are always willing to do what we can to make our guests more comfortable while staying with us. We hope to see you again soon, next time you are up our way.
Twin Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stayed at this property for 3 days and though the carpet was what disappointed me the most I had a nice stay. The staff made up for it they were all very pleasant always smiling definitely put me in a good mood. The breakfast was good, also the cookies in the evenings. The thing i enjoyed the most about the Ameritel is the POOL and it was open 24hrs!! I will be returning to this hotel if I ever find myself in Pocatello again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joanne C
Dear Joanne C,
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience and for staying at the AmeriTel Inn. I am glad to hear that your stay was a pleasant one. We do our best to make sure those who stay with us have a stay like yours. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My sister and I were traveling through Pocatello and stayed at this Ameri-Tel in room #231. The room had the following issues:
1) The fire detector was broken and literally hanging from the ceiling
2) The electrical outlet and lights on the headboard wall were not functioning and when we pulled the nightstand away from the wall we could see the outlet was broken and wires were exposed.
3) The privacy curtain on the window had three broken holders so the curtain would not close all the way allowing the parking lot lights to come in.
4) The toilet handle was broken so we had to lift the back lid to lift the plug to flush
5) Breakfast the next morning, the coffee was out. The gal did get more made but it was about 10 minutes without
6) The hashbrowns, muffins and hot chocolate were all gone and not refilled
7) The toaster was not functioning properly so the bread never did get toasted

There were kids running up and down the hall from 9:45 until around 11:00 (bad parents hard to blame the hotel) but the rooms obviously are not built well as all sounds came right into the room and were very loud. We didn't sleep well at all between the light coming in and the noise from other guests.
The beds were very comfortable though and the room was clean.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
James s, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites - Pocatello, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear travelingthru2014,
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience about your stay at the AmeriTel Inn. I'm glad that you found our beds comfortable and our rooms clean. We do our best to ensure everyone enjoys there stay at the AmeriTel. That said, I was very sorry to hear about the maintenance issues in your room. Those are all standard fixes that could have been avoided and for that I apologize. If you would please contact me at the hotel I will do my best to make up for those problems. Again, I apologize for those issues and look forward to speaking with you soon. Thanks again for your comments.
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed here on business travel for 5 days (Sun-Thurs). It was a fair value for the price, but I wouldn't stay there again. For one thing, they allow smoking in some of the rooms and when you walk by those rooms in the hall you can smell the cigarette smoke. The decor was outdated - the carpet in the corridor shows its age. Everything in my room worked so I can't complain about the functionality. It was fairly clean, although the glass lamp base and the windows could have been cleaned better. My window faced a busy-ish street on a hill so cars made a lot of noise accelerating uphill or braking to a stop at the bottom of the hill. I used the fitness center a few times, which was pretty nice. I ate breakfast there once, it was pretty good, although they were out of something I wanted - I think it was the potates. The staff was polite and helpful.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the valley, and not on the street.