“Great place to stay!”

Clarion Inn
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I just checked into my room for a 3 day business stay and I'm so impressed that I felt compelled to write an immediate review. I booked through Priceline and got a great rate, but after reading the reviews I was nervous about the property. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. There is a covered entrance with automatic doors. The lobby and restaurant look very nice. I did notice as I pulled in that there are some rooms with exterior doors. The receptionist (Kat) was happy and pleasant in her greeting. When she checked me in she mentioned my room was one of the ones with an exterior door. I asked if she had anything available in the main building (rooms have interior doors). She checked and switched me to a room in the main building without any argument. The room is very nice. Good bedding, granite counter tops, iron and board, solid wood furnishings, etc. Everything is very clean and organized. I've stayed in 4+ star hotels that are worse. The indoor clover-shaped pool area with waterfall looks great and I can't wait to soak in the hot tub after my meetings today. I feel bad for those who posted negative reviews, but my experience so far is great and I'm very happy with the property. I happily recommend staying here and will come back again. If you notice things you want or like, asking politely for those things can go a long way.

• Stayed February 2012
ClarionInnPocatello, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
We are so please you enjoyed your stay with us while in Pocatello. We pride ourselves on our customer service and we are delighted you were able to experience it. We hope you were indeed able to take advantage our hot tub and sauna after your meetings; they sure do help take the stress off after a long day. Thank you for your thoughtful review and we look forward to your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Ogden, UT
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Had to stay in Pocatello on short notice. My first choices were Hampton Inn, Marriott, Ameritel Inn. All were booked solid. I chose the clarion out of desperation. This is a true motel, don't be fooled by the pictures online. The rooms are very dated and cleanliness is so so. I slept ok but could not wait to get out of there. On the upside, there is a huge indoor pool area that I think kids would enjoy.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Skyburner
Thank you for your honest review. We are sorry to hear your stay may not have been up to our usual standards. As for the layout of our property, we have different options to meet the individual needs of our valued guests. Some of our rooms face the outside; this option offers the convenience of parking your vehicle right in front of your room for easy access. We also have indoor rooms that overlook our pool. This option may be the right fit for you during your next stay if you were uncomfortable with our outside rooms.

You're right; we do have a great pool. In fact, we have the largest indoor pool in Pocatello. Along with our pool, we also have a sauna and hot tub that will not disappoint.

Please consider us the next time you are in Pocatello. We will make it our priority to become your first choice instead of your "last resort'.

Travellers are raving about these Pocatello hotels

Idaho
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Female traveling alone with a previous frightening experience at another establishment. I had a great rate from a discount site, room was clean, quiet and safe. Ashley, front desk clerk even called my room to make sure everything was satisfactory. Burger in the Brass Rail was good, fast and friendly service. Hoping I can keep getting a great rate at Clarion for my regular trips to Pocatello!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your review! We would love to offer you a great rate every time your are in Pocatello! In fact, next time you plan a trip, call us direct at (208) 237-1400. We have a great sales team that would love to work with you. We hope to hear from you soon.
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Stayed there for 1 night with our pet. The hotel is really pet friendly and they have outside door access from your room which makes it nice. They have a 2 acre park that fido can play in which was really nice. Pool area looked really fun if you were travelling with children there is also a resturant and lounge on site. Parking at your door is also really nice.
Downside were dated rooms and Interstate traffic noise that kept us from having a bad sleep, we also had a room service issue but that was satisfactorily resolved by the night manager.
Overall not a bad place to stay over if your travelling with Fido or kids but skip it if your a couple.

Room Tip: Make sure to get aroom that is not facing I-15
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2011

The Clarion Inn was discourteous and inflexible in dealing with my situation. I was snowed in McCall (only have rear-wheel drive) and could not make it to my reservation in Pocatello. The front desk person could not help me, after calling several times (NO RETURN CALLS) to the General Manager, they still insisted on charging my card for the night. This is not good business.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank SetFreeIllFlyAway
Minneapolis, Mn
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Very pleasant staff. Good food served at our meetings.
Dated property. Many of the rooms are on the outside, with doors that open directly to them. This is so undesirable for single females. The cold got in very easily too, I might add.
No free breakfast, but the restaurant was ok.
Every single cup in my room had a slit in it. Someone pointed out that it was probably a box cutter used to open the box in which they came. Even the cardboard coffee cup had a hole in it.
I pray I never have to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Kathleen B
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 29 September 2011

This hotel is located near the Interstate and a number of restaurants. It used to be a Holiday Inn (I think). Indoor pool was good. Workout room was average (but no complaints). The food that was served during out meetings was pretty good. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to see if you needed anything. The rooms were average and I preferred being in the main area with the pool (Room 1102). Not the quietest, but I slept well. The business office was good (the printer was down so I downloaded and reinstalled the printer on one of the computers and it worked). The sign had indicated you needed to email your stuff to the office for printing, but that would have been to much of a hassle. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: For convenience I would definitely get one that opens to the pool area.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Camcolo
ClarionInnPocatello, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. You are right; we recently changed brands from the Holiday Inn to Clarion Inn in December 2010. We are adjusting quite nicely to our new name and enjoy the positive changes it has brought with it.

We apologize our printer was not operating correctly but we thank you for taking the time to fix the problem. Since your stay we have had a technician take a look at each computer and printer in our business center and they are running better than ever!

Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit!