“Very Average!!!”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Vancouver, Canada
“Very Average!!!”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Booked a night through Priceline for May 31. Called and spoke to Ashley twice prior to our arrival, first to confirm a non smoking King Room and she indicated no problem. I called again to confirm the room request and get the general manager's email address. I emailed Jason with some concerns about various negative comments posted on Tripadvisor and never heard back. Obviously nobody really cares! Upon our arrival, they booked us into a QUEEN ROOM non smoking, in spite of my two wasted telephone calls. We had stayed here a couple of years ago and nothing has really changed. The rooms are dated, relatively clean and service is average. If we would have paid the posted rate for this room, we would have been EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!

Room Tip: Probably want to find another hotel if possible.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank GlenGK_12
ClarionInnPocatello, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
I would like to personally thank you for your review of our property. Unfortunately, when you book through Priceline.com, you are guaranteed a room but not necessarily a room type. You did the right thing by calling us direct to request a specific room type. But unfortunately, there are some instances where we are unable to accommodate your request (such as sold out night, or unplanned maintenance issues).

I am terribly sorry to hear you feel our property does not care. We pride ourselves in our customer service and try to treat every guest with the best service possible. On that note, I did not receive an email concerning your stay. My email address is jball2025@ida.net. Please check your records to make sure you were given the correct email. If you have any further comments concerning your stay, please feel free to email me at that address.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Jason Ball

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Idaho
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel over the weekend and it was average. Nothing amazing or spectacular. The rooms were adequate and everything was clean. I didn't like the layout of the hotel, but that is just a personal preference I guess. Half of the rooms are accessed through a walkway outside and half of the rooms are accessible from the lobby area. My room was a room that did not have access to the lobby unless you went outside. Not a big deal in this area.

While at the hotel I used the pool and hot tub which were good. I also visited the Whispers Lounge which is on site. The lounge had a nice atmosphere and good drinks.

It was also nice to be able to walk across the property to visit Applebee's, since they were open later than the lounge and restaurant in the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Logan, UT
Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed because it is pet friendly, a nice place outdoor space But, the room smelled and the carpet was filthy no going in your socks there, no fridge, no microwave, bed was a 4 out of 10 too soft, and no fan in bathroom. The staff was nice. Too bad it wasn't clean.

• Stayed May 2012

Travellers are raving about these Pocatello hotels

Reviewed 28 April 2012

If I didn't have to stay here with my son's team, I would have gone elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Ktrusty
ClarionInnPocatello, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Thank you for the review of your recent stay at the Clarion Inn. We sincerely apologize if you were unsatisfied with our property. You mentioned you felt our property had not been updated in 30 years; I would like to point out a few of our most recent upgrades. In the last few years alone we have installed new mirrors and granite counter tops in our guest room bathrooms. The bedding in every guest room has be updated and replaced. We recently installed flat screen televisions in our suites and will soon have them in every room. Last summer, we completely remodeled the outside our of property with beautiful brick and stucco. We have also renovated our public area restrooms.

One thing our property prides itself on is our goal to always update and improve. Please consider staying with us again and I am sure you will notice our improvements.
Etna, Wyoming, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The location of the hotel is convenient and easy to get to. It's next to several other nice hotels that we've stayed at before, so we thought it would compare, but it doesn't.
Our first problem was that the door to our room was impossible to get open. My husband had to throw himself against it every time, just to get it opened. I never was able to get the door to open by myself.
The inside of our room was clean. There were no issues there.
However, our room was extremely loud. There were people outside on the lawn, at a table, well into the night. We got back to our room, from the show, at 12:15 am. We heard those people outside, passed 1:00 am. There were several bikers riding through the parking lot through out the night, as well. I'm not sure if it was the vibration from their bikes, or if the people outside were attempting to break into the vehicles outside, but soon after a group of loud bikes drove through the parking lot, there were car alarms going off. Luckily, it wasn't ours. I was concerned about our vehicle being broken into, after that.
The next morning we woke up to several dogs barking. This hotel does allow pets, which is convenient to those traveling with their pets. It was a little annoying to hear, after being kept up most of the night from the people outside, and the motorcycles.
We also had the pleasure of waking up to the smell of cigarette smoke. I don't know if it came from a room below or next to us, but it was strong enough that my 4 year old son was coughing.
The pool does not open until 9:00 am. It seems like that is a little later than most pools open. However, it is a really nice pool! The only problem we had there is that at 9:15 am, we were still waiting for someone to come unlock the gates around the pool. My mother in law asked a lady working there why it hadn't opened yet and she said it didn't open until 10:00 am. The front desk had told us that it opened at 9:00. The lady said she would go find someone and see what the problem was. About 5 minutes later a gentleman came out with a key, in no hurry. He took his time unlocking the pool. It wasn't a huge deal, but it was a little irritating, being he was already 20 minutes late!
I rated this hotel a 2 because of all the noise, the door needed some major work, the smell of the smoke, the noise of the pets, and the fact that the staff was late, and in no hurry to open such a nice amenity that the hotel had to offer, on time.
I will note that when we checked in, the girl at the front desk was very polite and friendly. And again, the pool is very nice. My son really enjoyed swimming in it...once it opened.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephanie R
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Just fine. There is a bar and a pool. It's a little loud with the road. But feels clean and spacious.

• Stayed March 2012
Provo, Utah
Reviewed 9 March 2012

This was the old holiday inn and they haven't changed it at all from what i remember. The service was what I have come to expect from Choice and I was not disappointed. The restaurant provided a great and delicious selection but I was sad that there was not a complimentary breakfast available. The pool is huge and indoors so can be enjoyed year round. It is great for kids as 2/3 of it is only about 4 ft or less. There is a decent hot tub and sauna available as well. I was really disappointed in the "fitness room". I don't really believe that 2 treadmills, a stair stepper, and a machine should count (plus i hate that the mirrors in the room make the picture look like its a LOT bigger than it really is).
I would stay here again because its Choice but if there was another option I'd look.

Room Tip: if you want noise and chlorine smell choose an inside room, else outside.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Devores
ClarionInnPocatello, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Thank you for your review of our property! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. We definitely agree with you; we think our restaurant offers a great selection of delicious food as well. Next time you stay, ask about our Choice Privileges program. As a member, you would receive a coupon for $7 off of breakfast. We hope this would help with your disappointment at the lack of a complimentary breakfast. Our advice is to try the Best Value Breakfast option on our menu. With a price of $6.99, this option can be completely covered by the Choice Privilege breakfast coupon. This option also offers more than enough food to start your day off right.

As for our fitness center, we apologize if you felt the picture was deceiving. This was not our intention in the slightest. But if our workout equipment did not fit your needs, next time ask about our "Shape up for Summer" program. As an added benefit for our guests, we have teamed up with a local gym in Pocatello. While staying at our hotel, our guests have a free pass to use the facilities of Fitness Inc. We believe this free amenity will offer all of the finess equipment you desire while visiting Pocatello.

Thanks again for staying with us while in Pocatello. We look forward to your next visit.