“A Local Surpirse”

Ranked #31 of 95 Restaurants in Post Falls
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 April 2017

Whenever possible we support local businesses with the expectation products and services will be delivered as only a local entrepreneur can or will. Dueling Irons restaurant is a good example of that concept. The food we ordered came quick, was cooked properly and tasted great. I strongly recommend the Big Iron if you want a best-burger-you-ever-had contender. And then .................. when was the last time you went into a restaurant honoring the Second Amendment by offering a 15% discount to patrons carrying? It was a first for me and, in a world of increasing paranoia about maybe offending someone, refreshing in its clarity and honesty. We like Dueling Irons for a lot of reasons.

Thomas D, Owner at Dueling Irons, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Thank you Dave. We appreciate the support and are very happy to hear you enjoyed your visit with us! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 September 2016

I wasn't impressed with this restaurant. I ordered the Reuben sandwich, but it was way to thick with saurkraut and included way too much sauce, which made the bread soggy and impossible to pick up. It had to be eaten with a fork and knife, and even then wasn't really that great.

It's an average interior, the service was okay, and the prices are comparable with the rest of Post Falls.

Thomas D, Owner at Dueling Irons, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Sorry to hear your visit with us was lacking. We are more than happy to modify items to suit your tastes. We are also working on updating our interior and decor. Thank you for taking time to let us know about your visit!

Reviewed 13 September 2016

An interesting offering for those seeking breakfast on the road or as a local.......I was disappointed with my very gummy and pasty biscuits and gravy........did not quite cook out the flour long enough.

Sorry to hear about the biscuits and gravy, and thank you for taking the time to let us know. We have looked into the matter and have adjusted our procedure! Thanks again!

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Went in based on all the reviews of being very open and conceal carry friendly etc, decor does not match the name or food. The server was very friendly & bathrooms were clean. Food was very greasy :/ ordered what I was hoping was traditional eggs Benedict and ended up with a huge greasy sausage patty with poached eggs and country gravy & the roasted red potatoes were fried & very bland :/ I took a few bites and just couldn't handle the grease, I wish I had enjoyed the coffee since I was still very hungry but the black cups had rings accompanied by cloudy residue & seasoning on them. Mom had a pretty good waffle, I Would need a real reason to return to try again :/

Thomas D, Owner at Dueling Irons, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with us. I will look into the miscommunication for your order and bring the other matters to my staffs attention. We strive to do the best job we can for our guests and appreciate hearing if there are matters that we are not completing their satisfaction. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit!

Reviewed 13 August 2016

In an old Wingers restaurant. Food was good, maybe a bit under seasoned. I had the pulled pork breakfast burrito, not bad. Another in my party had the crepes with strawberries. She enjoyed them, but they were too sweet for me! I noticed many locals having coffee.

Thank you for stopping in and visiting us and letting us know how we are doing!