“Impressive throughout, in a gorgeous setting”

The Lodge at Sandpoint
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Sagle
Lake Forest, California
“Impressive throughout, in a gorgeous setting”
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Beautiful structure, impeccable interior appointments, extensive outside features, thoughtful landscaping... Unforgettable stay. Expansive lobby with soaring beam ceiling has cozy, warmly furnished nooks surrounding a grand fireplace, with outside deck areas and seating facing the lake. Nearing our 54th anniversary, my wife and I were delighted with our Lodge discovery. We looked over several of the other rooms, and found each to be unique and attractive in its design. (Looking to future special occasions, we also viewed their classy event facilities. The Lodge's warm decor theme was carried through there as well.)

Room Tip: Ask if a lake view is available.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Tetonia, Idaho
Reviewed 8 February 2011

The view of the lake and the mountain is beautiful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Upon checking in, Dan told us to watch for eagles flying over the lake and sure enough on two occasions, we saw several of them! He made great restaurant recommendations too. The room was a nice size with a mini kitchen, a gas fireplace and a balcony overlooking the lake. The continental breakfast had a lot of choices and was an excellent way to start our day before we ventured out to the ski slopes. After skiing we would enjoy a glowing fire in the main area of the lodge and chat with Dan. There was also a desk set up with internet access on the 4th floor. No matter which area of the lodge you were in, it felt like a beautiful, big, cozy home. The ONLY downside I would say is that you have to have a car because there is no transportation to the town or slopes supplied by the lodge. That aside, I would highly recommend staying at this beautiful lodge, we had a wonderful experience.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
washington
Reviewed 30 September 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Lodge at Sandpoint on Saturday 9/25/10 in a ground foor unit. The room and location are nice. However, the room is equipped with a portable ice maker with instructions to unplug at night so as to not disturb sleep. We unplugged as instructed but the machine must have had indigestion as it made noise all night long.

The biggest problem is the Inn is not built with high quality sound deading features. The couple above us was up and down all night using the bathroom. We could hear foot step and most disturbing was the sound of plumbing draining down the interior wall next to our bed with no insullation. Neither of us slept well.

The outdoor patio was dirty and only one chair.

I reported my concerns to the front desk on checkout and was told the manager would call. I called the Inn again two days later, not available, still no response from the manager.

Overall, very pricey for a mediocore hotel. If you are inclined to stay, get the top floor and pay a premium and move the ice machine to the bathroom at night.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank WashingtonSam
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 29 September 2010

We had spent a couple of days in Glacier and though beautiful, it was cold and rainy. The Lodge at Sandpoint was very relaxing. The public rooms at the Lodge were fabulous, beautiful deck, reading rooms, hot tub and sauna. Our room was beautifully furnished and we had a lovely deck that overlooked the Lake. There was a fireplace in the room that was warming and welcoming. The staff was very gracious. It was a welcome contrast from the rain and cold at Glacier

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 12 September 2010

I stayed at the Lodge after a few days of travel about Idaho. I was looking for a cozy luxury hotel stay. The rooms are oversized. The beds are wonderfully comfortable. The main areas are loaded with beautiful views, a couple of deck areas, fireplaces and comfortable seating. A simple continental breakfast is included. There is a restaurant next door for the fatigued traveler. I loved the area. Sandpoint has a very cute downtown. Very nice, courteous people. I hiked and would have biked if the weather had been a little better. The hotel and surrounding area were just what I needed to end my trip!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Arizona
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Not sure why this is listed under B&Bs, it is more of a lodge experience. We had a dlx studio lakeview w/fireplace and balcony, and a little galley kitchen with dishes, micro and fridge. I would rate the room A+ for the layout and the view. Loved the linens and furnishings. You have to get a lakeview room here or you will regret it, the lake is other worldly. The lodge is in Sagle not Sandpoint, which is across a 2 mile bridge and there is some road noise from the highway but that did not bother us. Dan was extremely helpful in explaining all there is to do. There are some beautiful rooms at the lodge to explore and there are 2 hot tubs. We never saw anyone so not sure if folks take advantage of these. They have a fitness room that was small but very adequate.
The breakfast was ok, somewhat lean for a "B&B" experience: bananas, grapes, yoghurt, muffins, pastries (store bought). No cold cereal or hard boiled eggs.
You can rent kayaks and bikes right there. They are both on the small side, maybe not the best if you are big and tall like us. We rented kayaks and went around bottle bay very nice. There are bike paths across the bridge and into Sandpoint.
I was disappointed in the restaurant next door, 41 South. The food did not agree with me, and the service was below par.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy Y
Washington, Virginia
Reviewed 7 August 2010

Having stayed in "Premier Boutique Hotels" all over the World from London to Bali, I was disappointed in the Lodge. We booked there because of what I read on their website and on Trip Advisor. I thought it was the best lodging in the area. I don't think it was good value. When I spend $1000 plus on a few days at a hotel or lodging - I expect a certain level of service and amenities.
The staff was very friendly, and the grounds are lovely, but there was no one to help with our bags. They had a rickety - difficult to manage - cart that you pushed out to the parking lot (It was raining) to unload your suitcases and then bring them into the lobby and into an elevator and push to your room. There is no room service. Our suite was large, and clean - but the furniture was not what I would call upscale nor did it even match. (I recognized the sofas and chairs as a line that is available at a low cost furniture rental company on the east coast. And the lamps look like thrift store bargains.) There is no pool, and the lake was too cold to swim in.
The lodge is new, but the impression is that they ran out of money and had to furnish it and staff it on the cheap. It is lacking the elegance and beauty of -- a Park City, Utah Lodge. We paid less for rooms at the Milestone Hotel in London (see my review) where our rooms were furnished with sumptuous antiques, beautiful fabrics, free bottled water, turn down service, exquisite bath amenities, etc., and we had our own butler.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sagle
3.9 km away
Quality Inn
#5 of 6 in Sandpoint
15.5 km away
Schweitzer Mountain Resort Lodging

Been to The Lodge at Sandpoint? Share your experiences!