“Wouldn't stay at this place again!!”

FairBridge Inn & Suites - Sandpoint
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Sandpoint
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in order to look for a home to buy. The prices for a night here was over $100.00 each! Was very disapointed in our room. Even though we had our dogs with us the room they gave us on the 1st floor had very large stains on the old carpet. This is saying it is a grand opening?!! They needed to do better than change their furniture into a ldge look from the old Super 8 that it used to be! Even had to get a screwdriver from the front desk to fix the deadbolt! I will not recommend this to anyone! Did get a very nice place for our continued stay. The breakfast only had cheerios, 2 tiny poppy seed muffins and hard boiled eggs. What a disappointment.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
CinthiaR, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites - Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

Thank you for informing us of your stay. We do take pride in our recent renovations in which everything from inside to outside is new. We also work hard to be the best value in town. Our summer rates in July and August can get in upwards of $100, however, September it tapers down to about $65-$69.00. Our Hot Waffle Breakfast features: hot waffles, muffins, english muffins, wheat and white toast, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, 3 types of cereral, juice, hot chocolate, hot tea and coffee.

Reviewed 4 October 2011

We cycled the Selkirk Loop in 6 days starting and ending at the guesthouse.Not only were the rooms very nice and clean, the breakfasts were hot and plentiful and very good.The management was friendly and cooperative.Not only allowing us to park our truck there while we were on the trip, but when it looked like we may not be able to be back to Sandpoint on the reserved date, they worked very hard to see if they could accomodate us on another day even though they were booked.Would gladly stay there again

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denny C
CinthiaR, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites - Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2011

Denny C, Thank you for your kind words and I am so glad you had such a great visit. We try to make sure you always have just what you want and need for a super stay. Its nice to hear you like our Hot Waffle breakfast, we try to make it enough for everyone. Your weekend sounds like you have a fun time and that you got to rest after your ride. We can't wait for your return trip. This time SNOW SKIING ?????

Reviewed 26 September 2011

We just spent 3 nights here and it was great. The bed was very comfortable. The room clean and the personnel were great! The front desk was exceptional and helped us find our way around. Breakfast was good, but not really for diabetics. We ate breakfast out once and I got sick from the grease. At the hotel, it was quiet and relaxing. I didn't even hear people walking around in the hall or upstairs. It is a good location in Ponderay, which is two miles from Sandpoint and very close to the Bonner County Fairgrounds. The prices were absolutely reasonable, especially since they had the last two rooms in the area. Thank GuestHouse Lodge!!!!!
Colleen Janes

1  Thank Colleen J

Thank you for your time in writing this. I am happy to hear you had a great time with your stay. I will look into adding food for diabetis. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

Wonderful Friendly and helpful staff, Very clean and quiet. Nice continental breakfast amenity, and close to Fairgrounds. The price was very very reasonable. Beds comfortable. Thanks for a nice stay. Will return and recommend to others!

Room Tip: Quiet. only briefly heard some activity overhead.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank joanne h
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We were greeted when we walked in the door like a welcome home! Our room was very comfortable and VERY CLEAN! I was so tempted to use the 24hr. hot tub but was too tired. I could kick myself! I did take a peek and it was very clean,and... I would of had it all to myself. I was so glad when we got there,the rest rooms were right inside and when he said they had breakfast in the morning (included) I was thrilled. We love those waffle make it yourself and everything was fresh. Well worth the affordable price! Maybe we should keep this place a secret so there is a room for us everytime we come through. Its close to shopping but yet it was very quiet and comfortable,and spacious lighted parking.

1  Thank karen k
Reviewed 24 September 2011

The price is low here but we would strongly suggest that you ask to see your room before you check in. There seems to be a wider variation in cleanliness and quality than usual. My husband rented three rooms (for himself and two workers) recently. Belive me, he is not overly picky by any means but thought his first-floor room was disgusting. Carpet smelled horrible - he was afraid to walk on it without shoes. Yet his two workers (also not picky) thought their upper floor rooms were fine. An elderly couple just ahead of him at check-in were extending their stay. Unfortunately, we don't know the pattern of which rooms are good, which ones aren't but suggest that if you make a a reservation, you ask questions about how to get one of the better rooms. My husband refuses to go back although he works frequently in Sandpoint.

Room Tip: ASK reservation clerk for good room and ask to see it before you check in! Wide variation.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
CinthiaR, Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites - Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2011

I am so sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I remember speaking with you upon check-out and as always asked how your stay was and you mentioned everything was fine. We highly suggest that if anyone has a problem, no matter how minor, that they address it with front desk so we can fix it immediately. Our job is to serve, and we are always willing and honored to serve you. Please, next time, let us know if something isn't quite right so we may fix it before you leave. We welcome you to give us another try so that we may show you the true meaning of hospitality.

Reviewed 24 September 2011

I came into town to do the half marathon. This hotel was on their recomended list. When we checked in, they accidentally had us in a single queen room. Then they tried to give us a room that hadn't been checked/cleaned at 7pm, maybe someone was still staying in the room. Finally after a half an hour we got into our room. Having to carry all of our luggage up the stairs because there is no elevator.

Finally in our room, at first glance I was happy with the beds, decor and flat screen tv, just like the web site showed. Then I looked in the bathroom and was SADLY disapointed! The bath tub, toilet and sink looked like the original from the 70's or 80's. The bathtub looked like comet hasn't met it in a long time. On the edge of the tub it looked like a child had been playing with markers the marks looked fresh.The bottom of the tub had black marks, possibly stained. Luckily we travel with our own cleaning supplies, so we wiped things down to use it. When showering the tub cracked and creeked so badly I felt bad for the surrounding rooms. I went to check out the 24 hour hot tub, it was an outdoor hot tub in what looks like a previous room on the first floor an elderly or disabled person would not get to enjoy it.

The security lock on the inside of the door was barely hanging on by the last threads of the screws and broken in half. Upon further investigation a crowbar had been used from the outside of the door to force entry. After seeing this my imagination runs wild, as one could only imagine why. The carpet didn't look vacuumed there were threads from clothing in a few spots. I made the mistake of going barefoot and it felt quite dirty. The coffee makers pot didn't fit, so you have to push and hold the pot up to the spout to allow it to pour out, but not without grinds from the "bladder" being too full.

We asked for a late check out because of the race and they declined. The race starts at 8:30 I am not a fast runner, so I had to finish the race then rush back to the hotel to shower and pack up. I did NOT get to enjoy any of the post race freebees.

Good points were the water pressure was good, the a.c. worked, and they didn't have bed bugs . . . .

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
CinthiaR, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites - Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2011

Thank you for mentioning to us of your situation. We have looked into the issues that you mentioned and are addressing them with our maintenance department. We are a proud sponsor of the Scenic Half Marathon that Sandpoint hosts each year. We offered water bottles, granola bars and fruit after the race and everyone received a 2:00pm late checkout. I am so sorry if this wasn't communicated to you effectively. We invite you back to experience the true meaning of hospitality.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandpoint
2.8 km away
33.0 km away
Clark Fork Lodge
Clark Fork Lodge
#1 of 1 in Clark Fork

Been to FairBridge Inn & Suites - Sandpoint? Share your experiences!