See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 20, 2016

The rooms here are very basic bed and bathroom. Both the outside and particularly the inside need a good makeover with new air conditioners. While the amount of amenities are suitable if you only want a basic room for a few nights the condition of them is pretty run down and have a musty smell.
Would prefer to pay a bit more for the same room if it wast painted and freshened up. Probably wont stay here again unless there are signs it has been renovated a bit.

Room tip: If you want a good room check out another place.
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Andyrusty
Reviewed December 9, 2016 via mobile

3 adults staying 3 nights in Room 3. Not my usual type of hotel, however had to stay nearby for a family function.

Pros:
- free parking, right outside the room
- clean, daily housekeeping great

Cons:
- the beds are on wheels and tends to move around a lot.
- ironing board but no iron in sight.
- limited closet space, no dresser so had to leave all clothes in luggage

Other:
- noisy during the busy times (Friday & Saturday night) which is expected.
- no table inside to eat, you can go outside though, as there are plastic ones available (preferred not too, as people were smoking)
- check in at the bar, service was quite slow considering there wasn't anyone else checking in apart from us.

Pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the hotel, I'd stay here again given the location to my family & it was a last minute decision to attend so was the cheapest option.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank mc_ace00
Reviewed July 18, 2016

We needed an inexpensive stay over at short notice, We'd packed up a house load, it was late, we were so tired and this hotel was on Sydney Rd, so was on our way out of Melbourne. Even though we arrived late, staff were very helpful and went out of their way to help us. Units are very basic, but clean and supplies were generous, it was also quiet, and plenty of space for parking, good for us, with a laden trailer behind our car. There are many more facilities we didn't have time to use, but it's a little gem at a great price and worth knowing about.

Room tip: Ask for a quiet room at the side of hotel, not the front
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed March 8, 2016

Yep, it's pub accommodation but the room is clean (albeit old and small), the bed comfy and you get tea/coffee making; a little fridge with milk; a toaster; air conditioning (noisy but blocks road and pub noise) and an ensuite - shower, toilet, vanity with shampoo and soaps provided. There is a wardrobe and ironing board. It's location is convenient to the north of Melbourne. There is a McDonalds and 7 Eleven next door and a great Italian restaurant more or less across the road. You can have a cold beer at the pub and even play pokies, if that's your thing. All in all, I've received a lot less, for a lot more $.
I think this is good value for what it cost.

Room tip: Further back from the highway
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank GizJnr
Reviewed October 4, 2015 via mobile

I stayed there for the AFL grand final and would never suggest anyone stay.
When we checked into the room I found a long black/brown wavy hair on one of the pillows along with peices of crap all over the floor and sheets, it looked as though it hadn't been vacuumed in a couple of days.
That night I grabbed a towel from the cupboard and it had a light brown stain on it about the size of a 50c piece (hopefully it was from makeup and not another brown thing we can all think of) and I noticed the same long brown/black hairs as on the bed around the cold tap (as if someone had their hair stuck in it) and on the shower walls. Just so that everyone knows, I have short bright copper hair so it wasn't mine and my dad has short grey hair, and the shower floor tiles were filthy.
Went out the next morning thinking the cleaner would see these things and low and behold when I had a shower the hair was still there and the floor was still filthy.
This is a shame because the people who worked there were so friendly but I would NEVER stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2015