“Warm water and slippery tub floors”

Maple Grove Hot Springs
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Thatcher
More attraction details
Owner description: Natural hot springs located on the scenic Oneida Narrows Reservoir along the Bear River. Therapeutic hot spring water flows through four different pools without chemicals. Amenities include shower rooms, kitchen and picnic area for day use, as well as overnight rentals ranging from campsites, vintage trailers to a house; so you can come stay for the day or overnight. The reservoir can be used for boating, water skiing, fishing or just floating and swimming.
Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

So you might expect a hot spring to have some slick on the floors of the tubs. I guess it's ok. Not too slick. The water is kept at a nice temp. It's got plenty of floaties. The several pools are all kept at different temps. The furthest from the lobby is the hottest and closest to the lobby is the coolest. The hottest tub was at 101, and Travis (the resort manager) was dialing it up. Got to 104 before we left. The coolest pool was something like 96 if I recall. Access to the reservoir. You can rent canoes and paddle boards for play if you like. The water is cold and murky there. It's river water after all. Overall, a fun place. We paid something like $8 per person. Campsites are nearby and many folks had come up to camp in addition to playing in the pools.

All reviews
"scenery"
"hike"
"miles"

Reviewed August 25, 2016

This is an awesome campground and hot springs. The campgrounds are mostly a little walk from the hot springs, but once you get to the hot springs, it's awesome! The springs are right by the river, so you can enjoy river sports, too. When we were there, there were only a couple other visitors, and it's awesome with a few people or a lot of people. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

I have been visiting Maple Grove Hot Springs for a few years now. It is a wonderful place to go if you are looking for sanctuary, quiet, and a connection with nature. It used to be kind of a party place, but the new owners really honor the sanctuary aspect of the place. And for this, I'm grateful. It is a rare gem and I appreciate having a place to go to renew my connection with my inner being, in nature.

Reviewed August 2, 2016

My daughter and I visited upon the recommendation of a close friend. It was a joy to see a simple setting in such blessed surroundings. The staff monitored the pool temperatures on a regular basis. An extremely friendly manager by the name of Jerry explained the history of the area to the two of us and showed us around. The rest of the staff were very accommodating without being pushy. I had a very memorable experience that I will never forget and would return again at the drop of a hat.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 16, 2016

We camped mid-week mid-July and there was only one other couple there the first night and two couples the second night. We had the tubs to ourselves both nights about 10 and both mornings at 8, not a person in sight. Campsites were large, private and most with plenty of shade. Garret and Travis make you feel like you're visiting a friends place. The tubs were clean with great temperatures. Get yourself some memories from this place