“Hidden Gem”

Maple Grove Hot Springs
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Thatcher
More attraction details
Owner description: Natural hot springs located on the scenic Oneida Narrows Reservoir along the Bear River. Therapeutic hot spring water flows through four different pools without chemicals. Amenities include shower rooms, kitchen and picnic area for day use, as well as overnight rentals ranging from campsites, vintage trailers to a house; so you can come stay for the day or overnight. The reservoir can be used for boating, water skiing, fishing or just floating and swimming.
Reviewed February 18, 2017

Maple Grove Hot Springs is a total hidden gem- we had the best time (02-13-17). My boyfriend and I rented the log cabin, which was great. They had the wood stocked up and ready to make a fire. The hot springs are located right near the water in the Oneida Narrows... go on a clear night & see how unreal the stars are out there! All three pools were awesome to rotate around in. The grounds were very clean & well taken care of. If you're looking for some fancy hot springs resort, this is not for you. If you want peace & solitude in a rustic, natural setting- this is a must visit! Thank you so much Travis & Michelle for your company- we loved chatting with you and learning about the area... wish we had more time to spend here. It is clear you both care a lot about MGHS & we cannot wait to come back!

All reviews
"scenery"
"hike"
"miles"

Reviewed February 2, 2017

Great views, lots of wildlife. Very secluded and peaceful. You can go swim in the river if its to hot. Definitely one of the best hot springs in America.

Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

So you might expect a hot spring to have some slick on the floors of the tubs. I guess it's ok. Not too slick. The water is kept at a nice temp. It's got plenty of floaties. The several pools are all kept at different temps. The furthest from the lobby is the hottest and closest to the lobby is the coolest. The hottest tub was at 101, and Travis (the resort manager) was dialing it up. Got to 104 before we left. The coolest pool was something like 96 if I recall. Access to the reservoir. You can rent canoes and paddle boards for play if you like. The water is cold and murky there. It's river water after all. Overall, a fun place. We paid something like $8 per person. Campsites are nearby and many folks had come up to camp in addition to playing in the pools.

Reviewed August 25, 2016

This is an awesome campground and hot springs. The campgrounds are mostly a little walk from the hot springs, but once you get to the hot springs, it's awesome! The springs are right by the river, so you can enjoy river sports, too. When we were there, there were only a couple other visitors, and it's awesome with a few people or a lot of people. I highly recommend it.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

I have been visiting Maple Grove Hot Springs for a few years now. It is a wonderful place to go if you are looking for sanctuary, quiet, and a connection with nature. It used to be kind of a party place, but the new owners really honor the sanctuary aspect of the place. And for this, I'm grateful. It is a rare gem and I appreciate having a place to go to renew my connection with my inner being, in nature.