Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Family Reunion 2018

Such an amazing place, river was cool, the springs were hot and the staff was very accommodating to... read more

Reviewed July 23, 2018
Julie S
via mobile
Amazing atmosphere, and place to relax

Reviewed September 3, 2017
Del1233
Denver

All reviews bear river yurts cabin hike miles
Reviewed September 3, 2017

Ok, it is EXTREMELY easy to get lost! I spent 3 hours on missing the route. The key is to go on highway 34 to the Bear River. Look for the one and only sign. Then follow the river. Do not go up the hill to mean-tempered property owners with shotguns. Follow the river for 3 miles. Just as the road forks, follow the river.

the place is quiet and peaceful, the water wonderful, the people laid back and amazing.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed May 14, 2017

What I love about this place is it's really off the beaten path. I can't even get a wi-fi signal there! Perfect. Because you're right on a reservoir, there's cold water to swim in, with fish literally jumping out of the water. Then you can get into one of the many different hot pools that are really well maintained. I thought they were lovely. The larger pools are deep enough to swim in. The smaller ones are perfect for just soaking at different temperatures. I loved all the little swallows, goldfinches and hummingbirds flitting overhead. It's a ridiculously gorgeous space to relax in, very calm and peaceful. The scenery is great. We didn't camp but stayed in one of the trailers (which at the current rate is a little too pricey I think) but it was very windy the night we were there so we were glad we weren't out. We were told sometimes it gets windy like that so anyone planning to camp might be aware of that. In any case, it's a nice place to go and just relax with family without distractions. Highly recommended. Beautifully maintained. Quiet.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed February 18, 2017

Maple Grove Hot Springs is a total hidden gem- we had the best time (02-13-17). My boyfriend and I rented the log cabin, which was great. They had the wood stocked up and ready to make a fire. The hot springs are located right near the water in the Oneida Narrows... go on a clear night & see how unreal the stars are out there! All three pools were awesome to rotate around in. The grounds were very clean & well taken care of. If you're looking for some fancy hot springs resort, this is not for you. If you want peace & solitude in a rustic, natural setting- this is a must visit! Thank you so much Travis & Michelle for your company- we loved chatting with you and learning about the area... wish we had more time to spend here. It is clear you both care a lot about MGHS & we cannot wait to come back!

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed February 2, 2017

Great views, lots of wildlife. Very secluded and peaceful. You can go swim in the river if its to hot. Definitely one of the best hot springs in America.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

So you might expect a hot spring to have some slick on the floors of the tubs. I guess it's ok. Not too slick. The water is kept at a nice temp. It's got plenty of floaties. The several pools are all kept at different temps. The furthest from the lobby is the hottest and closest to the lobby is the coolest. The hottest tub was at 101, and Travis (the resort manager) was dialing it up. Got to 104 before we left. The coolest pool was something like 96 if I recall. Access to the reservoir. You can rent canoes and paddle boards for play if you like. The water is cold and murky there. It's river water after all. Overall, a fun place. We paid something like $8 per person. Campsites are nearby and many folks had come up to camp in addition to playing in the pools.

Date of experience: September 2016