“Great time in old hotel!”
Review of The Brooks Hotel

The Brooks Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Wallace
Reviewed 3 October 2016

We stayed in Brooks Hotel for a week of vacation in early Sept. I had talked with Jo (she was helping her uncle who owned the place....and he had recently died before we got there) a number of times before going there and from the reviews we knew exactly what to expect. No, it's not snazzy and definitely could use a LOT of updating, but the sheets were clean, large rooms, clean (very old) bathroom, great fluffy white towels, fabulous water with super water pressure. Kitchen is very old; they do need more dishes and pots and pans if you really want to cook there; that was all very minimal. Jo and her husband were great! Wonderful sense of humor, AND knew what they were doing. Jo made sure we were changed to another room when construction started in the alley one very early morning....really appreciated that. They both did double duty in the hotel and in the restaurant. LOVED the food in the restaurant...lots of it and great selection. Julie was so nice and she made sure you had your order exactly the way you wanted with whatever changes you wanted to make. We ate at other restaurants in Wallace, but really enjoyed Brooks. We loved the location of the hotel and walked everywhere. We would stay there again. One caution...if you are a light and early to bed sleeper, the front of the hotel might not be a good idea if the weather is good, as the bar crowd can get loud if they hang outside.

Room Tip: Front rooms have a great view of the historic street and the wonderful scenery; bar crowd can get lo...
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rocnwan

Reviewed 21 September 2016

We were going to bike ride the Hiawatha Trail so decided to stay in Wallace as it looked like a quaint town with lots of history. Because of a convention during the days we were there, our choices for lodging were limited. The reviews of the Brooks Hotel on TripAdvisor were positive so we stayed there for two nights. The hotel is centrally located, very old and was once a hospital according to the friendly owners/managers, Jo and Tony, who went out of their way to find a place in the hotel for our bicycles overnight. Our room was very clean and bed comfortable. There was no hair dryer in the room, but one was delivered to our room. Only complaint would be that our room became very warm during the night or early morning. The next night we closed off the vent and it was quite comfortable. We ate breakfast in their restaurant which was better than expected. Their huckleberry pancakes were delicious - fluffy and loaded with huckleberries. Our waitress was very friendly and efficient and food arrived in record time.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 70flame70
Reviewed 3 August 2016

Stayed at the Brooks May/June . I had a nice clean and comfortable room . The food was nice and the Staff are the best by far . One Waitress ( Julie ) was fantastic. The owners where outstanding . I would recommend this hotel great value all round . I will be staying here again in 2017 . I would like to thank all at the Brooks Hotel for a fantastic stay ..

Stayed: May 2016
1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed 21 June 2016

Our room looked like there had been a fight to the death with cups of coffee, the mattress had cigar burns in it, and the a/c didn't work. Since we were only there to sleep at night and mountain bile all day it was a minor inconvenience. If you need cheap and don't mind a sleazy look- then this place is for you.

Stayed: September 2015
1  Thank Rob A
Reviewed 7 June 2016

I stayed at the Brook’s Hotel in Historic Wallace Idaho for a period of 4 days. The hotel itself has a diner, bar and beauty salon. I really enjoyed the experience. My room was very livable. I had a little refrigerator, a microwave and my bed was comfortable. The staff is extremely friendly. They are very knowledgeable about the history of the town. The diner has incredible food and the portions are very filling. I even had to take left overs to my room a couple of times. I did not visit the beauty salon but I did visit the bar. No need to drink and drive. That is a win, win. I would refer this hotel to everybody. It was a great experience for me.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank annetteb217
Reviewed 11 January 2016

Travelling through Northern Idaho in the Winter is always challenging and can be dangerous as well... That's why I was relieved to find the small Silver Mining town of Wallace, Idaho. Driving through the main street area I spied the Brooks Hotel and was immediately smitten by the curbside appeal. I loved the old school charm and look and saw that the building was on the National Registry of Historic Places. So, I entered and found the small glass-enclosed check-in desk where I received a hearty Hello from the four folks and two dogs that were present. Do not be put off by the dogs as they were real "sweeties" as were the longtime owners of this unique establishment. They let me take a pic of the one-of-a-kind map of the surrounding Silver Mining communities as well as the many pictures of this building dating back almost 100 years. I loved the room which had just enough comfort and plenty of character. The attached restaurant provided Prime Rib with horseradish side as well as a full-bodied Cabernet... Had a great night's sleep and woke up fresh and ready for another day of travel... Thank you to all of the Brooks staff for making this one of my favorite and most memorable night stays... Tichiganblues

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Tichiganblues
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The staff are nice, the price was very affordable, but the room was old, dingy, and run down. It might have been just as clean other hotels but with so much going on, it didn't feel like it. We had a room with three queen beds, which allowed us to spread out. The room included a kitchen with full size fridge, but the linoleum on the floor was dingy. It appeared there was a water leak in the bathroom because the linoleum was discolored in several places.

It is an older, historical hotel but it could use new carpet, tile, and matching furnishing to make it more appealing.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank XIted2Travel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wallace
0.6 km away
Silver Mountain Resort Lodging
No photo provided
Lux Rooms
#3 of 3 in Wallace

Been to The Brooks Hotel? Share your experiences!