All reviews historic town third floor prime rib two nights night stay enjoyed our stay fridge huckleberry idaho yellowstone cleanliness
Reviewed September 21, 2016

We were going to bike ride the Hiawatha Trail so decided to stay in Wallace as it looked like a quaint town with lots of history. Because of a convention during the days we were there, our choices for lodging were limited. The reviews of the Brooks Hotel on TripAdvisor were positive so we stayed there for two nights. The hotel is centrally located, very old and was once a hospital according to the friendly owners/managers, Jo and Tony, who went out of their way to find a place in the hotel for our bicycles overnight. Our room was very clean and bed comfortable. There was no hair dryer in the room, but one was delivered to our room. Only complaint would be that our room became very warm during the night or early morning. The next night we closed off the vent and it was quite comfortable. We ate breakfast in their restaurant which was better than expected. Their huckleberry pancakes were delicious - fluffy and loaded with huckleberries. Our waitress was very friendly and efficient and food arrived in record time.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 70flame70
Reviewed August 3, 2016

Stayed at the Brooks May/June . I had a nice clean and comfortable room . The food was nice and the Staff are the best by far . One Waitress ( Julie ) was fantastic. The owners where outstanding . I would recommend this hotel great value all round . I will be staying here again in 2017 . I would like to thank all at the Brooks Hotel for a fantastic stay ..

Stayed: May 2016
1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed June 21, 2016

Our room looked like there had been a fight to the death with cups of coffee, the mattress had cigar burns in it, and the a/c didn't work. Since we were only there to sleep at night and mountain bile all day it was a minor inconvenience. If you need cheap and don't mind a sleazy look- then this place is for you.

Stayed: September 2015
1  Thank Rob A
Reviewed June 7, 2016

I stayed at the Brook’s Hotel in Historic Wallace Idaho for a period of 4 days. The hotel itself has a diner, bar and beauty salon. I really enjoyed the experience. My room was very livable. I had a little refrigerator, a microwave and my bed was comfortable. The staff is extremely friendly. They are very knowledgeable about the history of the town. The diner has incredible food and the portions are very filling. I even had to take left overs to my room a couple of times. I did not visit the beauty salon but I did visit the bar. No need to drink and drive. That is a win, win. I would refer this hotel to everybody. It was a great experience for me.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank annetteb217
Reviewed January 11, 2016

Travelling through Northern Idaho in the Winter is always challenging and can be dangerous as well... That's why I was relieved to find the small Silver Mining town of Wallace, Idaho. Driving through the main street area I spied the Brooks Hotel and was immediately smitten by the curbside appeal. I loved the old school charm and look and saw that the building was on the National Registry of Historic Places. So, I entered and found the small glass-enclosed check-in desk where I received a hearty Hello from the four folks and two dogs that were present. Do not be put off by the dogs as they were real "sweeties" as were the longtime owners of this unique establishment. They let me take a pic of the one-of-a-kind map of the surrounding Silver Mining communities as well as the many pictures of this building dating back almost 100 years. I loved the room which had just enough comfort and plenty of character. The attached restaurant provided Prime Rib with horseradish side as well as a full-bodied Cabernet... Had a great night's sleep and woke up fresh and ready for another day of travel... Thank you to all of the Brooks staff for making this one of my favorite and most memorable night stays... Tichiganblues

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business