All reviews mini golf course tennis courts bring water shoes main floor has three bedroom guest house close proximity hiking trails washer and dryer glass of wine trampoline deck vernon bbq lake vrbo summer
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Be warned--LaCasa may not beable to honour your booking. LaCasa has just informed me, with only 3 weeks warning, that they will no longer be open the weekend in September. We are now scrambling to book a group of 20.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank adventurerseeker
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Just returned from a great trip to La Casa this last week. The cabin we rented thru vrbo. Couldn't have asked fro a better location. Full lake view only a short walk to the marina and swimming area. It was a ways up to the pool, but we enjoyed the exercise and for those that didn't, they drove up as there is plenty of space to park. Went to the "wing night" one night at the restaurant. All you can eat for 12.00. I found it great value as some of the teenage boys ate more than their share. The music from a local singer was very good.

The la casa resort is still developing but the owners of the cottages think they're in paradise and are very socialable. We met up with some old friends who happen to have bought our there, and made some new ones. Lots of activiities such as movie nights, yoga, aquacise, etc. Sure you have to pay extra for them, but don't you at most other places? Very nice fitness room and the pool area was clean and very pretty.

I think if you've done your homework, researched where the cabin is in the development, and are aware there is or can be alot of walking, you'll have a wonderful time.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank ronerick
Reviewed July 30, 2010

My husband and I have 2 youngs kids 6 and 4. We just came back from La Casa a few days ago and have gone for the last 3 summers. It has never failed to disappoint us. It seems that every year seems to get better and better. Each summer we have brought out friends and family who have also loved the resort. While yes, the resort is a little bit of a drive from Kelowna, once you are out there, we find very little reason to leave. If you stock up on groceries first, you should be good to go. Each year they seem to add more and more to the resort (movie theatre, cantina, bar, gym, 2nd pool is in the works) The service is fantastic, any problem we have ever encountered was dealt with in a very friendly manner. For allllll the many ammenities the resort offers, this has become a summer vacation spot that is now becoming tradition for us.
One last tidbit...last summer 2009 my son left behind his stuffed monkey. We didn't realize it until a few weeks later. When I called La Casa, they said they had the monkey and had been trying to get ahold of us. I asked for them to ship the monkey collect via Canada Post to us which they did - and they even ended up paying the postage!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank kinicotravelbug
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Parents traveling with a 3.5 yr old and 9 month old. After a 30 minute drive past the town of Vernon we arrived at La Casa. Beautiful 'cabins', in fact stunning with stunning balcony's that over looks the beautiful Okanagan Lake. But that's where it stops. When we arrived at the first cabin, it was lived in. We have to admit that the property manager was quick to resolve that issue and we were given a replacement within minutes. The new cabin had a great flat screen tv, but there was no cable (we were not advised...the notes said tv...we assumed cable was included). But we were not there for TV we wanted Okanagan sun, sand and water!!! Sun yes, sand... well...a platform with sand was buildt about 4-5 feet up from the rocky shore...hmmmm not what we were looking for. Water YES...across the highway (did I say HIGHWAY) was a pool! I had to cross it with my baby in the stroller and my toddler holding my hand. There was no crosswalk.

The resort itself is buildt on a majorly steep slope, so everything is accessed via steep switchbacks. With no sidewalks (although "everything is in walking distance".) All "amenities" have extra fee's that you must pay unless the owner has already...we were not told this. Also, luckly we stocked up with food because their grocery store was more like a "shop" at a campsite not a place you can pick up veggies and something for the bbq.

Our washing machine AND dishwasher didn't work. The A/C machine wasn't powerful enough to cool upstairs, where the bedrooms are. We stayed for one night and left. This was risky given how popular the Okanagan area is. But we couldn't imagine staying here with two small children for a week.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Curlyzz
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I was recently at LaCasa with my spouse and his daughter (age 9) and some friends and their two young children (ages 1 & 3). The cabins were very nice althought the air conditioning was extremely loud - especially in the room we stayed (the unit was in the closet). The weather was incredible and it was almost impossible to do anything but spend time on the beach. The beach at the resort was a little dissapointing though. It was OK for us and our 9 year old (there was a water trampoline and slide), but the rocky beach was no good for the younger children. Our friends ended up travelling over two hours a day back and forth to other sandy beaches in Vernon and Kelowna the resortt is about 45 minutes away from both cities). Their three year old got sick may times on the windy roads. There is also a pool which the 9 year old liked, but it was too deep for little ones without floatation devices.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends