1,107 results
All reviews mini golf golf course the cave bar outdoor pool frank lloyd wright breakfast buffet hot tub nice resort bit dated chicago area atrium shiraz octagon wedding meeting event il
Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

Loved it!! :) We will come back for more than 1 day.

For anyone who has not been here be for, its fancy! It's all updated, nice community, My family loved this hotel. You should not put any pitty on the staff, they did there best!

1  Thank Carl R
Reviewed August 24, 2018

This has been the absolute worse place I have EVER stayed!! The only reason they are getting one star, is because I can not go any lower. The lobby of a hotel says a lot, When we walked in, the first thing I noticed was the FILTHY, and I mean FILTHY carpet!!! Aged spots all over it. Clearly, this hotel has not been updated since being built. The furnishings in the room are antiquated, as well as the motif. There was pubic hair on the bak of the toilet seat, hair in the sink, and the tub was filthy. The bedding was dingy, there were tons of holes in the curtain, along with a big mud splat on the windows. The metal plate over the door lock was broken. Our view was equally as bad. Apparently, they once had a golf course, and a Putt-Putt type establishment. The grass has grown all over the place, and clearly no attempt is being made to maintain it. The hotel does not look ANYTHING like the picture on the website. The website states that they have a "Complimentary Upgraded breakfast." WHAT A JOKE!!!! If what they offer is 'Upgraded,' I can not imagine what they had before!! That breakfast was A J-O-K-E!! Some bagels, bread, yogurt, and cereal. The cereal wasn't;t even in the normal dispensers like most hotels have; rather, just dumped in a big, uncovered bowl. I overheard many of the guests commenting about the lack of breakfast items. It is obvious that no money is being spent for the upkeep of this hotel, and it is my opinion that they would do better just closing down. I would not allow my dog to stay in that facility!! The only reason I did not go to a different hotel, was that I was there for a family reunion. It was just horrible. The only good thing I can say is that the front desk staff were friendly and accommodating. There is NO WAY they should charge more than $50.00/night, as they are very comparable to Motel 6. TERRIBLE!!!

Room Tip: Any room in another hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank Natalie R
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

The hotel looks nothing like the photos that were taken 20 yrs ago I'm guessing.
Overall Extremely dirty and run down. Half the lights in the parking lot were out. The lobby was so disgusting we almost walked out. Large stains on carpet covered the hotel. The entire place smelled like mold. The AC in our room would not drop below 73 even though we set it to 65. Wasn't a cloud in the sky yet the cable network they use constantly went in and out making it impossible to watch TV. Bathtub caulking was covered in mold. The closet door wouldn't stay on track. The only reason I gave it 1 star was the front desk workers were wonderful. Other than that, horrible experience. Canceled our second nights stay and went somewhere else.

6  Thank Scott P
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Hotel lobby and halls are super dirty, dingy and stinky. Stains galore on the carpet. Elevators slow and dirty. Entire hotel needs a major updating. Kids were sad the mini golf was closed down as well. Def will not be staying again.

9  Thank Stacey P
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days. The staff was great, but the hotel and grounds are run down. The room was very nice and always kept clean and had a great view and the pool was big and had a great atmosphere. This building and property was amazing at one time, I hope they put the money into it to get it back up to date!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family