I think this hotel is so beautiful. When you pull up, it's like entering a castle. They have gorgeous antiques all throughout the main floor. A beautiful indoor water fountain and a very cozy and elegant seating area with a fire going. Marble counter tops, and lovely chandeliers. I'm a big fan of medieval things, so this hotel just sings with me.
Slept in a 2 queen bed non smoking room. Clean, each bed had 3 giant pillows, There are 2 sinks in the room. 1 in the actual bathroom, and 1 outside the bathroom. (This is a big plus to me, because I can't stand hotel rooms with just 1 sink outside the bathroom). A mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room, with some cable channels.
Beds were fairly comfortable and the heater worked a little too well.
A decent breakfast buffet was included with my stay. Eggs, french toast, sausage, potatoes, waffles, variety of baked goods, and a waitress that will bring you your drink. What was even better is you could take as much as you wanted with you to eat in your room. Everything but the sausage was very yummy.
They have an indoor pool and hot tub. The pool starts at 3 feet. This hotel is not really designed with small children in mind.
I did not give 5 stars though, for several reasons.
The restaurant was undergoing remodeling, and was closed. I don't have a problem with that specifically, but it was never mentioned, till trying to go down for a nice dinner. Even asked where the restaurant was and got pointed in the right direction, with no mention of it not serving dinner. No signs. You still go there for breakfast however. Went to the lounge instead, and was not impressed with the pizza and onions rings.
There is a run down feel to the place. Wobbly tables, fading floor, cracked glass. It's still a beautiful atmosphere, but does need some updating.
The elevator closed on me. This is my biggest complaint. I was trying to hold the elevator open, and it completely closed on me. Actually had to shove it back open. Very scary. The staff was apologetic, but did nothing else to make amends. Said they would hang up a sign.
The walls are paper thin. I could hear every door slam. Woke up my 2 year old several times through out the night. Heck it specifically woke me up twice, and I'm a heavy sleeper. People yelling at each other could be heard as well.
The phone line was weird. It was like using 2 lines at the exact same time. I called home, and while it was ringing, my voice mail picked up. It actually recorded the entire conversation I had with my husband. Did this every time I called someone. Whether it was the front desk, or an outside line.There are 2 phones in the room and both did this.
My final complaint is the auditoriums heat was broken. Felt like they had air conditioning going. Very cold. Got it semi working, but it never warmed up enough for me to be comfortable.
Despite these issues I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chateau Hotel and Conference Center, provides guest with a unique hotel experience, combining Old World elegance with modern standards of service and hospitality. At The Chateau, you can enjoy our full size swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna or game room. You can also take advantage of our fitness center, business center, free wi-fi and guest laundry. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are available in our newly opened Tony Roma's restaurant and Lounge. Our hotel is adjacent to Bloomington's Constitution Trail, ideal for running or biking. There are numerous restaurants and shopping within walking distance of the hotel. All parking is complimentary, and the parking lot can accommodate large vehicles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your The Chateau Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chateau Hotel Bloomington
- Jumers Chateau Bloomington
- Jumers Chateau Hotel Bloomington