“Tasty and healthy choices”
Review of Cafe Zupas

Cafe Zupas
Ranked #20 of 111 Restaurants in Buffalo Grove
Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

Zupas had a nice menu with some interesting choices. There were loads of healthy ingredients and choices which could be customized. We chose to do a Pick two combo. Unfortunately, the "bowl" choices were not able to be a part of the combo as it only came in the one size. Our sandwiches were very tasty. We got the pesto grilled cheese and the braised turkey. The salads were tasty. I was disappointed by the soup. I got the kale, quinoa, vegetable. It was tasty, except there was just too much broth. For that price, I expect the soup to be loaded with ingredients. I was surprised as the restaurant is named "Zupas".
The staff could not be more helpful and friendly.
We will definitely be coming back for the sandwiches and salads. When I want a good soup I will be going to "Zoup" in Glenview as they have the BEST soup.

Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

I'd been wanting to try Zupas after hearing good things about it from a friend. I had the Thai Peanut Coconut bowl. It was good, but the flavors were not as amazing as I had anticipated and I thought there should have been a little more tofu on it (and also a little more flavor to the tofu). Still, I appreciated that they offer a decent selection of vegetarian/vegan options and I really like the freshness of the ingredients. I would go back to try a few other things.

Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

I stumbled upon this gem when I needed a quick bite to eat. My mangoberry salad was delicious and I loved the chocolate covered strawberry that came on the side. All ingredients are clearly listed for each menu item so you know exactly what you’re ordering. I can’t wait to go back and try some of the other salads and soups.

1  Thank TravelingMamaGlv
Reviewed March 22, 2018

We thought this would be just another run of the mill soup and sandwich restaurant. It was not! Right away we were impressed by the cleanliness and appealing decor. Lots of soup choices and we were even offered samples before deciding. Sandwiches, soups, fruit drinks and desserts were excellent, next time we will try the salads. The staff members were extremely pleasant and helpful.

1  Thank RJZ18
Reviewed March 4, 2018

The soups vary in quality and taste. The salads are good overall. The sandwiches are a massive improvement over Subway and the other sandwich chains by far (although I still prefer Panera). The chocolate covered strawberry is a nice idea (given) but a waste because it's usually not ripe.

Personal comment: Everyone is entitled to practice their religious beliefs as they choose, however, don't open a fast food restaurant and be closed Sunday!