“Love Good Barbecue”

Chuck's Southern Comforts Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Chuck's Southern Comforts Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 58 Restaurants in Burbank
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 79th and Natchez
Transit: Pace bus stops in right in front of restaurant.
Description: Chuck's Southern Comforts Cafe is a family owned and operated business for 20 years. With 2 locations- Burbank and Darien...We specialize in slow smoked BBQ, Cajun/Creole and Southern Specialty Dishes. In addition, we are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We do carry out, delivery, caterings, banquets, private parties, on-site cookouts and so much more!
Reviewed December 15, 2015

Chuck's is always a pleasure to visit. Their pork and beef brisket entrees and sandwiches are delicious, and offered with a variety of sides. They also do very well on New Orleans-style cuisine, so if you go, jambalaya, po-boys and fish (salmon, catfish) dishes should also be on your agenda. Prices won't shock you, either, most items are a good value. They have plenty of brews both on tap and bottled. The Voodoo Lounge can be fun, too.

1  Thank Kenneth L

Reviewed December 2, 2015 via mobile

This is the type of place you would just drive by and not single twice. We have a coworker that stopped in for a burger a few months back and always wanted to go back. Soul the five of us met one night for ribs and barbecue. The food was outstanding. The beef brisket and ribs are outstanding, Service was friendly and fast, some of the guys drink beer and they have very many to choose from, I had a root beer float it was good to. That night there was some type of painting class in one of the rooms very unlikely you would find this at some barbecue restaurant. LOL, next time I am in the Chicago area we will stop by again for more barbecue, so if you are in the area stop by chucks you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed November 27, 2015 via mobile

North of I80. Luckily, this is close and we are able to go whenever we want. I have never been disappointed when we eat there. Today, I had the rib tips, with a side of mashed potatoes, and gumbo! The tips were melt in your mouth delicious. The gumbo was awesome and I always get it. It packs a little heat but not too much. The mashed potatoes were memorable as well. I'm pretty sensitive to spicy, and this gumbo is doable. My mom had one of the specials, mahi mahi and loved it. And my friend had the brisket and she loved it too. They have a pretty decent kids menu, my daughter picked the kids ribs and was very happy they weren't spicy. No room for dessert although they look awesome. Unfortunately, I never have room for dessert. Too much good entrees and generous portions. I always have food to take home and today was no different. Mike was our server and he was efficient and fun! Great experience and worth the trip wherever you are coming from.

1  Thank Maria K
Reviewed November 22, 2015

I've been here many times, most of the time the food is excellent and the service is good. My past go to dish was the seafood Gumbo, excellent every time I've ordered it, they also have 120 craft brews, something else I'm interested in.I ordered Jambalaya once, it left me wondering what happened to the excellent Jambalaya I've had in the past. Sorry I don't remember which Jambalaya it was, they have a few varieties. On last nights visit I ordered the Etouffee (no chicken or seafood added, they are options. When it arrived I saw a very large plate with Green beans in on end, a T-shape of Rice and Etouffee in the 2 remaining areas. As I normally do, I ate the beans first, very good, finished them. I then took a forkful of the Etouffee, I felt like I was in in Heaven, I proceeded the finish the plate, enjoying every bite immensely.

1  Thank John P
Reviewed November 21, 2015

This was a great family eatery. I was driving around town and decided to try a locale on my Food Network App. Triple D and Guy were right about this place. All I can say is go. And for dessert the peach cobbler is a trip to Nirvana.

2  Thank scorsine