“OK food, reasonable price ”

The Blacksmiths Arms
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Halland
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Traditional English pub food. Homemade, vegetarian and vegan options
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This pub is on the A22 by the roundabout, quite small, in need of some redecoration. Pretty standard pub fare, burger, steak, macaroni cheese, curry, a few starters and desserts. There are no vegetables as side dishes on offer although my main course came with some salad. The prices are reasonable. This was early evening on a Wednesday so it was very quiet. Fine for a quick bite to eat but not a gastropub by any means.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

The pub itself is lovely. What you would expect from a country pub with a nice fire. Popped in for lunch on a Tuesday. A rather scruffy, drunk man was stumbling around the pub slurring his words claiming to be the chef. To my horror the bar maid confirmed he was the chef. When I pointed out he was drunk she pointed to the one customer in the pub and said 'but he cooked his food really nice' We didn't stay for our drinks. Or lunch. Been here before and the food was lovely. I assume the pub has changed hands. So unless you are happy having a drunk cook your lunch I'd avoid. Won't be going again.

Blacklion H, Owner at The Blacksmiths Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Dear Rob, My wife & I have owned this establishment for 9 years now, as I am 70 yrs old now, I am trying to take a step backwards.
The Chef you encountered, had only started work with us on Monday of this week.
On interview & for the first couple of days, all was fine, he certainly could cook to a high standard.
Unfortunately, things quickly showed the man in a very different light, & sadly drink was not the problem.
As owners of the business, we insist on all staff behaving in a manner that is acceptable to the lovely people, who come here as customers.
We will continue here for many more years, we will strive to keep the Blacksmiths Arms as a nice Country Pub and if you ( Rob ) wishes to identify your self to us, we will offer a complimentary lunch or dinner when you next visit.
We are grateful for your comments, but we already on the case!

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Nice friendly pub with clean comfortable rooms. Bed was very comfortable. Good value and would recommend to all.

Blacklion H, Manager at The Blacksmiths Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thank you very much for your kind comments and recommendation about the Blacksmiths Arms, we do our best as they say and always glad when someone says something good!

Blacksmiths Arms, Halland

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Great evening meal with healthy portions. Nice choice of beers too. Bar manager and his wife were very friendly. We stayed overnight and had a decent full fry to set us on our way.

We are always glad when someone enjoys their stay with us and glowing reference to our food and drink. We do hope you join us again next time you are in the area and looking for a good fry up!

Best wishes

Blacksmiths Arms, Halland

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Disgusting management. They failed to cancel my booking due an error on their account and then refused to refund me. Don't stay here!!

2  Thank Derek L
nig9, Owner at The Blacksmiths Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Dear Derek, I do need to put the record straight.
You were told all of this by my staff, but you still have proceded to attempt to defame my business.
To repeat what you were told, as you booked through Expedia, we are not able to amend the booking in any way.
You MUST change or cancel your booking through Expedia, the agency who both took the booking & are holding your money. We are only paid on the 20th of the month following your booking
I repeat that this is what you were told, the Blacksmiths Arms are unable to change your booking in any way
I ask you to have the decency to delete your erroneous comment
Regards