“Sushi. Enough said.”

Yamato Steak House of Japan
Ranked #23 of 131 Restaurants in Carbondale
Reviewed October 3, 2018

Yamato is a newer spot in Carbondale. I must have driven past it 100 times before I realized it was even there. So much wasted time, because this is now my favorite sit-down restaurant in Carbondale.

I'm going to start with the atmosphere. I think the building used to be a bar of some sort, because the lights look a bit like a club. It's charming, and an interesting contrast to this quiet little restaurant. I don't think this place has been "discovered" just yet. It's typically quiet, which I personally enjoy, but makes me worry about the future of this delicious spot.

The owners/staff are friendly and helpful. Great people.

The best part, however, is the food! The sushi is fantastic. I've also had the tempura vegetable bento box. It's a lot of food. Be prepared for leftovers. The sauces are good, and the rice is flavorful.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Phenomenal!!! Everything, from the spring rolls to the miso soup to the hibachi was perfection. And the dinners had huge portions. A must if you love or want to love Japanese cuisine.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

Salmon and shrimp, shrimp and scallops and a vegetable Bento box were the three entre's. All were outstanding. The salad and soup were excellent.. We'll be back.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

We shared Bento boxes, Yamato Roll, Pork Dumplings, Chicken Tempura and Lobster Rangoon. All was fantastic!! Large servings, as well as soup and salad. Can't wait to go back!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

I had a spicy California, a Philadelphia, and some yellow tail sushimi. It was all excellent! I would recommend.

Date of visit: March 2018