“Delicious lunch of real Filipino favorites!”

Hong Ning Filipino Restaurant and Grill
Ranked #18 of 95 Restaurants in Carol Stream
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for Sunday lunch of some real Filipino food at this wonderful restaurant in the Chicago suburbs. The menu was extensive and full of authentic dishes. I had a shrimp and jackfruit dish in seasoned coconut milk, so tasty! My wife had grilled pork belly with a wonderful sauce. We split a dishes egg noodles and beef in a wonderful sauce. Sipping on calamansi and boku drinks, and enjoying the ambience of a dining room full of Filipino locals. My wife really enjoyed the experience, she said It felt just like back home.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

Went here with the family and it was around 10 miles from Shaumburg. I think theyre the closest Filipino resto sonwe didnt mind the drive. They have the best Filipino dishes. We loved their bangus sinigang, chicken skewers, karekare, adobo. Stack up on the rice cause the food is quite tasty.
Servings were big and food was so filling!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 15, 2018

Our favorite place when we visit family in the Chicago area. My son lives just around the corner from here, so we make a beeline for it whenever we're at his house. We essentially order and share. Everybody gets a taste of everyone else's stuff. The lumpia are crisp and flavorful, so we usually wind up ordering a couple plates of them. Everything is fresh and the service is augmented by pleasant waitstaff. At the back of a bland strip mall, it could be overlooked but the atmosphere is down to earth with tables and benches.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed August 6, 2017

First up, they have no liquor license nor is it BYOB, so if you like a glass of wine with dinner or maybe a cocktail- be warned.
But the food is delicious, and the real deal. The portions are huge and meant to share.
The atmosphere is family friendly and vibrant, the service if efficient- but not really friendly. When we asked questions- the server seemed surprised. Hmmm
All in all very good, and we will return

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

After eating one of the best tasting Filipino cuisine in a long while, I commented to my family that only a restaurant in Vancouver BC Canada called PinPin came up close in flavor and quality. Then, we met the owner whose sister used to own Hong Ning and now runs PinPin in Canada! Here lies the reason for why this place is so MASARAP (delicious). Sure there's Seafood City but this is more "cafeteria" style cuisine or Jolibee which is far from freshly made. Both good but if I am to introduce my American friends to true Pinoy food, this is the place. Everything in the menu will remind you of Lola's homestyle cooking and will bring tears to your eyes. The only negative is I wish they played Pinoy music for the full ambience.
You will keep coming back until you've tasted all specialties in the menu. Btw they also have the Kamayan grilled meat and fish basket special. The halo-halo is refreshingly sumptuous. You will leave BUSOG na BUSOG.

Date of visit: July 2017