“Quirky Pub”

Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed May 7, 2016

I found this place haphazardly after wandering around Downtown. I can’t comment on the bar, as I went straight to the grill in the back. The menu is very simple – breakfast foods and burgers and fries. I had a double cheeseburger with fries. Everything was cooked to order in just a few minutes and still steaming hot when I received it. The food was good and inexpensive and both the cook and cashier were awesome. They were friendly, helpful, and genuinely nice. They ensured that I really enjoyed dining with them. If you’re in the area, give this place to try.

Reviewed January 18, 2016

Certainly a landmark in Chicago. Great cheezborgers (not misspelled). Fun place to visit, great food, great atmosphere. Ordering and getting your food is all part of the experience! Really a fun experience. A must stop while in the Chicago area! Are the Cubs ever going to let that goat in? The Cubs have been cursed for years. I say "Let the goat in!"

Reviewed October 16, 2015 via mobile

The Billy Goat is a cool little hole in the wall burger dive. Burgers were basic and very good. It's run very efficiently, getting quite a bit of people in and out quickly. If you're looking for a quick bite to eat and are on Michigan Ave, definitely stop in!

Reviewed July 10, 2015 via mobile

Uncomplicated yet delicious burgers. This is the perfect place to go if you want food to fill you up and a truly unique Chicago experience.

Reviewed May 27, 2015 via mobile

Took us awhile to find the place, just going by the address. When we finally figured out that we had to go down, we were a little creeped out by the area, but when we got in, we had a good time. The food wasn't anything incredible, but ordering and interacting with the employees was a hoot.