“Location ideal, family friendly”

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Ranked #60 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 6 April 2012

You can't beat the location with the Metra stop outside the front door. Use public transportation. It's easy and locals are friendly. If you are comfortable walking, Michigan Avenue is close and it's a nice walk up the ave. We hopped on the bus to the Adler Planetarium, the Shedd Aquarium and Field Museum from Michigan Avenue, on another day took the Metra to a few blocks near The Sears (Willis) tower went to see the Sky Deck and picked up the bus across the street from it back to Michigan avenue.
Another bonus: a lot of restaurant options within walking distance too many to mention but we enjoyed Maggianos they have a kids menu and our daughter who is picky loves it.
Final location plus: a grocery across the street. This was fantastic for us, since we don't mind picking up a few items/ snacks to eat in the room including fresh fruit. The rooms have a mini fridge and a microwave. I cranked the temp to max and I filled the ice bucket and put it in there thinking the fridge wouldnt keep anything cold. After 36 hours the ice hadn't melted, in fact our soda had ice crystals in it. A great first for me!!!
Service was great, always accommodated our needs.
One thing: I will say I'm picky about hotel bathrooms, and this one could have been cleaner, most folks would have been ok with it. And I find more hotels these days must not vaccum every time. We found some pharmaceutical on the floor. Ick.
Pool was small and crowded with kids. Over-chlorinated for me. But our daughter enjoyed it fir the most part.
Stay here for the location and the room features. For $135 AAA rate we thought it was slightly above average. Remember you are paying for location.

• Stayed: April 2012
HGI_Chicago, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear lindainmadison:

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile. In the hospitality industry, feedback is critical to our success. We pay close attention to the comments on Trip Advisor. We value your patronage and hope that you will make another reservation in the very near future.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights before my move from Dubai to Chicago. It was the perfect place for my last two nights of living in Chicago. The location is fantastic...right next to the Grand stop on the Red Line, and just a couple of blocks from Michigan Ave. There are so many great restaurants surounding the hotel, including the Webber Grill, which is attached to the hotel.

Our room was very spacious and comfortable. Lots of great channels on the television, a coffeemaker, and a good hairdryer. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful, especially with the 7 pieces of luggage we brought for my big flight/move to Dubai.

So, if you want a stellar downtown location and great Hilton quality and service, book this hotel. We were SOOO pleased!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
HGI_Chicago, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Dear ChiGirl78:

Welcome to our fine city of Chicago. You will enjoy it so much. I am delighted that you choose the Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile for interim accommodations. Your comments were of great value to the hotel because we have high quality of standards in meeting each guest’s expectations. I will share your feedback with each associate.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Without a doubt the friendliest hotel in the area. The staff was knowledgeable and courteous - very willing to make us feel at home. From the front desk to housekeeping, we received good service with a smile.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
HGI_Chicago, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear CARNAGIRL:

The first thing I did this morning when I reviewed your comments, was to share with them all the departments and associates throughout the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Chicago/Magnificent Mile. To say that we are the friendliest hotel is one of the greatest privileges we can receive in the hospitality business. I hope you will return again soon. Thank you for being a valued guest.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Nice hotel, friendly staff. Parking at the hotel is a little pricey considering practically all your shopping is within walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear IkeE:

Thank you for taking time to provide reviewers on Trip Advisor, your comments regarding the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Chicago, Magnificent Mile. I know that others will benefit from your comments and feel confident we share the feedback on Trip Advisor as a training tool for all associates throughout our hotel We value your business.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Great hotel and great location! This hotel is a nice, reasonably priced hotel in a great location. It is everything you would expect from a Hilton Brand, decent and comfortable rooms. Nothing extrodinary but very comfortable (our room 2009). The staff was very accomodating and friendly. The indoor pool area (12th floor) is very small but nice to relax in after a long day of walking. We did have issue with the jacuzzi temp being WAY too high for humans. Told the staff and the problem was rectified by the next day. Best thing about this hotel is that it is steps away from the Grand stop on the Red line subway and many of the buses stop very near. So after a long day of walking if you are relying on the CTA for transportation this hotel is EXCELLENT as a location. We did eat dinner at the Weber Grill...very good food and the prices not bad for being in the city. Great hotel for couples, girls/guys weekend, close to public transporation. Families may want something more for little kids....

Room Tip: Great location close to public transportation!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
HGI_Chicago, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear Duchess050664:

Thank you for visiting the Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile. I am please that you had the opportunity to engage with our staff and enjoy the features and benefits of our hotel.

We do share the comments on Trip Advisors with our “heart of the house” associates that make it happen every day. I hope we will have the privilege of accommodating you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

We spent one night at the Hilton Garden Inn and were very happy with the accommodations. The staff at the front desk were pleasant,attentive and knowledgeable about the area. There is a restaurant in the hotel-The Weber Grill-we only had appetizers, which were good. The restaurant was very busy-both with guests from the hotel and walk-ins. The hotel is in the middle of everything-tons of restaurants and bars within walking distance- Shaws for seafood, Pizzeria Due, Portillo's (burgers, hot dogs, Italian Beef and Pasta), typical places like Rainforest Cafe and Hard Rock, plus the excitement of Michigan Avenue. There is a Star Buck's in the hotel as well. The rooms were very clean and we had a great view of the city. We were very happy with our stay, and will return for a weekend get away again.

Room Tip: I like the corner, end of the hall rooms- and do choose a high floor-
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Shinergirl911:

Thank you for your recent visit at the Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile. This is a great city to visit and we work hard to make sure each guest has a memorable experience. Others benefit from your feedback on Trip Advisor so I appreciate you taking time to tell us what you think.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I have been a business traveler for many years. Travel has slowed down a little as I get older so I'm not sure if this is a new policy or not but I was amazed that this hotel has no cancellation policy, Once you make a reservation that's it. No cancellations. You lose your money. I tried cancelling my reservation a few days in advance of my reserved day and was told there would be no refund. Money lost...gone.

Well I will never reserve a room at this Hilton hotel again or any other Hilton hotel if that's what their cancellation and Refund Policy is all about.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Gary K

Dear Gary K:

I appreciate you letting me know about your recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile. There are a number of distribution channels that a valued guest can make a reservation at our hotel. (Some refundable with notice, others non refundable) I would like to know more about how you made your reservation so I can possibility assist with you. Please contact me at the main number of the hotel at 312 595-0000 so I may check into a possible solution.