“I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and this is always a pleasure that I anticipate.”

The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago
Ranked #46 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This is like a home away from home. I frequently see the same people from one stay to another and over the years we have a lot of shared memories. It is, fortunately, very close to where I need to work when I am in Chicago and there are so many other things to do within a short distance that it serves as a great starting point.

Room Tip: lower numbers, I like 2006 or similar locations
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
TomSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review! We sincerely appreciate and value your feedback in our continual pursuit to enhance the total guest experience.

We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to The Ritz-Carlton Chicago soon!

Tom Segesta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This was my first visit to this property and WOW was I impressed with the customized, warm and friendly customer service from check-in to check-out. The staff anticipated my needs and offered options for room choices at check-in. I chose a lake view on a high floor and was a bit disappointed in the significantly obstructed view with buildings but the room was lovely and a SUPER comfy bed and down comforter. Hotel is attached to Water Tower shopping and super convenient. I do not have children but they have amazing tours and packages for children from American girl doll events (lots), creative kids menus, games and even baking cookies with the staff in the kitchen. Age appropriate gifts and surprises are scattered in the room for kids as well. The restaurant was excellent with fare prices. Excellent location with expensive parking as usual in the city. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a high floor and pass on lake views unless booking a suite which have awesome lake views.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Chicago
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We just returned from a fantastic evening at the Ritz to celebrate my mom's 70th. Overall, our stay was flawless. Service was just what I would expect at the Ritz. Front desk clerks were on the ball. The restaurant was tasty. Valet was on time and friendly. And we enjoyed perks like an upgrade and food credit b/c we booked through Amex. The location can't be beat. I have deducted a star only for the outdated bathrooms and minibar/fridge area. Our bathroom in a junior suite had an old tub with mildew, an old low-flow toilet that you felt like you were going to fall off of, and only one sink on a very long vanity, and bathroom fixtures were from the '70s. The Park Hyatt's bathrooms are much more impressive than the Ritz. That said, we had a wonderful corner room with spectacular views and great service. I will definitely try one the rival luxury hotels next time although I do recommend the Ritz.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This just didn't live up to my last Ritz stay. The service was not friendly or out-going. My last stay involved the hotel employees anticipating what I may need and responding with "it would be my pleasure" to any request I made. This Ritz just didn't seem to have the customer at heart. Too bad as I was looking forward to the care. The accommodations however were perfect as usual.

1 Thank Apieissweet
TomSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm very sorry to hear your stay did not live up to expectations. I apologize the service you experienced was not as welcoming as you should have received. Please be assured I have followed up with the appropriate employees regarding your concerns.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback, as it helps us learn where we can improve. We would be happy to welcome you back to our hotel. Please contact me directly for any future reservations at thomas.segesta@fourseasons.com.

Best,
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Probably our 7th visit to the Ritz at Water Tower Place.... seeing the same faces at the door and desk year after year is a rare and comforting thing in these days. For any travel reason-business, honeymoon, family vacation, group needs... this should be THE place. Attachment to Water Tower complex is a real plus and its location places it within convenient distance to almost everything Chicago.

Room Tip: Lake view is still our favorite. Have never experienced any noise problems on any floor.
1 Thank 610Joyce610

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I had the most incredible stay at The Ritz-Carlton Chicago, A Four Seasons Hotel. The service is unrivaled and the hotel itself is gorgeous. Wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Lakeview executive suite has the best view!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
TomSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago, responded to this review, 24 April 2014

Davis, CA
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This was my first time staying at the Ritz owned by Four Seasons. I had booked a dinner meeting here for our customers who were in town for a convention. The food and service was excellent. Every course was delivered perfectly for 56 people. The Sea Bass was cooked just right. Amazing when serving 56 people. So if you have to have a meeting, this hotel was fantastic. I order their standard king room and I stayed 7 days. They gave me a room that face The Lake with huge windows. The room was extremely comfortable with large double sinks, plenty of counter space and a large tub.

The king bed was very comfortable with very soft linens and a feather Duvet. I ordered room service every morning and they told me the exact time they would deliver and they never missed. I like a double expresso with steamed milk on the side which is hard for most hotels to deliver correctly and still hot. They never missed a beat. Loved it.

Got a massage and accidently dropped my new iPhone in the toilet. They immediately got rice for me to put my phone in to try to dry it out. This happened just before my massage and I was a but tense to begin my massage but I relaxed as the therapist was great. Will allows stay at the hotel when in Chicago! A bonus- shopping is connect to the hotel. The Apple store and AT&T store just a couple of blocks away. Mathis hotel is quiet but a block from Michigan Ave.

Room Tip: All floors were above the 12th floor. I do not think there is a noisy room at all. Very quiet hote...