All reviews the club lounge candy cart water tower place nespresso machine floor lobby two sinks star hotel beautiful hotel pleasure of staying turn down service the john hancock building great weekend fitness center hotel lobby the entire staff common areas four seasons
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend stay. Five issues stood out for me:
1. Accommodation was excellent, luxurious, spacious, beautiful linen

2. Gym - always important for a good trip. Their gym is well kitted and spacious

3. Breakfast - fantastic menu, good service

4. Location - great location near high end shops and tourist attractions

5. Service - attentive, extra mile stuff eg when I had a parcel delivered to the hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Rex S
Kathryn H, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Dear Rex S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us as well as your kind words regarding the 5 highlighted items that you really enjoyed about our property!

We are so glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago again soon!

Reviewed May 29, 2018

Unbeatable location. Close to Miracle Mile, Oak Street Beach, Hancock Tower and many great restaurants. We really enjoyed our 2-bedroom apartment with a view of Navy Pier (view of the Saturday firework was awesome; the kids love it). The staff also sent a chocolate cake to our room for my daughter's birthday (we greatly appreciate it). My wife also enjoyed the facial and head & neck message she received at the spa; she's now thinking about coming here regularly. Lastly, I can thank enough to the entire staff (Pierre, Isabella, Brittney and the entire team) of the Ritz Club Lounge. Everyone was friendly, approachable and catered to what asked for. The food and drinks were of high quality. We love all of our meals at the lounge. Next time, you're visiting Chicago, I highly recommend the Ritz Carlton as the place to stay. You and your family will have a blast.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Southeast will give you a great view of Navy Pier. During the summer, there are fireworks on Wed and Sat nights.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank rickps
Kathryn H, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2018

Dear rickps,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent staycation with us on TripAdvisor!

We are so glad you and your family enjoyed your experience with us as well as your daughter's birthday at our property. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team, especially Pierre, Isabella and Brittney. Please be assured I have shared your feedback with our team!

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2018

Great place and service and food. BUT I have visited tens of Ritz Carlton hotels in the US and around the world and in each there was live music every day, definitely on weekends. At times in some Ritz hotels there were various music players in different restaurants or bars in the same hotel.
The Ritz in Chicago had at least a small band on Friday and Saturday and was canceled under the new management. It should be restored. Not all services in an establishment have to make money...although more people will come if there is music....We had to go to the Drake for music. Also the bathrooms had no real towels in this 5 star hotels , this Chicago Ritz have paper towel ,that is not 5 stars service!!! Finally the restaurant had good food but casual look for dinner. Where is the table cover with white linen....try any restaurant in the area from Gibsons to Carmine they have a starched table linen all around... Let us be 5 stars all the way. Finally every hotel has a breakfast buffet large or small non of that is at the Ritz in Chicago not even on Sundays. Let us hope things will change in this newly nice hotel.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank terry m
Kathryn H, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

Dear terry m,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor. While I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our food and service in our newly revitalized Torali Restaurant and Bar, I am disappointed to hear that we did not deliver on the type of service you have come to expect with The Ritz-Carlton brand.

I truly appreciate your detail and sharing your feedback with us, please know I have forwarded your experience with us to our appropriate departments to ensure the proper improvements are made.

If you would like to discuss your recent experience with us in further detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you and wishing you a wonderful week.

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I used to stay here a lot before we moved west. We were visiting our children over the weekend and decided to stay at the Ritz. We hadn’t seen the “ New Look” in the main area of the hotel. I have to say I enjoyed the older style but the hotel is much more contemporary and feels very alive. The Resturant food and service is excellent. There is a broad creative menu for breakfast. The bar is comfortable and has good bar snacks. There is an outside area but it wasn’t open yet. Our room was comfortable and the services very good. Glad we stayed here again .

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve M

Dear Steve M,

Thank you so much for sharing you and your wife's recent experience with us on TripAdvisor! We are so glad that you chose to stay with us and felt the new look was contemporary and lively.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been lucky enough to stay at most of the top hotels in Chicago- The Ritz is my favorite. The location is what puts it over the top. Your close to everything. The staff is what you would expect. They are flow less. The rooms are well appointed and plush. The bar is lively in the afternoon.

Stayed: May 2018
2  Thank DKS44

Dear DKS44,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your experience with The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago. We truly appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back for many years to come!