“Fun, interesting and informative Segway Tour!”

Steve's Segway Tours
Ranked #30 of 184 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: The most educational AND the most fun tour of Chicago! Our extremely knowlegeable and fun guides instruct you on how to properly operate your own personal Segway or Trikke, making sure that you are comfortable and confident in no time! Explore Grant Park, Millennium Park, the lakefront, Buckingham Fountain, and Museum Campus. We'll discuss Chicago history, architecture and interesting facts at various stops. We have Trikke rentals available as well! Please see our website for much, much more information.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I had the most wonderful Segway tour experience on a recent trip to Chicago. Steve's Segway Tours is centrally located just outside Millennium Park. The entire staff at Steve's were helpful, informative and most importantly fun! Freddy guided us through many of the attractions providing unusual and interesting facts about Chicago with enthusiasm and deep appreciation for his home town. We couldn't have asked for a better tour guide!

Don't forget your camera and comfortable shoes because you'll be standing for hours on the Segway, and save room to enjoy a traditional Chicago dog during the tour.

4  Thank Bettina M
april m, General Manager at Steve's Segway Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

We appreciate your kind words! I am so happy you loved your experience with Steve's Segway Tours. We always strive to make it a great one. I'm glad you loved Freddy. He is one of the best people in the world, not to mention, one of the best tour guides and we are very grateful to have him. Please spread the word and let everyone know what the most fun tour in Chicago is... Steve's!

Reviewed 18 October 2011

What a great day out! I was a little apprehensive at first about riding a segway but you pick it up in just a few minutes. The staff were so friendly and informative and Freddy our guide was a great laugh. He also knew lots of amusing and interesting facts about Chicago.You really cover so much in 3 hours on a segway and you don't want to get off it at the end! I would recommend this to anyone that wants to learn about the city whilst having fun at the same time. We saw other Segway companies touring but the groups were massive (some as large as 17 people!). Steve's Segway tours never has groups larger than 9 which makes it more intimate. They also take you to do fun things that the other companies don't but I can't say what because that would ruin the surprise! Let's just say it was hilarious!

5  Thank amymclauchlan197

Thank you so much for your post! We greatly appreciate it. We are so happy that you enjoyed your experience with us. Hope you will come back and see Chicago and ride with us again!

Reviewed 5 October 2011

My fiancee and I wanted to do something fun and nontraditional on our wedding day. We had a small ceremony at Millennium Park in the morning and then we headed over to Steve's Segway. We walked into the office, Chris in his tux and me in my wedding dress and they all squealed with delight to find out we got married that morning! Our guide was Freddy, he was very concerned that our helmets matched so that we could get some killer pictures from our adventure with him. He took my camera and everywhere we went, he had us pose for pictures, made us laugh and gave us a little history about the places we were visiting. I can't say enough about what an incredible experience it was and how professional and fun Freddy was throughout the adventure! I grew up around Chicago, and I had never seen it via Segway, it gave me a newer and zoomier perspective of my favorite city on earth. Thank you Steve's Segway!

5  Thank KatieW620
Reviewed 4 October 2011

This was my second time to enjoy Steve's Segway Tours. First time was in July 2010, then in Sept 2011. Both had their advantages. The weather was better on the first, the lack of a crowd on the second was fantastic. Freddy was our tour guide and because our group was small, we got to adapt the tour to our interests and to avoid the Bears' game crowd. He was flexible, accommodating, incredibly knowledgeable, and fun to ride with. So, not only do you get to see Chicago and learn a lot, but you get to have a blast doing it. Segways are too much fun. I'll do it again in a beat.

6  Thank NeverHomeInLA

Thank you so much! We really appreciate your awesome post! I will pass this on to our wonderful guide, Freddy.

Reviewed 28 September 2011

This was my present to my BFF from 7th grade. It was an experience I will always remember, just like the "Ice Cream Bike"! We laughed the whole 3 hour tour. OMG! I cannot forget our guide Freddy he is simply put, FANTASTIC! So knowledgeable of the City of Chicago. We LOVE YOU FREDDY!
From,
Patty, Ricky and April (from WI) Muhh!

5  Thank April A

Thanks so much Patty, Ricky and April! Freddy said you guys were the best. Glad you had a blast! Please spread the word!

Been to Steve's Segway Tours? Share your experiences!