“something missing”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bonita Springs, Florida
“something missing”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We stayed here for a two night get-away in Chicago before heading to a wedding in Wisconsin. The room was clean the staff was friendly the bed was comfortable. The location was walkable to most of the things we wanted to try to fit in within two days. The whole thing was "all right". Can't really figure it out but something was missing? If you want a place that makes you feel special you might want to look for some place else in Chicago's downtown -- I know I will.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago. Your feedback is important to us in order to ensure that we maintain high quality service and accommodations for our guests. We apologize if you felt something was missing from your experience at our hotel. Our staff at the Wyndham Blake Chicago strives to meet the needs of our travelers and we are sorry if we were unable to live up to your expectations. I have passed along your comments to our General Manager, Tom Bruno. We would appreciate it if you would contact him at (312) 986-1234 so that we can address your issues in further detail. We value your business and hope you will consider giving us another chance to show you the best we have to offer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Turkish first
nj
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Very nice hotel. The hotel was fully booked, however we would have thougth we were the only ones there bc we didn't hear a peep of noise from anyone, and my husband and I slept like babies. The staff is friendly and accomodating, and the doorman Greg (Showtime) was very helpful. He gave us coupons to attractions, asked where we were going and suggested restaurants, provided economical town cars, and one night walked us to a jazz club after his shift was over bc he didnt want us to get lost. I can't remember the last time I was treated so well. The hotel was close to everything, and we walked to shopping, museums, Sears tower, etc.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rapunzel2Nj
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Thank you for sharing your excellent review of the Wyndham Blake Chicago! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I have passed your comments along to Showtime and he was thrilled that he was a highlight of your memorable stay with us. Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your next stay with us in the near future!
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This hotel was a great value in an excellent location. Walkable to everything. Rooms were nice, beds comfortable, staff really friendly. The only thing I would say could really improve is the water pressure in the shower. Other than that, loved it! But the bathroom was spacious and very clean. I will be back.

Room Tip: I read some complaints about noise ... well, you're in a large city ... noise is bound to happen...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your review of the Wyndham Blake Chicago. I am pleased to hear that our staff and accommodations made your stay at our hotel memorable. Your feedback is important to us in order to ensure that we maintain high quality service and accommodations for our guests. I have passed your comments in regards to the water pressure along to engineering and you will be happy to hear that we are in the process of adjusting those issues. Again, we value your feedback and look forward to your next visit!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We've stayed at the Blake for years during business trips to Chicago. Since the Wyndham takeover, it's lost a step (or more).

The South Loop location is still great and the downstairs restaurant has been the best in the neighborhood for years. The doorman recognizes me every time. However, little things just aren't the same.

Only one bedside lamp (for a king bed) and inability to provide another. The shampoo quality has fallen. In-room coffee isn't up to par. Just little things, perhaps, but the "boutique hotel" is gone. It's a Wyndham.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Son_of_the_Midwest
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago. Your feedback is important to us in order to ensure that we maintain high quality service and accommodations for our guests. We do try to meet the needs of our travelers and we are sorry if we were unable to live up to your standards. I have passed along your comments to our General Manager, Tom Bruno. We would appreciate it if you would contact him at (312) 986-1234 so that we can address your issues in further detail. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to your return to the Wyndham Blake Chicago. I hope you'll consider giving us another chance to show you the best we have to offer.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 26 May 2012

very nice rooms in a decent neighborhood- not too close to attractions, though

Room Tip: try to stay in one of the larger rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank atennismom
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago. We are pleased to hear that you had an excellent stay at our hotel! The Wyndham Blake Chicago is conveniently located within walking distance to Willis (formerly Sears) Tower, Grant Park, the shopping on State Street, The Art Institute of Chicago, and much more! We are also within close proximity to bus stops and CTA lines to take you to other attractions throughout the city. On your next trip, be sure to ask our doormen and front desk agents for suggestions on the best way to get to attractions. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next stay with us in Chicago!
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 19 May 2012

This is nice boutique type hotel - very friendly staff and comfortable beds. There is also free internet and a business center. I just would not recommend staying at the hotel if you want to stay right near the shops and restaurants of Michigan Avenue. It is a bit of a hike - not too bad though if you have your walking shoes. If you have business right in the area, it is a great place to stay. In my book, a couple things could have been better. I returned to the hotel at about 3:00 to claim my bag which was held by the concierge. I asked for a room to change in, and was directed to the handicapped stall in the men's room. Okay, it would have been nice to have a room for 10 minutes to change in (instead of letting my tie nearly fall into the toilet) but I can understand that. Also, on my way out, I asked for a bottle of water. There are bottles of water provided in the room at check in. However, neither the bartender nor the front desk had any bottles of water. I would have even purchased the water. Although they were extremely nice, I was directed to the 7-11. I just cannot believe a hotel of this caliber would not have a bottle of water for a guest. 7-11? Come on. TD.

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago. Your feedback is important to us in order to ensure that we maintain high quality service and accommodations for our guests. While we may be a bit south of the Magnificent Mile, the shopping on State Street is great and is expanding rapidly and there are numerous restaurants in the loop area! I apologize for the inconvenience with the front desk. Unfortunately, once a room is checked out, we begin preparing it for another visitor’s arrival but the hotel does offer a late check-out when available. We do not stock water at the front desk as we do not have a refrigerator in that area. However, we will certainly look into providing this in the future. We appreciate your business and hope you will consider giving us another chance to show you the best we have to offer.