“After a few years I was back”

Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
Ranked #4 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 6 February 2012

The service is impeccable. The location is fantastic. they were doing some renovations and also the way they do it is spotless! Amazing. The rooms start to be a little "dated" but they are large and nice.
The first night the wind was so strong that the building was creaking. They offered me a device to cover the noise with relaxing sounds or earplugs. I went for the traditional earplugs.
I love four seasons. I love this property.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,125)

Reviewed 6 February 2012

This was my first time staying at the Chicago four seasons, and it was wonderful!! The newely renovated hotel is absolutely stunning. Our hotel room had a wonderful view of the city, and was very clean. The location was awesome too. We also enjoyed room service, and breakfast in the restaurant, and both were delicious. Staff was professional and attentive. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2012

This is one of my favorite hotels & it was great to be back. As with all of the Four Seasons properties, the service is exceptional both in professionalism & politeness, but here it comes with a hearty smile & a welcome back. My wife loves the l'occitaine products & my kids love the cookes & milk at bedtime.

I read many comments on the creaky in the building and it is true. Having worked in the building years ago, I can remember seeing the water in the toilets slashing when the winds really kick. It can be off putting if you are not use to it, but the hotel does provide ear plugs, use them.

The staff always goes above & beyond & it was great to be back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2012

The location, service, room were all 100% incredible. There simply was no flaw to be found at this hotel. The views of Lake Michigan were breathtaking, and the rooms are adequate size.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2012

The staff was very professional, friendly and extremely accommodating. The service and attention is unparalleled. All meeting functions were handled beyond expectations.
The entire staff paid attention to every detail and handled all requests as though I were the only person in the hotel. The food is phenomenally creative and delicious.
Since completion of their renovations, the atmosphere is luxurious and comforting and the spa is absolutely exquisite.

P.S. - If you not only LOVE a strong shower but DEMAND it, look no further. This is your place. :-)

I wish I could say the same for the Ritz-Carlton............exact opposite.......sorry.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2012

The service is excellent, as might be expected at a Four Seasons. Yet the genuine concern for a guest is exceptional. A wonderful place to relax and enjoy the city.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank aaflyer3M
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Although I am a Chicago resident, I stayed at the Four Season for a girls night with my sister, three year old daughter and two neices (5 and 7). While I have stayed at other Four Seasons properties and also other luxury hotels, the Four Seasons Chicago went above and beyond my expectations. Besides their typical impeccable service, they were more than accomodating to our three children. They provided us with snacks, games, children's (organic!) shampoo and soap and even had three small robes and a step stool. Their in-room dining menu also catered to children and was very reasonably priced (for a luxury hotel). Also, I forgot an overnight diaper for my three year old and I called down to the front desk and they immediatley brought up 5 diapers! Everyone was so helpful (from the front desk to Anne Marie in sales who helped me get my room)-- I want to stay there every weekend! I will ALWAYS stay at the Four Seasons Chicago when I need another staycation.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family