“A relaxing weekend downtown for my wife and I.”

Cambria Hotel & Suites Chicago Magnificent Mile
Ranked #71 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 22 December 2011

My wife and I made a quick trip to the Mag Mile to experience the magic of Christmas in Chicago. We found Affinia on Travelzoo for an affordable price so I jumped on it. When we arrived, we asked for a room with view and the office staff upgraded us to a beautiful Jr. Suite with a great view. We were SO PLEASED! The staff were always friendly and accommodating. The only downside to the hotel was that we could tell it was in an old building. The windows were drafty, but the heater worked well so we were never really cold. The furniture was modern and nice and the tv was a decent sized flat screen. The cd player was was outdated. The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable and good to sleep in on. The location was on the best part of the Magnificent mile near the north end and the highest density of shops. Thanks Affinia Chicago for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cashmoney_ne

Reviewed 22 December 2011

The Affinia's location is perfect for visitors who want to experience the Magnificant Mile and downtown Chicago. It is a short walk to Michigan Avenue and Water Tower Place. The rooms are spacious and luxurious. Beds are comfortable and the sheets are terrific. The bathrooms are sizable and well-appointed. The thing I like best about the Affinia (I've now stayed there twice) is the service. The staff are extremely friendly, accommodating, and always eager to assist guest during their stay. We've stayed there as a family (2 adults, 3 children) and a couple (2 adults) and have enjoyed both experiences tremendously! Make sure you sign up for their rewards program--the perks are great!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Renee A
InteractiveMarketing, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2011

Hi Renee, Thanks for taking the time to share about your experience. I appreciate your remarks about the associates; I really think we have some of the most friendly, helpful out there and I'm glad that shows! Great tip about joining our rewards program; it's constantly growing among independant boutiques and I agree the perks are great. We value your return visits & look forward to welcoming you back for another comfy stay soon, Stephen Blackford, General Manager

Reviewed 15 December 2011

This was a great stay. I came for the weekend as a girls getaway with my sisters. The hotel staff was very kind and accommodating. We had a 2-king bed junior suite - the room was very long and not really conducive to visiting, but it was very clean and comfortable. The parking was outrageous at $50 per day but that's Chicago I suppose. Would recommend this hotel - it is just 1/2 a block off of Michigan Ave and right next door to Gino's East Pizza.Great place and reasonable price for 4 people, 2 king beds, especially. That is hard to find in Chicago!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank OceanBound73
Reviewed 15 December 2011

We stayed here for seven nights on a recent visit to Chicago. We were upgraded to a suite which was a nice surprise. The staff on the front desk were most helpful during our stay - they let us have a late check-out, found us a blues club to go to and even printed out our boarding passes on the last day. Impressive and friendly service. Our room had a magnificent view from the 8th floor and we slept in the most comfortable bed ever. Minor criticisms were that the room had not been configured very sensibly so that we had a rather small bathroom. Also, the huge windows were not double-glazed. Very environmentally unsound! We had the heating on quite high to make up for this. Very wasteful of resources!They also let in the sound of sirens as ambulances sped to the nearby hospital. I did not find this a problem this but my partner had to resort to earplugs.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2011

The staff make this hotel. Nothing is too much trouble. My only gripe is that wi-fi is charged, this is just not acceptable in a hotel of this quality and price.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Stayed here for One night for business. Great rooms, service, and value. The only thing that I was not happy about was that parking was $49 per 24 hour period.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 12 December 2011

The hotel itself was beautiful and wonderful staff but the bottom line for me was that it was impossible to sleep through the night because the noise of the ambulance sirens continued throughout the night. For THREE consecutive nights. There was simply inadequate soundproofing - even 14 floors above the street (OK - 13 floors as there is no 13th floor). I hesitate to write this review but I rely on Trip Advisor reviews when traveling, and had I been warned about the ambulance sirens, I would have chosen to stay elsewhere. If you are a sound sleeper and noise is not an issue then it is a lovely hotel and excellent value. Conveniently located. Wonderful staff. But quiet is a key priority for me so I would not stay here again. :(

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank David S

Dear mdsonic, Thanks for taking the time to share. Because of honest feedback, we're able to constantly improve within the marketplace. I appreciate your compliments on location, associates and seeing the overall value. Due to our great downtown location, at times standard city noise can occur near our property and all nearby hotels. Thanks for understanding, Stephen Blackford, General Manager