1,754 results
All reviews rooms are small boutique hotel whole foods small desk few blocks closet space michigan ave river north front desk staff bed was very comfortable free coffee downtown chicago location is great the magnificent mile couple blocks mag mile navy pier
Reviewed February 24, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed three nights in the Hotel Felix for pleasure. The hotel was clean and modern but quite small in size. The room is fine for business travelers and couples with no children. I'm VERY glad we found a sitter because there is NO WAY we could have squeezed a pack'n'play in that room and still have met fire safety standards...

The hotel staff was very polite. I would suggest going DOWN to the front desk if you have an issue however. Each time we called guest services they did not complete the task even after HOURS of waiting--for CUPS or PILLOWS! Easy things... but after going down the desk they were given to us right away.

The location was quite good. A few blocks away from the Michigan Ave, near the Cathedral district. There is a whole foods kitty corner from the hotel which is quite convenient.

Overall, nice for a quick weekend trip with your sig other or a business trip, but not if you have kids.

Room Tip: Corners are nice and ice machines are located on EVEN numbered floors only.
1  Thank MommyLovesChanel
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit while in the Windy City. We're happy to hear you and your husband enjoyed Chicago's first LEED certified hotel and appreciate our convenient location in the center of downtown Chicago. We will also check with our front desk and conduct remedial training as necessary regarding communication with guests. Thank you and we hope to see you and your husband again soon!

Reviewed February 23, 2012

When searching on line for hotels I found them very expensive. Felix was perfect for vacationers on the go. Very clean, professional,great location for walking,and affordable. Don't let the name influence your decision-if your looking for a quiet hotel without all the bells and whistles this would be a good choice for you.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank lloita99

Thank you for your review and for staying with us while you were in the Windy City. We're happy to hear you enjoyed our top-notch customer service and convenient location in the heart of downtown Chicago. Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

I wasn't as bothered by the size of the room as some, but I did feel super cramped in the halls. Passing a housekeeper with cleaning supplies or another traveler with luggage is definitely a tight squeeze...but the halls aren't where you spend your time, so no big deal. The bathroom was a good size, but didn't have an exhaust fan. Every time we used the shower the entire room became stuffy/humid. The sink looked nice but wasn't very deep, which might not have been so bad if the spout was taller. Overall, the hotel was OK. It was nicely decorated, clean, and in a walkable location close to shops and restaurants.

1  Thank sharonvania

Thank you for your recent review and for staying with us while in the Windy City. We're pleased you enjoyed your stay and our chic, hip, urban decor. We're also happy to hear you enjoyed our convenient location in the heart of downtown Chicago. Thanks and please visit us again the next time you're in Chicago.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

As some reviewers have said, the rooms are a little small, but not, as some people say, tiny. My wife and I were quite comfortable in it. Although we were easily able to walk over to Michigan Avenue or the red line subway, it would have nice to have been a bit closer to Michigan. It was quiet, well-kept, and very clean. My wife would have preferred a coffee-maker in the room, but that's what husbands are for--hunting and gathering. I believe we got it through Hotwire; for that price it was a very good value.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review following your stay with us in Chicago. We're pleased to hear you and your wife enjoyed your time with us. To keep in accordance with our green standards, we offer guests complimentary local Metropolis artisan coffee in the lobby. We hope you have a wonderful day and thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night. Overall the hotel is OK. The rooms and public areas are clean. My biggest complaint was everything felt cramped. The rooms are SMALL, which at first I didn't think was a big deal since we were hardly in the room anyway.... but then I kept hitting my knee on the bed frame and OUCH! Also, the bed was "queen" size, but it must have been some sort of mini-queen because I'm 5'3" and my feet were hanging off the edge. Other than everything feeling small, everything else was fine. Location is good; plenty of dining options nearby. Paid $23 for overnight parking at the garage across the street. (which is cheap by Chicago standards) I got the room on hotwire for $75 so over all, we were satisfied with our stay. We spent our 2nd night at the Hotel Sax which we enjoyed a ton more.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and for staying with us during your visit to the Windy City. We're thrilled you enjoyed our convenient location in the heart of downtown Chicago, steps away from the Mag Mile and the exciting Gold Coast. While our rooms are cozy in nature, we pride ourselves on our eco-friendly standards and amenities. Thank you, please visit us again soon!