1,754 results
All reviews rooms are small boutique hotel whole foods small desk few blocks closet space michigan ave river north front desk staff bed was very comfortable free coffee downtown chicago location is great the magnificent mile couple blocks mag mile navy pier
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights and was glad all I had time to do was sleep in the room because I might have gone crazy. The room was ridiculously small for 1 person, the location was good, bathroom was OK, my drain kept clogging and housekeeping left the floor really wet. My "neighbors" were really loud at night so I had to keep my iPod in to get some sleep. I would suggest another Chicago hotel over this one if you're traveling to Chicago. If you're just staying for business (sleeping/showering) it get's the job done.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Thank you for your review following your stay. While our rooms are cozy in nature,we're proud of our eco-friendly amenities and efforts. Regarding the issue with housekeeping, we will look into the situation and conduct remedial training as necessary. Regarding the noise level, we encourage our guests to communicate any concerns with us and we'll do our best to remedy the situation. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed April 27, 2012

The Hotel Felix is nicely refurbished from a seedy old joint of some ill repute and ample history. The rooms are small, at least ours were, but the location is great, especially if you're CTA--bound and enjoying Chicago's neighbourhoods. The rooms were quiet, but a little too sterile in their modernity. And maybe for a younger crowd they're just fantastic, but it all felt too much like a downtown Tokyo businessman's mausoleotel you see on PBS travel shows. This is the city of big shoulders, after all, and mine had to go sideways too often to really please me. They did have some sort of a bluebox for recyclables, and a method to indicate whether to change, or not, the bedding. The restaurant downstairs was nice, but there was no bucket of eggs or such at our breakfast. The lobby bar was more fun and endearing to our guests.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you for your recent review and for staying with us while in the Windy City. While our rooms are cozy in nature we're proud of our environmental efforts and amenities. We're happy to hear you enjoyed Elate, the organic restaurant adjacent to our hotel, and our fun and energetic lobby bar. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Room was clean and nice. Was suppose to be a King. Bed could not have been more than a small double. Bathroom was very small with walk in shower. No where for me to put my make-up or toiletries. Closet was tiny and was behind a small curtain. For the most part the hotel was nice, quiet and comfortable. Although I have stayed in a lot of hotels all over the world and this had to be the smallest room I have ever been in. Good for a one or two night stay, preferably on your own as the bed is small and I'm tiny!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review following your stay with us. While our rooms are cozy in nature we're proud of our eco-friendly efforts and amenities. We're happy to hear you enjoyed our quiet and comfortable property. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Felix for two nights in April. Yes, the rooms are small but they are very clean and comfortable and I loved the modern decor. The staff is great!
You can walk everywhere from the hotel. It's very close to the Magnificent Mile and we also walked to Navy Pier from the hotel. The subway is also easy to access from the hotel. We booked online using Priceline and stayed for $150/night. I was told that you can park for free if you are driving a hybrid car. We were not, so we parked across the street on Clark for $30.00/day.
Try the Tempo cafe for breakfast. Sooo good! Also try the Texas de Brazil restaurant for dinner. We had a great meal there and it's walkable from the Felix.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dianne F

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. We're thrilled you enjoyed our comfortable rooms and chic, modern decor. We're also happy you enjoyed our outstanding staff and convenient location steps from the Magnificent Mile and Navy Pier. Have a wonderful day and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2012

This hotel is located on N. Clark and Huron which is convenient and quiet. What lured me was the hype about this being a green hotel. Uh, I didn't see it. They did not ask guests whether linens needed to be laundered each day. There were no separate bins to recycle and no instructions about it.

Since this is a hip party hotel for the "20 somethings", they rock all night on weekends but the hotel security does ask them to pipe down after 10:30PM. Otherwise, the staff is kind but not terribly helpful.

I asked to be placed away from the pop and ice machines. That didn't happen.

I had to request an extra blanket three times before I got one.

The desk lamps give off a quarter's diameter of light. Literally. I couldn't read at my desk. I was told that this was "green" but it worked like a pen light or flash light. However, it could be that the new generation only uses Kindles, Iphones, Ipads and lap tops. They literally had no traditional desk lamp on the premises.

Speaking of Iphones, there were no phone books in the room. Maybe they are now obsolete since younger generations obtain this data from their portable electronic media sources.

They did have a business center from which I obtained phone numbers and addresses.

Coffee is served in the lobby each morning.

So to get data or get awake, I had to leave my room which happened frequently and was not relaxing. Again, I am not sure that relaxation other than partying is the reason folks come to this hotel.

The rooms are very small which would have been okay except that the wooden base of the bed is designed to hit the guests in the shins. Guests in the business center were laughing about that as we hobbled to our guest computers.

It took me a half-hour to figure out that the dresser drawers were in the bed base. There is not alot of storage space in the room.

Bottom line, come here if you want to party and/or tote electronic media sources. Forget it if you need to work and you still use non-electronic media to read and write.

Room Tip: Go there to party and you won't care about the room or its amenities.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review following your visit with us. As Chicago's first LEED Certified hotel, Hotel Felix' design includes many ongoing eco-friendly efficiencies such as in-room motion sensors to control heat and air conditioning; fluorescent lighting throughout the property and water waste reduction plumbing that saves one million gallons of water annually. We also install recycled products in everything from artwork to fabrics and surfaces, flooring and wall coverings. Recycled materials, low-emitting paints, carpets, and a green cleaning program are used throughout the property. Please let us know if you have any questions and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you, have a great day!