US$209
US$137
Savings alert! 51% below average rates

The price you found is 51% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$280/night.

Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$157
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$227/night.

US$251
US$227
Sofitel
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$278/night.

US$257
US$219
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$248/night.

Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$100
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

US$188
US$169
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$244/night.

US$146
US$127
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$206/night.

US$175
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$264/night.

US$224
US$215
Fairmont.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$265/night.

US$229
US$165
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$228/night.

1,719 results
All reviewsrooms are smallboutique hotelwhole foodssmall deskfew blockscloset spacemichigan averiver northfront desk staffbed was very comfortablelocation is greatdowntown chicagothe magnificent milecouple blocksmag milenavy pierlobby
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I bid through Priceline and Hotel Felix was the hotel we got. I paid $150 per nights in June and stayed two nights. I would like to comment on other reviews I read here which made me nervous before we arrived.

Upon arriving at the hotel, we were greeted by Charles, just about the most friendly guy you'd want to meet. Really set the tone. He was helpful and nice. The desk staff were also very friendly and helpful. Check-in went smoothly. We got there early, and our room was not ready. They will hold your bags. We ate, came back, and got a room about 2 p.m.

Yes, the rooms are small. I immediatelly upon winning Hotel Felix as my bid called the hotel to reserve two beds. I was traveling with my mother and teenaged daughter for a shopping/sightseeing trip to Chicago. I was told that they would tag my request but there was no 100% guarantee getting two beds. I called daily until my trip. I was fortunate enough to get two beds. The rooms are very small. However, the room was clean, and the beds were very comfortable. There is a big stand-up shower. The sink that so many complained of was no big deal at all. It was a non-issue. We were in Room 1217 which looks directly into the building construction next door. However, at my stay there was no construction happening and so it was very quiet. If construction were taking place I could see where it would be noisy. Looking left, you look out onto LaSalle Street. We had no intention of staying in our room so the view out the window didn't matter to me at all. Also, the smaller-sized room of this boutique hotel didn't matter to me becasue we were out sightseeing and shopping, etc.

The location of this hotel is fantastic. Our first night we went on the Wendella architectural boat tour which leaves from Wrigley bldg, and at night we went to Navy Pier for the Cirque show. My mom was with so we cabbed it, and both venues are super close to Hotel Felix and short cab rides. The next day we shopped on Michigan Ave, and again, this hotel is close to shopping.

We ate breakfast at Yolk on Wells which is a very short walk away. Yummy!! We also ate breakfast at Elate, which is the restaurant in the hotel. Very nice. Yolk has a bigger selection and has that friendly breakfast feel.

There was one issue that I encountered that I hadn't at any hotel I've every stayed at which I feel compelled to mention. My mother brought a muffin into the room that she hadn't finished. It was wrapped in a bag from where she'd bought it. We left it on the bed table between the two beds. We left the room at 3 p.m. after checking in and got back to the room about 9:30 p.m.. Upon our return, the bag was covered with ants. Probably a hundred ants or more. I have never encountered this in any hotel I've ever stayed at. After much panick in the room, I took the bag to the shower and washed the ants down the drain. We killed whatever ants were left on the night stand. Only about a dozen ants came back after everything was cleaned up. No other ants were seen the rest of our stay. I called the front desk to alert them to the fact that they had ants. They said they would let the staff know. They did offer us another room, but I chose to stay as I saw no further evidence of ants. I've stayed at a multitude of hotels and had sugary items in my room. Never ever have I had ants. Hotel Felix gave me a $20 credit. While I was disappointed with that, I did not pursue it as no ants showed up again. Of course, I brought absolutely no food items in to the room after that. There are no garbage cans anywhere on the floor outside the rooms so I took my room garbage can down to the front desk and had them throw away the muffin and the bag it was in.

Would I recommend this hotel? In spite of the ants, yes. The room - discounting the ants - was very clean and while small, the beds very comfortable. My stay was only two nights. I don't know that I would stay here longer than that. It does get quite close. However, I don't stay in the room much, so the size wasn't too important, and it didn't affect my stay. I did see one family checking in who seemed quite surprised at the no guarantee of two beds. I probably would not stay at this hotel with children. The rooms are too small for that. My mom had a bed and I shared a bed with my daughter on our stay.

This hotel was perfect for what I was in the city for, and the location was really great! It is not what I consider luxurious, but it was very very nice. Great for that weekend in the city. I was happy with the price consdering I was in the heart of the city.

I rated 4 stars for cleanliness, but hedge between 3 1/2 stars and 4 only because of the ant situation. The room other than the ants was spotless and very very clean.

It seems bidding through Priceline gets you Hotel Felix a lot of times. If you want a more spacious room, I'd probably stay away from Priceline. I myself might try another online price discount site to see what other options are available.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 1217. The room was an end corner, two beds. I didn't hear any noise coming from the floor. The air conditioner vent in the ceiling rattled and was a little noisy but not enough that I called staff.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank dph40
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We pricelined for a 4 Star hotel and ended up at the Hotel Felix. We lived in Chicago for 6 years and the one up side is the hotel is located in a great neighborhood. Close to public transportation, shopping, restaurants and nightlife; River North is by far the best neighborhood for visiting the city. The lobby is pleasant smells good. That's about it for the positives.

The negatives:
- The rooms are small. I mean, walk in closet size. Think of what you might get in Paris and then halve it. You get the point. The first room was so small and looked at a brick wall so we requested a move which they granted. Second room was still tiny but at least I could stand, touch the bed and not touch the wall at the end of the room.
- The rooms are not in good shape. Straches on walls, dirty looking carpets, etc.
- The air conditioning system is LOUD and kicks in every 10-15 minutes. It woke us up numerous times and blew directly on us in both rooms.
- The staff was robotic but friendly. Nothing over the top but not rude so I guess this is a neutral.
- Let's talk about the October 2011 murder. We weren't aware of the tragic event that happened in October of 2011 (google it). We were moved the the 12th floor where the incident occured. It totally freaked me out. And no one who worked for hotel would divulge where the murder happneded. So we had to accept the fact we were probably sleeping in a former crime scene. It gave the whole hotel a creepy vibe.
- Toliet did not flush well
- My fiance called for shaving cream since he forgot his. He was told they were out and he could go to Walgreens. Really?! 4 Star? What a joke!
- Even on priceline we ended paying over $200/night for a 10 x 10 room. Again, what a joke.

Horrible, unrestful stay. DO NOT STAY at Hotel Felix.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tara B
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you for your recent stay and your detailed review. We appreciate that you took the time from your busy schedule. We also are happy to hear your enjoyed our lobby and our convenient location right in the heart of the Windy City. While our rooms are cozy in nature, we take pride in our eco-friendly offerings and amenities as the first Silver LEED certified hotel in Chicago. We certainly will chat with our team members to make sure they keep up their friendly attitudes but perhaps turn down the robotics. We do apologize that from time to time we receive ample requests for the same item, such as shaving cream, and occasionally run out. We do our best to keep up the inventory.
Again, thank you for your review and for staying with us. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We bid on a 4 star hotel on Priceline and this is what we "won". This hotel is far from 4 stars and we certainly feel we were misled by Priceline. Room was without a doubt the tiniest hotel room we have ever stayed in. There was barely room to walk around the bed and we continually banged our knees on the bed frame to get to the bathroom. There is no dresser, no seating in the room and no counter space in the bathroom. Bed was advertised as a queen size, however it was a double not a queen. We were there for 3 nights and requested a room with a larger bed, but were told, of course, none were available. When we checked in, bedspread had a large smear of blood on it. When we called the front desk about that, they did immediately send someone to change the bedding. Room was very clean, fairly quiet and staff was helpful. There is no pool at the hotel. Location is good, the neighborhood is nice and it's 6 blocks from Michigan Avenue. This might be an okay 3 star hotel, but it certainly does not come close to offering the amenities associated with a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. We're glad you enjoyed our clean rooms, quiet ambiance, convenient location and friendly staff. Regarding your room, we book guests based on what is available at the time of booking. We hope to see you again soon, thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in June- got a deal for the room on Hotwire. Yes, the rooms are pretty tiny, but they are clean and the bed is soooo comfortable! The view wasn't too great either. None of this bothered us because pretty much all we did in the room was sleep and shower. I did wonder why they wash the sheets every day if it is an Eco-friendly hotel. We only stayed a few nights and could have opted to save the water.

The staff was AMAZING and were so helpful with finding restaurants,giving directions, etc. They were incredibly friendly as well. Valet service was quick and as soon as you pulled up in car or cab they were quick to help you with your bags and get the door for you. We really appreciated their help throughout our stay!

We didn't eat at the restaurant though it was always busy as was the lobby bar at night. Had a lounge-like feel- great place to grab a drink at night without leaving the hotel! The hotel is close to everything you need- mag mile, restaurants, bars, and bus/subway stops. There is also a grocery store two blocks away if you need anything. I wished our room had a little fridge, however, to keep some drinks and such cold as there wasn't many food/snack options aside from the restaurant adjacent to the hotel, however I have no idea where it would have fit in the room.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay and if the price was right we would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012

Thank you for your review following your stay! We're so glad you enjoyed our comfy bedding and our outstanding staff. Our team works hard to give our guests the best experience possible and we're thrilled you enjoyed. We hope to see you again soon - have a great day!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I had the worst experience with Hotel Felix, Chicago this past weekend. I had heard that hotels hate customers who use priceline, hotwire, expedia, etc ... but I have never experienced this prior with using these sites till now. First this hotel excepted my bid for 4 people but only gave us a room with one queen bed. They also mocked us when we got there and laughed and said, i see you booked with priceline, let me give you our best room. There wasn't even room to sleep on the floor. They never offered us extra pillows, blankets or anything, knowing we had to squeeze 4 into this room and wouldn't allow us to upgrade for additional cost (which i offered to pay). We had to ask for EVERYTHING a few times and they made it just feel like we were bothering them. The only good part about this hotel was it's location and it's bell boys (if that's what you call them now a days). They were AWESOME and made us feel not so cheap like the rest of the staff did. Sorry i'm savvy!!

Room Tip: Rooms are EXTREMELY small. Even is there was 2 people it would have been TIGHT ... not a lot of extras, no microwaves, no fridge, no coffee maker. NOT MUCH other than a good location.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kelly Z

Thank you for your review following your stay. Regarding the issues you raised, we will look into them and conduct remedial training as necessary. Thank you again and have a nice day.