1,735 results
All reviewsrooms are smallboutique hotelwhole foodsfew blockscloset spacemichigan averiver northfront desk staffbed was very comfortablefree coffeelocation is greatdowntown chicagothe magnificent milecouple blocksmag milenavy pierlobby
998 - 1,003 of 1,735 reviews
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel. The rooms are tiny, queen size bed, I'm used to King, a few blocks from Michigan Ave. And John Hancock Center. I really liked the Hotel and the location, the staff very friendly. You shouldn't spend that much money in other hotels if your plan is to get to know the city. There are many restaurants within walking distance. We walked all the way to Millenium Park. The hotel has free wi-fi, not strong enough, but it's free anyways. We really liked Chicago and hope to be back very soon.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Jose G
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you for your review following your stay with us. We're happy you enjoyed our hardworking staff, our convenient location and complimentary wifi. Regarding the room size, we're proud to be Chicago's first eco-friendly hotel. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is a very nice hotel in River North area. Easy walking to Michigan Ave, the Hancock Building, Navy Pier, and the river tours. Little longer walk to the major Loop attractions. 1 block from the Hard Rock Cafe, Rainforest Cafe, and McDonalds. The hotel room was very quiet, and had very upscale, updated furnishings. The bathroom was very nice. The room was small, but well planned and even included a desk. Very nice location with luxury furnishings at a great price for downtown Chicago.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review! We're thrilled you enjoyed our convenient location in the heart of downtown Chicago, our quiet atmosphere and clean, modern decor and furnishings. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This might make the folks paying $125 bucks on priceline and complaining about it after feel a little better.

I was here for work. We arrived latish and I was excited about staying at the Hotel Felix.

The website makes it look modern (which the lobby is) and inviting (which the people are, sometimes). When we arrived they had the most awesome smelling flowers at the front desk right at nose level and the lady checking us in was nice.

I got to my room and noticed a very foul odor. It smelled a little like sewage and really nasty funkiness. It was late so I decided I could stick with it for a night and hoped it was the room next door and would go away. Also, I heard one of the front desk agents telling another guest that they were sold out and couldn't switch rooms.

Move forward a few days and I've been tolerating the nastiness and try to get another room so I can get out of the stink bath. I get told they are sold out and have no options.

We spent a tremendous amount for these rooms and to have tolerated this and get no flexibility stinks (literally).

I can't recommend staying here. Even if you are paying retail there is no guarantee that the stay will delight or even be satisfactory.

The beds are comfortable. The neighborhood is fine.

I just wish some big city hotels would cut down on the rip off factor. If the room smells like decomposing biological material, maybe you shouldn't rent that room. Or discount it for the folks looking to save a buck.

If you are reading this review thinking of staying at the Hotel Felix give it some thought and move on.

From the reviews I've read some people have had good if not great experiences there. That said consider that even if you are spending a lot and are looking for someplace where you can get a good night sleep you might be stuck in a room that smells really bad and they aren't going to be able (or willing) to do anything about it.

I would challenge the management to consider empowering staff to help create solutions in situations like these.

It did not make me feel valued. If you read my review of Kimpton Properties I have stayed at I would offer that they would have developed a better solution that just an answer of "too bad."

Room Tip: The lobby looks nice and they have some neat metal art out front. It doesn't negate the poor experience but was fun and the art was whimsical.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank GoCaps_2011

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. Regarding the issue you raised on your room, we are looking into this issue further and reviewing the situation. We will conduct remedial training as necessary and do our best to ensure our guests are comfortable with us. Thank you again.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Originally, I had booked another, less expensive, downtown Chicago hotel for our quick trip in and out, but all my pals had elected to stay at the Hotel Felix. It seemed a little too rich for my blood, but this was a wedding, these were my friends, and well...it's only money. So I changed my booking and went with the Hotel Felix. So how to write this review? The room was attractive and expensive looking, very high-end finishes; the bed was fabulous, so very comfortable; the shower was terrific with its rainfall showerhead; the room was...small. Tiny. Almost miniscule. I bumped my shin on the box frame of the bed *every single time* I came out of the bathroom. There was no chair save the desk chair, and I -- thrashing and sleepless for a time -- needed one. Of course, there was no space, so I suppose there is no point in lamenting the lack of a lounge chair. So how do I ultimately judge the value of the room...was it comfortable? Yes, the bed was amazing. Was the staff helpful? Yes, you know at a hotel like this you're going to get actually information from the staff. Was the hotel attractive? Yes, in a modern and tasteful way. So was the room worth the exorbitant price I paid???? In the end, that was a lot of money for the amount of useable square footage, so I have to judge no...I've had better value at a good Hampton Inn. I don't think we could have spent more than one night in that room. However, if you get a deal, and a bigger room, I have no doubt the stay will be lovely.

Room Tip: Ask for the biggest one within your price range.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for your review following your stay with us. We're pleased you enjoyed our modern decor and our comfortable bedding and our hardworking staff. While our rooms are cozy in nature, we're proud of our eco-friendly efforts and amenities. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband and I found our stay at the Hotel Felix very delightful. Yes the hotel and the rooms are smaller then average but the staff is excellent. The hotel is in a great location, you are in walking distance to pretty much everything. Charles one of the valets was very helpful with getting our bags to and from our room, also with info about the surrounding area. Denise at the front desk was also a great resource she recommended the BEST restaurants in the area. They both always had a smile on there faces and made us feel very comfortable.

I would recommend that if your planning a stay at this hotel or in the surrounding area expect to pay around $100 a night for dinner. (including a few drinks) But it is well worth it : )

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Corrina J

Thank you for your review! We're thrilled you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us. We're also pleased you enjoyed our hardworking staff, we'll pass your kind words onto Denise and Charles. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!