1,745 results
All reviews rooms are small boutique hotel whole foods small desk few blocks closet space michigan ave river north front desk staff bed was very comfortable downtown chicago location is great the magnificent mile couple blocks mag mile navy pier lobby
Reviewed December 10, 2017

I briefly stayed in this hotel while on travel to Chicago.

Pros: The room design and lobby were very beautiful and the bed more than comfortable. The location is also good in River North. The original check-in staff member was very helpful.

Cons: The staff after original check-in were subpar. Cleaning staff were knocking on my door frequently starting at 8:30am, waking me up... even though I told one of them that I wouldn't be checking out until around 11am. It made me feel pressured to get out of there, even though I had a late flight.

There were no water glasses in the room. When we called down to ask for glasses, we got a grumpy person who said they wouldn't bring glasses unless we ordered something like wine.

Upon check-out, I was sitting in the lobby minding my own business when one of the valets takes my luggage and tells me he has a cab ready for me. I told him I was arranging my own transportation, but he continued to take my bag and put it in the back of a Tesla. I've lived in the Bay Area for more than a decade, but I still have that small town personality where I tend to let these things happen. The ride to the airport was $75.00, double what it should have cost. ^^It felt like this was a scam the valets were running.^^

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel in May 2017 and very disappointing.

Nice lobby, however, room is very small and tight spaced, and although it may have once been updated, it is worn, and needs another update.

Other than location, not a great value because there are no amenities. Suggest instead to stay at the Godfrey.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Carla M
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2017

Hi Carla M. - Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. While our rooms are cozy in nature, we find most guests appreciate our urban location, which is just steps away from Chicago’s landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, museums, shopping and more. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed December 1, 2017

There are too many cleaning staff with keys who can access your room at any time. Your belongings simply are not safe here. I had a $2500 camera stolen out of my room and the hotel management did NOTHING. Don't stay here. Waste of your money.

Stayed: March 2017
3  Thank petermW9129WV
Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

We travel to Chicago for all sorts of entertainment. The first stay we had at Hotel Felix was a chance booking through Priceline's "Express Deals." We enjoyed our stay so much we continue to go back to the Hotel Felix which is home to friendly staff, comfortable beds, and is in a great location to get around the city. The only complaint we've had the last couple trips is checking out on a Sunday morning and there only being one employee retrieving vehicles for the valet service. This last trip had us wait over 40 minutes for our vehicle to be returned to us which makes for a frustrating morning.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Hi Joshua B - Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, as well as our urban location. We have shared your comments with our team, and we hope to welcome you back in the future. Safe travels.

Reviewed November 17, 2017

Our room was small but clean & comfortable. They helped us with all our needs. Even when there was an extra charge on our bill it was taken care of in due order. Bed was comfortable. Bath was very clean. Just wasn't a lot of room to move around in but we had what we needed for the evening. Was only there for one night.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2017

Hi Sally G - Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that our helpful staff was able to assist you. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!