“Ok for the price”

Hotel Felix
Ranked #121 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Got a great deal and the location is great. Staff at the front was very welcoming and everything appears to be pretty clean and new.
Rooms are typical small Chicago rooms which was fine but we were right next to the elevator, the vent for the heat was obnoxiously loud and there was very loud construction going on from sun up to sun down. Tell the foreman at Mortenson construction to lay off the freakin bull horn!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Carebo9 - Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our urban location and that our friendly staff was able to assist you. We appreciate your candid feedback about some items not being to standards in the room, such as the heat. We will certainly ensure these types for things are checked daily so as not to occur again. Thank you again for visiting us and we hope to see you soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,654)

Reviewed 10 December 2017

I briefly stayed in this hotel while on travel to Chicago.

Pros: The room design and lobby were very beautiful and the bed more than comfortable. The location is also good in River North. The original check-in staff member was very helpful.

Cons: The staff after original check-in were subpar. Cleaning staff were knocking on my door frequently starting at 8:30am, waking me up... even though I told one of them that I wouldn't be checking out until around 11am. It made me feel pressured to get out of there, even though I had a late flight.

There were no water glasses in the room. When we called down to ask for glasses, we got a grumpy person who said they wouldn't bring glasses unless we ordered something like wine.

Upon check-out, I was sitting in the lobby minding my own business when one of the valets takes my luggage and tells me he has a cab ready for me. I told him I was arranging my own transportation, but he continued to take my bag and put it in the back of a Tesla. I've lived in the Bay Area for more than a decade, but I still have that small town personality where I tend to let these things happen. The ride to the airport was $75.00, double what it should have cost. ^^It felt like this was a scam the valets were running.^^

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel in May 2017 and very disappointing.

Nice lobby, however, room is very small and tight spaced, and although it may have once been updated, it is worn, and needs another update.

Other than location, not a great value because there are no amenities. Suggest instead to stay at the Godfrey.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Hi Carla M. - Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. While our rooms are cozy in nature, we find most guests appreciate our urban location, which is just steps away from Chicago’s landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, museums, shopping and more. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

There are too many cleaning staff with keys who can access your room at any time. Your belongings simply are not safe here. I had a $2500 camera stolen out of my room and the hotel management did NOTHING. Don't stay here. Waste of your money.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

We travel to Chicago for all sorts of entertainment. The first stay we had at Hotel Felix was a chance booking through Priceline's "Express Deals." We enjoyed our stay so much we continue to go back to the Hotel Felix which is home to friendly staff, comfortable beds, and is in a great location to get around the city. The only complaint we've had the last couple trips is checking out on a Sunday morning and there only being one employee retrieving vehicles for the valet service. This last trip had us wait over 40 minutes for our vehicle to be returned to us which makes for a frustrating morning.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Hi Joshua B - Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, as well as our urban location. We have shared your comments with our team, and we hope to welcome you back in the future. Safe travels.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Our room was small but clean & comfortable. They helped us with all our needs. Even when there was an extra charge on our bill it was taken care of in due order. Bed was comfortable. Bath was very clean. Just wasn't a lot of room to move around in but we had what we needed for the evening. Was only there for one night.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Hi Sally G - Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that our helpful staff was able to assist you. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 14 November 2017

My wife and I stayed here on a Monday night after booking using a "last minute" hotel renovation app. The recent renovation did a great job, but the old building's "bones" made it difficult to make this a top notch hotel. The rooms are very small, but comfortable. High end touches throughout. The bathroom is very small (your feet are literally partly in the shower when you sit on the toilet). The staff was attentive. The "last minute" rate was great. If you're looking for comfortable digs while you're in Chicago, and don't mind a small space, it's a good choice. It's a bit west of the Mag Mile, but, but easily walkable. I'd rate four stars, but the room and bathroom sizes are just a bit too small for 2 people.

Stayed: November 2017
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Hi JohnDoe88 - Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay, and that our helpful staff was able to assist you. While our rooms are cozy in nature, we find most guests appreciate our urban location, which is just steps away from Chicago’s landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, museums, shopping and more. Thank you again and we hope you have a nice day.