US$252
US$197
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$219/night.

Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$179
US$231
US$218
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$244/night.

Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$192
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$213/night.

Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$193
Hilton.com
US$326
US$203
Sofitel
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$235/night.

Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$161
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$209/night.

US$256
US$229
Cancelon
  • Room Service
2,794 results
All reviewsstate and lakerooftop barwit hotelbirds chirpingnature soundschicago theaterwarm cookiesspa roommillennium parkthe riverthe loopdiamond membercorner roomhotel guestsfloor to ceiling windowsthe beanupon check
Reviewed July 7, 2011

My family and I stayed around the 4th of July and could not have had a much better experience with The Wit.

First and foremost is the staff. Without exception, the staff was friendly, considerate and eager to help (the concierge even arranged for a treat to be delievered to our room for my wife's birthday). From the valet to the bellman to the front desk to the concierge...everyone was top notch. Even when out in the city and had a question, we could call and they would give us useful information about where to eat or what to do.

The rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious (especially for downtown Chicago standards). While we didn't spend much time in the room, a cramped room would have been a real negative considering my wife and I were travelling with our 17-year old and 12-year old sons. The decor is interesting but still functional (with one exception I'll mention below). A small touch was the nature sounds piped into the hallways (which you could not hear from the rooms) that changed depending on the time of day - very clever.

The location is outstanding as well. At the corner of State and Lake and right at an L station, you can't ask for much more for getting around the city. We always felt safe around the hotel even late at night.

Two areas to improve for the hotel: (1) The bathroom doors in the rooms are completely impractical. They use a sliding door that basically blocks the doorway to the bathroom. It doesn't really provide much privacy and came off the tracks for us a couple of times during our stay. (2) Wireless internet should be free in the rooms. It is free in the lobby, but staggering fees apply if you need wireless in your guest room.

Other than those two things - which did not detract from the enjoyment of our trip - The Wit really has their act together and can be a ideal place to stay whether for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2011

My husband surprised me with a fantastic getaway to Chi-Town. We spent four nights at the WIT! It was a wonderful, chic hotel. The staff could not have been nicer and more accommodating. The room was comfortable-high style, and the hotel was the perfect location to explore downtown. We ate at State and Lake and Cibomatta, both were amazing! A gigantic Thank YOU to the WIT. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2011

My girlfriends and I went in June 2011. Definitely a hip and happening place. Great decor, great rooms, great service. The spa treatment was okay; it was overly priced, the person 1 of my friends and I had was okay; but the other girls said their treatment was nice. The free cookies were so yummy! Perfect location in downtown, walking distance to a lot of the tourist spots. The Roof has a great bar/club atmosphere! We ate at 2 of 3 restaurants: The Roof and Cibo Mato, both great food! Okay for a family if you just want to stay here to come and sleep. Perfect for a girls' weekend!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2011

This hotel was in a perfect location, right next to an EL station. The front staff was so friendly and helpful, allowing us to check in early. When we brought a cheesecake back from Eli's, they sent a refrigerator to our room within minutes. The beds were comfortable, and the decor was funky-modern. The restaurant was a bit pricy, but not out of line with other hotel restaurants; breakfast was quite good. The Roof (rooftop bar) was very popular with the yuppie crowd, though not really conducive to a quiet conversation. Very nice view, though. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: We booked online.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2011

First let me say I am a hotel snob! With that said I booked this hotel for the weekend and part of the week while in town for a house hunting weekend /work week. My realtor highly recommended the hotel noting I am single and would be in town with my sister and probably "enjoy the rooftop bar". And enjoy the roof top we did! HOWEVER the room left alot to be desired! In fact in reading the reviews I wondered if I got put in the worst room in the hotel. First the room was booked automatically through my company. They booked a standard king. When we got to the hotel we requested a change to a double and the staff gladly accommodated, however apparently we missed out. The room was clean, but trendy or chic it was not. I agree with the comment that it was a "poor man’s W". The room was small and had no closet, instead a wardrobe. A wardrobe!?! Perhaps it’s me but it had been sometime since I'd seen a wardrobe in a “chic” city hotel room! Our bathroom was small.
At check out I asked the front desk staff how my room compared to others in order to have an accurate view of the hotel for possible future visits, and they remarked it was a pretty "standard size" . They did share that the spa king included an upgraded bathroom. (Needless to say I wasn’t upgraded and after reading the reviews apparently was the only one.)

Bottom line - If the hotel bar is most important item, you've got the right place.
If chic/trendy rooms and bathrooms matter most you can get more for your money elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business