US$299
US$218
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$246/night.

US$366
US$314
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$134
  • Pool
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$200
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$227
US$199
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$221/night.

Free cancellation until 02/08
US$234
US$209
  • Breakfast included
US$253
US$184
Agoda.com
2,804 results
All reviewsstate and lakerooftop barwit hotelbirds chirpingnature soundschicago theaterwarm cookiesspa roommillennium parkthe riverthe loopdiamond membercorner roomhotel guestsfloor to ceiling windowsthe beanupon check
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I usually stay at Hilton brand hotels in the loop/downtown area when I am in Chicago and LOVE this property. This is my favorite hilton property in the Chicago area and one of my favorite Hilton properties in the US.

I was there this past weekend (1/27 to 29) and the stay was perfect as always. Hilton just started offering Suite upgrades at Hilton and DT properties this month, and this was my first stay at a property since the policy was instituted. They honored this policy and gave me Suite 2112, a beautiful spa corner suite. Plenty of room and a nice kitchen and sitting and dining area.

While I wish the property had a lounge, the breakfast is great. You get a $17 voucher for state/lake which covers anything on the menu I think except steak. Lots of items on the menu including red velvet pancakes and banana french toast (they used to have croque monsieur on the menu that I loved but didn't see it on there this time). We ate dinner there Saturday at State and Lake and the prices are reasonable for a hotel and the food was good.

The security is very good in the building. You must use your room key card to access the elevator and it will only work for the floor you are staying on.

No pool, and the fitness center is small. But the fitness center is open 24/7 and I have never had to wait on an elipitical machine and you have a good view outside from machines and there are also headphones available for use.

Bathroom was big and loved the soaking spa (althought I wish it had jets) and I love the bath products they use, I wish all Hiltons would use the bar bath soap they use. Only complaint I had there was there were two pairs of slippers and just one bathrobe in my robe. The slippers that I am assuming were for men since they were the biggest of the two were way too small for my feet (I could only get a few toes in them) and housekeeping never replaced the bathrobe that I used Friday night. When they cleaned the room Saturday they removed the robe and I asked the housekeeper on the floor for another robe and she didn't have one. Someone else from housekeeping knocked on my door about 10 minutes later and said they would be delivering another one shortly and they never did.

I also wish they had some kind of store in the lobby to buy things like soft drinks since there isn't a lounge, but there are plenty of stores nearby.

I flew and the orange and red lines are right outside the door and the blue line is only two blocks away. My friend drove and valet parking is $50 a night, so I would recomend people driving look for a cheaper garage or surface lot nearby.

Room Tip: If you are a hilton diamond try to get an upgrade to a spa room or suite. If you aren't a diamond, pay the extra money and reserve a spa corner room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jamie P
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We booked theWit by Doubletree, a Hilton hotel last weekend (Jan 28, 2012) for an event at the United Center. We travel quite a bit and primarly use Hilton hotels. We LOVE theWit! It is contemporary and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We typically ask for upgrades but didn't do so this time, however the "average" room was definately upscale and fabulous. The halls had a very soft nature sound and our room greeted us with soft music playing and a light on. The turn down service was a plate of fruit and warm cookies with 2 bottles of water. The bed and pillows are very comfortable. The bathroom did not have a tub (no big deal to us). The sink was unique and definately could not accomodiate washing your hair but no the less neat! Love this hotel and will definately stay again when in Chicago. The only negative we have to say is the resturant (within the hotel) for breakfast was NOT enjoyable. The waiter didn't bring our drinks, didn't refill them, 3 out of 4 of us had burnt food, the order was wrong for one of us and the bill was an outrageous amount. The waiter didn't even bring a pen to sign the bill. He never offered an apology either. The hotel location is within the theater district and a short way from downtown but the cab ride to the United Center was only $12, so downtown would not be too bad.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelfam61873
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I was prepared to give theWit a totally positive review, as I recently enjoyed a nice 2 night stay there for business. I have stayed at many other places in Chicago, and I will add theWit as a hotel to consider when coming to the city. The hotel is modern and clean, and the rooms are a nice size with comfortable beds, modern bathrooms, and a fairly updated look. The restaurant - State and Lake - was great, both at breakfast and lunch. As a Hilton Diamond member, I received breakfast vouchers (for a set $$ amount) that could be used at State and Lake toward any items on the breakfast menu - which was much nicer than the typical continental breakfast offering at other hotels. The hotel location is nice as well - right by the L and within walking distance to the State Street shopping and restaurants.

The only real disappointment, for me, came after I checked out and had been home for a few days. As a Diamond member, I received 2 small bottles of Fiji water in my room (along with oranges and a granola bar - very nice!). There was also a $6 bottle of Fiji water in my room (in addition to mini-bar offerings - which, it is important to note - the mini-bar is sensored, so if you move something, you are charged for it). I never touched the $6 bottle of water, but did drink one of my complimentary bottles of water during my stay. At check-out, my hotel folio showed no charges outside of room and tax... but when I checked my credit card statement, I was charged - TWICE - for the $6 bottle of water. I called the hotel and they have credited my card... but since this was a business trip, it will now create additional expense reporting hassles and delays me in completing my paperwork. Compared to the good things about my stay, this is not a major issue - but I felt it necessary to warn other travelers to beware of extra charges following the stay (a co-worker of mine experienced a similar issue). I don't usually have these types of issues within the Hilton hotel family, so this is a bit of a disappointment after an enjoyable hotel experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
PFamilyMiami, General Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Thanks for all the great feedback.

Our integrity (overall and in our processes) and accuracy in billing are cornerstones of the way we welcome guests at theWit. Billing errors that occur should be shared immediately and will be resolved to full satisfaction. It is certainly not our intent nor our practice to mis-post any charges for services and product enjoyed while here. We feel bad that any such mis-postings would make an impact on the overall experience.

We do appreciate details provided in reviews so that we may continue to improve and excel!

-Mark Shouger

Reviewed January 30, 2012

You know it's a Doubletree from the cookie at check-in, but very little else resembles the brand. Animal sounds replace music in the elevators and hallways, the rooms are nicely furnished with confortable beds and spacious desks, and the bathrooms are spacious and well-appointed. I had a spa room, which included a large soaking tub and separate shower in the bathroom (no jets in the tub). Diamond and Gold members receive free breakfast in the lobby restaurant (note that 18% gratuity will be added to your check automatically) Overall, staff seems eager to please. The central location means all of the State Street and other area attractions are within comfortable walking distance and everything else is convenient by EL or cab.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I could'nt even get the Bulls game on Friday night on in my room. How is that possible? Don't bother with "Roof" unless you're from somewhere that doenst have a building over 25 stories tall. Tiny, and I mean TINY club with not so impressive views and ridculous prices on alcohol. Just another overhyped downtown Hotel. Doesnt apppear as new as it is, the location really is not all that great given how many other places there are to stay downtown. Someone on tripasvors stated yiou should stay on the state side for the view, I was on the 24th floor and asked for state street side, and that is NOT the side to be on. If you are on that side and have a floor below 22 you'll see nothing but the building across the street. Go top floors and Lake side.

Room Tip: Do not select State street side.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Thomas A
PFamilyMiami, General Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

theWit has certainly rarely been described as less experiential than other hotels in the area- really in any area. Our team aims to offer More Experience Than Hotel for each guest, and our apologies if we fell short of that goal on any visit.

ROOF, State and Lake Chicago Tavern, Spa @theWit and SCREEN each offer activity & entertainment for hotel guets and locals alike. Broadway in Chicago, Millenium Park and great shopping are all within close walking distance. Most museums are less than a 5 minute drive away, and in good weather also walking distance as is Soldier Field.

During the business week, 90% of LOOP related business is also within walking distance.

Should guests need assistance in finding anything to do while here, our Experience Architects are available to assist.

Thank you for all comments.

-Mark Shouger