2,895 results
All reviews state and lake rooftop bar wit hotel birds chirping nature sounds warm cookies spa room the theater district the river the loop corner room hotel guests millennium park floor to ceiling windows the bean upon check blue line
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I stayed at theWit in January and it was the absolute perfect location for everything I planned into my visit. I went ice skating at Millennium Park, which was just a short walk away; I saw a musical at the gorgeous Oriental Theatre and had a delightful dinner and drinks in the hotel using their restaurant and bar. It was very safe walking around Michigan Avenue. The room I had overlooked the river up Michigan Avenue - beautiful at night. The staff were most friendly and helpful. The ROOF was very sexy - I can only imagine going outside in the summer. State and Lake was great for some small plates and conversation. I also worked out and the facility was clean and bright. I would definitely stay at the Wit again:)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
PFamilyMiami, General Manager at theWit Chicago - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2012

We are thrilled that guests are so thrilled with theWit Experience. Really, winter-spring-summer-fall all offer opportunities to enjoy Chicago, theWit, ROOF, State and Lake Chicago Tavern, Spa@theWit and SCREEN.

We are extremely appreciative of all business and guest visits.

Stay tuned for an all new ROOF experience starting in May.

Than You,

Mark Shouger

Reviewed February 1, 2012

We booked a room at this hotel as we were planning on seeing a concert at the Chicago Theater. We prepaid for the room via their website. The concert was postponed and we contacted the hotel to inquire into changing our reservation to the new date only to find that the hotel REFUSED to allow us to change the date and informed us that the $196.00 we had spent on the room would be lost. The customer service employees with Hilton were rude and were not accommodating at all. We will definitely stay at a different hotel for the rescheduled date of the show and would not recommend booking at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank obamatravel
PFamilyMiami, General Manager at theWit Chicago - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2012

In the future, please contact hotel directly (see hotel web site) for any such needs rather than booking centers.

Thank you.

-Mark Shouger

Reviewed January 31, 2012

I usually stay at Hilton brand hotels in the loop/downtown area when I am in Chicago and LOVE this property. This is my favorite hilton property in the Chicago area and one of my favorite Hilton properties in the US.

I was there this past weekend (1/27 to 29) and the stay was perfect as always. Hilton just started offering Suite upgrades at Hilton and DT properties this month, and this was my first stay at a property since the policy was instituted. They honored this policy and gave me Suite 2112, a beautiful spa corner suite. Plenty of room and a nice kitchen and sitting and dining area.

While I wish the property had a lounge, the breakfast is great. You get a $17 voucher for state/lake which covers anything on the menu I think except steak. Lots of items on the menu including red velvet pancakes and banana french toast (they used to have croque monsieur on the menu that I loved but didn't see it on there this time). We ate dinner there Saturday at State and Lake and the prices are reasonable for a hotel and the food was good.

The security is very good in the building. You must use your room key card to access the elevator and it will only work for the floor you are staying on.

No pool, and the fitness center is small. But the fitness center is open 24/7 and I have never had to wait on an elipitical machine and you have a good view outside from machines and there are also headphones available for use.

Bathroom was big and loved the soaking spa (althought I wish it had jets) and I love the bath products they use, I wish all Hiltons would use the bar bath soap they use. Only complaint I had there was there were two pairs of slippers and just one bathrobe in my robe. The slippers that I am assuming were for men since they were the biggest of the two were way too small for my feet (I could only get a few toes in them) and housekeeping never replaced the bathrobe that I used Friday night. When they cleaned the room Saturday they removed the robe and I asked the housekeeper on the floor for another robe and she didn't have one. Someone else from housekeeping knocked on my door about 10 minutes later and said they would be delivering another one shortly and they never did.

I also wish they had some kind of store in the lobby to buy things like soft drinks since there isn't a lounge, but there are plenty of stores nearby.

I flew and the orange and red lines are right outside the door and the blue line is only two blocks away. My friend drove and valet parking is $50 a night, so I would recomend people driving look for a cheaper garage or surface lot nearby.

Room Tip: If you are a hilton diamond try to get an upgrade to a spa room or suite. If you aren't a diamond, pay the extra money and reserve a spa corner room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jamie P
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We booked theWit by Doubletree, a Hilton hotel last weekend (Jan 28, 2012) for an event at the United Center. We travel quite a bit and primarly use Hilton hotels. We LOVE theWit! It is contemporary and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We typically ask for upgrades but didn't do so this time, however the "average" room was definately upscale and fabulous. The halls had a very soft nature sound and our room greeted us with soft music playing and a light on. The turn down service was a plate of fruit and warm cookies with 2 bottles of water. The bed and pillows are very comfortable. The bathroom did not have a tub (no big deal to us). The sink was unique and definately could not accomodiate washing your hair but no the less neat! Love this hotel and will definately stay again when in Chicago. The only negative we have to say is the resturant (within the hotel) for breakfast was NOT enjoyable. The waiter didn't bring our drinks, didn't refill them, 3 out of 4 of us had burnt food, the order was wrong for one of us and the bill was an outrageous amount. The waiter didn't even bring a pen to sign the bill. He never offered an apology either. The hotel location is within the theater district and a short way from downtown but the cab ride to the United Center was only $12, so downtown would not be too bad.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelfam61873
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I was prepared to give theWit a totally positive review, as I recently enjoyed a nice 2 night stay there for business. I have stayed at many other places in Chicago, and I will add theWit as a hotel to consider when coming to the city. The hotel is modern and clean, and the rooms are a nice size with comfortable beds, modern bathrooms, and a fairly updated look. The restaurant - State and Lake - was great, both at breakfast and lunch. As a Hilton Diamond member, I received breakfast vouchers (for a set $$ amount) that could be used at State and Lake toward any items on the breakfast menu - which was much nicer than the typical continental breakfast offering at other hotels. The hotel location is nice as well - right by the L and within walking distance to the State Street shopping and restaurants.

The only real disappointment, for me, came after I checked out and had been home for a few days. As a Diamond member, I received 2 small bottles of Fiji water in my room (along with oranges and a granola bar - very nice!). There was also a $6 bottle of Fiji water in my room (in addition to mini-bar offerings - which, it is important to note - the mini-bar is sensored, so if you move something, you are charged for it). I never touched the $6 bottle of water, but did drink one of my complimentary bottles of water during my stay. At check-out, my hotel folio showed no charges outside of room and tax... but when I checked my credit card statement, I was charged - TWICE - for the $6 bottle of water. I called the hotel and they have credited my card... but since this was a business trip, it will now create additional expense reporting hassles and delays me in completing my paperwork. Compared to the good things about my stay, this is not a major issue - but I felt it necessary to warn other travelers to beware of extra charges following the stay (a co-worker of mine experienced a similar issue). I don't usually have these types of issues within the Hilton hotel family, so this is a bit of a disappointment after an enjoyable hotel experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
PFamilyMiami, General Manager at theWit Chicago - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Thanks for all the great feedback.

Our integrity (overall and in our processes) and accuracy in billing are cornerstones of the way we welcome guests at theWit. Billing errors that occur should be shared immediately and will be resolved to full satisfaction. It is certainly not our intent nor our practice to mis-post any charges for services and product enjoyed while here. We feel bad that any such mis-postings would make an impact on the overall experience.

We do appreciate details provided in reviews so that we may continue to improve and excel!

-Mark Shouger