2,870 results
All reviewsstate and lakerooftop barwit hotelbirds chirpingnature soundswarm cookiesspa roomthe theater districtthe riverthe loopcorner roomhotel guestsmillennium parkfloor to ceiling windowsthe beanupon checkblue line
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We booked this trip for our anniversary and stayed a week. We could not pay for a suite for the entire stayed but booked it for our last two nights. When we arrived the front desk staff was wonderful. The greeted us warmly and were extremely polite. The noticed we booked the suite for the last two nights and gave it to us for the entire stay. The room was absolutely amazing. We had a great view of the Chicago River in our two bedroom suite. The decor was all modern but very comfortable and we even had a kitchen. The bed was so comfortable I did not want to get out of it in the morning. My wife was a huge fan of the giant bathroom and huge soaking tub. I could go on and on about how wonderful the room was but it is only half the story. We were there a week and seemed to have met every person on the staff there. They are all wonderful, polite and helpful. I was always treated like someone special. The bell staff was top notch too. They always held the door open for us no matter how busy they were. The only annoyance was the drunks on the weekend using the elevator to go up to the hip bar on the roof. But the staff always made sure we had an elevator. I would highly recommend this hotel and we liked it so much we are going back again this summer and staying at the Wit.

Room Tip: avoid the top floor as you can hear the bass from the hip club late into the night.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gfourman
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We stayed Friday night the 10th at the Wit. We arrived at about 730pm and valet was quick and wonderful. The check in process went so easy and friendly. The Concierge on duty was so nice and sweet to our daughter. Bell Person who brought up the luggage was great and the knowledge about our room and features was great.
I have to say the room lacks a bit. We had a 2 queen bedded room. There were two wash clothes, 2 hand towels and 3 bath towels. I could have called for more but I should not have to. With 2 queens they should know in Housekeeping that type of room usually has more than 2 people in it. Next was the dust we could write our names on the desk. I do understand with the heat on and this time of year dust does happen and the furniture is condusive to dust. The lamp between the two beds has two bulbs of which one was broke. I wanted to order dinner from in room dining there was no menu in the room I checked the on screen on the phone all I could get it to do was call room service. Yes I can call and ask for this but I do not want to I want it there. The beds were ok not the most comfortable in the city mattress wise but the comforter was great. The heating system was loud in our room and that made it hard to sleep. When taking a shower the hand held kept moving and spraying out to the floor. The only other thing I did not like about the room is the bathroom door is not easy to open and close. Would I stay again? I have to say I enjoy the city North of the river. I felt like unless you were there for business or to party at the Rooftop (which is incredible) this is not for us. If you have theater tickets and want a close hotel great location.
This was a hard review to write I really wanted to love the hotel and I have seen other rooms that were much nicer than ours and yes the suites are nice. The staff is all sooooo nice and easy to work with so I really just would suggest pick up on the little things and it could really be above average.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank nguyens
PFamilyMiami, General Manager at theWit Chicago - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

We enjoy the critiques. Our team, in all areas, aim to impress.

Please be assured that each and every detail in reviews are shared with appropriate teams, and actions are taken to ensure continuous improvement as we work towards "perfection."

Our brand and review-site rankings for staff service, cleanliness and accommodations are typically in the top percentages. We will ALL respond.

Thank you.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

I loved the Wit, exceeded expectations on all levels. When I arrived, checkin was speedy yet personable. All the staff was excellent -- I wish I would've taken note of their names. I was recognized as being a Hilton Gold member and given a couple of breakfast vouchers which could even be used for room service. This is uncommon, based on my experience.

I stayed in the Paramount Suite which was almost like having my very own condo downtown. The room was spotless and full of nice touches. With floor to ceiling windows in 3 directions, it made for a quite an experience. Room service in the morning was great, and thankfully I had $40 to apply to the bill.

I went up to the Roof on a Saturday night and was provided free cover charge. This place is pretty amazing even during the winter -- I can only imagine the crowd during the summer. Despite the noisy atmosphere my room was completely silent, even with the L below and the Roof bar up top.

I definitely will stay here again. In certain respects, The Wit has a few legs up on it's "Conrad" sister up north on Michigan Ave. It all depends on what you're looking for.

Room Tip: Though the Wit is not likely to give these away, the Paramount Suites from floors 20-25 are not to be missed. They all end in -01 and feature view of state street and the Lake.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank ben1233
PFamilyMiami, General Manager at theWit Chicago - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Wow! Thanks for another excellent review of theWit and theWit Experience. Be assured that we will share this with the team. Likewsie, we will eagerly await repeat visits and another opportunity to exceed expectations.

No secret. The Paramount Suites (as well as our variety of room and suite types) offer something special in terms of available space, comfort, design and views.

Thanks, so much!

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Stayed here for a long weekend while in the city. Hotel is very good, beds lovely and comfortable, both bars are worth a visit and on top of that it's in a great location. The only gripe I have is that I was woken up by house keeping 3 times, I had use the device found in the door handle (not a note you hang on the door like in most hotels) to say do not disturb but it seems housekeeping don;t look at this so knock on the door instead. Apart from that I would happily recommend theWit and will be staying there myself again next weekend but before I do I will pinch a 'do not disturb' sign from somewhere else! :)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
PFamilyMiami, General Manager at theWit Chicago - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Thank you for selecting theWit and for your good review of theWit eperience. We are sharing the critique with our team as I type this. Our quest for continuous improvement and excellence is paramount.

We appreciate all feedback.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I just moved back to Chicago after a few years away for work, so it is a common occurrence now to hear a native Chicagoan integrate into a conversation a name of a local eatery, hotel or hot spot and have me flinch because of the oh-no-I-don't-know-what-or-where-that-place-is kick.

This happened with theWit. We scheduled a meeting for work there... and I had never heard of it. So I, shamefully, pulled up directions and made my way there for the week-long meeting.

The customer service was amazing from the start and never faltered. There was excellent, quick follow-up with every request... and we asked for several additional printing jobs and office supplies during our stay.

The food was very good. I ate in the hotel several times over the week and their options and flavors were very wide-ranging. Cooking a buffet-style meal for several hungry managers is no easy task, but they didn't overcook the meat, the pretzel rolls are heavenly and even the salad dressings were excellent.

The front desk and valet staff were very friendly ("Good Morning, Miss!") and there is a beautiful view of Wacker and the water from some of the rooms. There is very traditional "Chicago Noise" (car horns, 'L' trains, sirens, etc.) because of the location, but that should be expected. I recommend this hotel to tourists who want excellent service and a location that makes it easy to walk to downtown sites and don't mind or actively want modern decor.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Erica319
PFamilyMiami, General Manager at theWit Chicago - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

You found us, and we are appreciative. theWit team enjoys thrilling local neighbors, road warriors, domestic travelers and international visitors alike. Likewise, our group of individuals aim to exceed expecations for individual business, group & event and leisure travelers all in unique and specific ways.

Guests who may have been here once should ensure - on any future visits- to find the part of theWit they may not have discovered before. Whether ROOF (which will see enhancements and a striking addition this summer), State and Lake Chicago Tavern, Spa@theWit and SCREEN (the private movie screening & entertainment area) or a variety of suite & room types, this is definitely a more-than-one-visit experience.

We are quite appreciative of specific reviews which highlight many of the unique features available, and we look forward to hosting repeat visits for each of our fans.