“Solo Getaway!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Park City, Utah
“Solo Getaway!”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Fabulous Kimpton property in a great location (Red Line across the street Grand/State)! From the welcome email that I received 2 days prior to my visit from Ms. Benes (thanks Ashlee for remembering all my room requests!) , to all the smiles and service I encountered during my two night stay from every single employee! Loved the ETRO amenities, the Chicken and Waffles at Sable, the comfy bed and all the other perks when you become a Kimpton Loyalty member at no cost! This is not the biggest and grandest hotel in Chicago, but definitely a gem of a property and my place of choice when I return to Chicago!

Room Tip: Definitely check out Sable the in house restaurant! Great prices!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (623)
Zionsville, Indiana
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This hotel was awesome. Valet was quick, what a beautiful hotel. Check in and check out were so quick. Elevators were fast.

There was virtually no noise by people walking by in the hall way, and outside the room was what you'd expect, emergency vehicles going by and waking you up. Not a big deal, because the best part of the hotel were the beds. They happen to be the most comfortable thing I've ever slept on.

1 Thank DogButt
Chicago

Room 1004
Absolutely Perfect!!
The room is a suite with 2 complete wall of windows.
A small sitting area and a bathroom to die for.
Deep soaker tub, free standing shower as well.
The restaurant downstairs is quite nice as well, although a bit pricey.
Overall great stay!

• Stayed February 2012
Malibu, CA
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Of the 500 plus "Excellent" rated reviews, I'm at a loss to add any other observations or accolades, other than to convey my gratitude to Mark and Bobby for making our stay special.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
GMPalChi, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear Gitane48:

Thank you for your short but sweet review of our property. We truly appreciate all of the kind words and especially for pointing out how great Bobby and Mark are. We hope to see you stay with us again soon.

All the best,

Nabil Moubayed
GM - Palomar Chicago
Finger Lakes NY
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Room was perfect, rate was very reasonable, great location, staff was so friendly. Fridge was not chilling so maintenance not only replaced it w/in 5 minutes, they gave us free drinks w/o requests. This hotel is about friendly customer service!!

• Stayed February 2012
Dear rarhode:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review you wrote. I am glad we were able to fix the fridge so quickly for you.

We look forward to your return to the Palomar Chicago.

All the best,

Nabil Moubayed
GM - Palomar Chicago
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My fiance and I are getting married in Chicago in September, and stayed at the Palomar over President's Day weekend while we took care of wedding business. I can not say enough great things about this property (but I'll try to limit my review to the highlights):

1. The staff - I emailed the management a few weeks before our stay to request a room on a high floor. Not only did they accomodate us, but they also upgraded our room to a FANTASTIC suite and had the room ready for my 10am arrival. They also sent my fiance and I a bottle of sparkling wine on the evening of our anniversary.

2. The room - Out of control awesome...floor to ceiling windows, seperate sitting area with a couch and comfy chair, great bed, huge closets, and the best tub I've ever seen (seriously...it fit two comfortably and could probably have fit five somewhat awkwardly). I would also recommend becoming a Kimpton In-Touch member - the service is free and it provides you with ammenities like a newspaper in the morning, pillow menu, free Wi-Fi, and a $10 raid the mini bar credit.

3. The restaurant - Excellent food and a drink menu that could astound even the most seasoned drinker (which I am certainly not). I loved the half portion option. My fiance and I wanted to try a few things, so ordered five small plates which will all great. I highly recommend the Short Rib Sliders!

4. Location - 15 minute walk to Hancock Tower, 15 minute walk to Millenium Park, and an inexpensive cab ride to pretty much anywhere. Perfect.

...so in case you're still unsure about staying here...BOOK IT NOW, thank me later. We'll be reserving a block of rooms for our wedding weekend, and know that our guests will be very well taken care of!

Room Tip: Email the managment before your stay!
1 Thank Rory0110
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My husband and I chose The Palomar for a long weekend (February 17-20). I made reservations online and made a note that we would be celebrating our Anniversary and coming from out of town (We live in Denver). Upon arrival the staff member who checked us in wished us "Happy Anniversary" and was very polite and helpful. When we arrived at our room there was a nice note from the manager of the hotel along with a bottle of champagne to celebrate our special occasion. What a wonderful touch!!

I can't think of one negative thing about this hotel or the hotel staff. Staff members went out of their way to help us and were always smiling!! The room was great - ask for a high floor - the city view is wonderful!! The location is great - perfect walking distance to shopping, restaurants, and more! We didn't eat at Sable, but we did stop in for a cocktail - AMAZING!

Thank you Hotel Palomar for a wonderful trip, we'll be back soon!!

Room Tip: High floors have a great view!