“many cool things at this hotel”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #20 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chicago, Illinois
“many cool things at this hotel”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

we spent one night here for an in town mini vacation. the rooms are very modern with hardwood floors. comfy bed and pillows, huge bathroom with a rain shower head and a wand attachment that i couldn't figure out how to use. there's a CVS store downstairs open til midnight, that comes in handy to keep out of the expensive mini bar. staff was friendly. the pool and hot tub were ok,but the steam room was really cool and something you don't see too often in a hotel. another cool part---half court basketball!!! the fitness center is open all night which is where the steam room and court are--super cool. a great location right by the trains and millennium park . this is a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: there are 18 floors, so the higher the better
1 Thank pozdowny
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed the hotel and that basketball court and steam room were your favorites. I hope to see you again soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (794)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sherwood, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We recently stayed at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel for a long weekend. We have stayed at many hotels in Chicago and Milwaukee but this hotel is definitely a gem. The hotel is newly opened but did not feel like there was any inexperience at all. Fillini restaurant was wonderful and Michael was extremely helpful in making our breakfast delightful. The poached egg with salmon bacon was exquisite! Archtecturally, this hotel is stunning and the lobby sitting area with the full length horizontal fireplace is so comforting. We sat there each night with a drink and it was so relaxing. The rooms are really spacious and have a safe, full bar, rain fall shower and very comfortable beds. I cannot say enough about the weight room, athletic equipment, half basketball court and lap pool. We spent half of our time in that area and I never played so much "horse" in the basketball court as I did that weekend. The lap pool is perfect temperature for doing laps. i can't wait to stay in the summer to experience the outdoor track and pool! The lighting in the rooms and bathrooms are a bit dark. The room had a balcony which is also nice surprise in a hotel. The location is perfect for going to Navy Pier or the shopping district.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dawn B
Thank you so much for your review! I am honored to see that you had such a nice time at the hotel and that you enjoyed our facilities! I have passed along your compliments to Michael and to our Chef! Thanks again; I hope to see you back at the hotel soon!

Council Bluffs, Iowa
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I picked this hotel because it looked modern and I wanted to have a decent view if I was going to stay in downtown Chicago. I booked it to surprise my boyfriend for Valentines day, and I was not disappointed. I led him in and you could just see his eyes pop. The building itself is exquisite, but once you're inside the atmosphere is warm, modern, and exciting. The staff were excellent, very pleasant and helpful, and I really felt like they wanted our stay to be the best it could possibly be.
We stayed in a Park Suite, which I didn't realize until I checked in, came with free access to the Business Lounge on the seventeenth floor. Great surprise! The continental breakfast served there was another fun perk. The room itself was beautiful, with wood floors, and it smelled very fresh the moment you walked in. Everything was clean, and the decor was perfect. Loved every bit of it.
Now, of course, as you can expect, there are deals out there, but if you intend to ransack the minibar or order roomservice, you'll be paying plenty extra. But as I've already said, this place is worth every penny. We will definitely be back.

1 Thank Sarah H
Thank you so much for the review! I am happy to see that you and your boyfriend had such a nice valentine's celebration with us and that you were happy with your choice to stay here! Thanks again for your comments; we hope to see you back again soon!

Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Hubby and I escaped to Chicago for a romantic pre-Valentine's Day weekend. We loved our balcony room on the 11th floor. The king-sized bed was really comfortable and we slept like babies. We had lots of time to relax in the room and a great plus was the adjustable reading lights on either side of the bed. Lots of little amenities like the ipod deck, free bottled water, and adjustable make-up mirror made this room awesome. The large walk-in shower was nice and steamy hot, but our hand-held sprayer didn't work, unfortunately. The staff was friendly and professional, including the nice bar-tender who made me an unusual orange mixed drink with a sprig of thyme. If you visit during the winter, be sure to warm up in the lounge next to the 25 foot fireplace. This hotel is highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Thank you for leaving us a review! I am thrilled to see that you and your husband enjoyed your romantic get-away at the hotel! I have also passed on your compliments to our bar staff about the orange drink. Thanks again for the recommendation! We hope to see you back again soon!

Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The Aqua building has always been my favourite building in Chicago, and when I saw a Groupon for the new Radisson hotel that opened there I bought 2 nights immediately.
The hotel is very modern - the rooms are immaculate with clean lines and minimalistic design. Loved the radio/dock for our iPod which also included an aux port for my Android. I used the free WiFi to connect to Sirius to play in the room which was an added bonus.
I bought the upgrade waiting list option for a corner room with King Bed. Totally worth it at the discounted rate of $20 a night. We were on the 5th floor, so the view wasn't that great, but I was just thrilled to be IN the buildling. We could see a sliver of the park and Navy Pier.
Because it was Feb, the outdoor poor was closed - but you could tell that it must be lovely in the summer time. There is an indoor lap pool but there are only 2 lanes, so it's a bit limited. There is also a super hot spa (jacuzzi) there and a port for your iPod so you can play your own music while enjoying the pool/hot tub.
The pillows were very soft - but comfy for us. The bed also very comfy. The toiletries were nice, though I found the conditioner wasn't that great even though it was "Made in France". The shower is funky - with a rain-style shower head, and an secondary Chrome shower handle.
The door men are very friendly, and the lounge/Filini bar are very funky. The bathrooms on the main floor are really crazy - with mirrored tile covering the walls from floor to ceiling.
Location is great - very close to Michigan, but on a quiet street so very little vehicle traffic.

1 Thank wheresheroams
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a nice review! I am honored that you think the building is beautiful inside and out and to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I have passed your compliments on to our team! We hope to see you back again soon; thanks again!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend and the hotel is pretty amazing. When we arrived we were welcomed by a friendly doorman (Bob) who helped us with our bags and escorted us to the Front Desk to check in. The gentleman that checked us in was very nice and professional and explained all the details to us. We were brought up to our room by the door or bellman. The room decor was not our taste. It was very dark and just not our preference so we called the Front Desk after spending a few minutes in the room and were politly offered to move to another room. The new room was much lighter, very clean and we loved it. The lobby is amazing. They have a 50ft long fire place with a loungy area in front which is great to enjoy some drinks at night. The bar seemed busy but we still got served in a timely manner. Server was very friendly as well.
However during our stay we did have several issues with room service and the housekeeping service. We ordered breakfast Saturday and were waiting and waiting and waiting. An hour passed, we called and they told us they have not gotten an order from our room! Are you kidding me? They then took our order a second time and promised the food will be up shortly. After we finished breakfast we called to ask housekeeping to clean our room and asked the concierge on our way out for some sightseeing tips. He also gave us some great recommendations for dinner that night. We came back to the hotel after exploring Chicago only to find a dirty room that has not been cleaned yet. We were pretty annoyed by that fact because we were planning on getting ready for dinner.
They have a fancy system on their TV's that supposley show you the room service menu and information about the hotel which didn't work as well.
For Sunday morning we asked for a wake up call at 8am that we never received as well. I understand that the hotel is brand new and they are still working out the issues but we could have missed our flight if we would not have set our alarm ourselves.
Anyway, when we came down to the Front Desk to check out, we met one of the nicest employees ever. Jessica was the manager that morning and she was so understanding and helpful. She offered several solutions and was simply outstanding. We were a little disappointed when we came down to check out but by the time we left we forgot about all the issues due to excellent service from your manager. She is a keeper!
If we visit Chicago again we will definitely be back and give the hotel another try.

Room Tip: Parkview is a good choice!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your overall stay, but would like to apologize for the complications that you mentioned. I have addressed your coments with both our housekeeping and room service managers and we are working diligently to repair the issue you mentioned with the television system. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience we caused for you. I would also like to thank you for you wonderful comments about Bob and Jessica. I have passed these on to each of them and they were truly honored that you took the time to mention them by name. I hope that you will give us another chance on your next visit to the city!

Creedmoor, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 February 2012

The Blu is a modern hotel with well appointed rooms. There's two free bottles of water every day in the room, which is becoming more and more rare in hotels. I was here for a business trip with lots of catered meetings, and the food was always good with a wide variety. The meeting spaces are easy to get to and well equipped. Internet access was free in the rooms but never worked in the meeting areas. Cell phone coverage is terrible here though.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Gbmyers
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Thank you so much for leaving us a review! I am happy to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and that your experience with our banquets department was positive! I have passed along your compliments to the Chef! I would like to apologize for the issues that you mentioned. We are looking into your comments and working diligently to ensure that they are corrected for future visits. We hope to see you again soon!