“Wonderful experience!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

The Radisson Blu in the Aqua building is beautiful. We stayed for a weekend getaway with family and friends and did not want to leave! The decor is very chic and modern yet had a homey feel. The furniture was unique in design and quite comfortable. Our bed was also extremely lush! We had a suite with a balcony and a gorgeous view. There were lots of things to do just in the hotel itself: swim, gym, indoor basketball court, saunas, outdoor track, movie room, to name a few. The employees were very nice, extremely helpful and we had great service the whole time we were there! We had dinner at the hotel restaurant and the service was outstanding, the food delicious! The hotel is centrally located so it is convenient to most places in downtown Chicago. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: All rooms were great. We were with two other families with different rooms and all of our rooms wer...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Thank you for the review! I am thrilled that you had such a nice time at the hotel and that you were able to utilize some of our amenities. I have also shared your compliments with our chef! Thanks again; I hope to see you back again soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (812)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 3 April 2012

we had an expensive pair of jeans n shirt on hanger and either was taken from cart while bellhops took our luggage from car to room or vice versa......really sucks cuz we loved our stay otherwise....keep your luggage with you at all times!

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ann b
Thank you for leaving us a review. I am truly sorry that there was a problem with your luggage when you stayed at the hotel. I have messaged you directly hoping to get more information so that we can look further into this. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to recoup your confidence in us.

wisconsin
Reviewed 2 April 2012

this hotel has extremely contemporary style but still feels comfortable. my corner lake view room has 2 comfortable queen beds, desk, and extra chair and a balcony. it had a beautiful bathroom with rainshower but no tub. in room coffee was a single cup lavazza machine.

somebody commented about the elevators - they suck. the doors close way too quickly! in the lobby you have to stand considerably back from the doors due to a built out mirrored entry-way. by the time everybody piles out of the elevator the doors are already closing. usually you wait too long for the doors to close and you start frantically pressing the 'close door' button but not here. not fun when you are traveling with children.

the breakfast was menu only (no buffet) but was perhaps the best hotel breakfast i have had in a long time. it was *expertly* prepared - the eggs, meat, potatoes, everything. i would go back to this hotel just for the breakfast...

if arriving via GPS - do yourself a favor and plug in 225 n columbus or the address of the fairmont. if you plug in 221 n columbus you enter from lower wacker and it is very confusing and unpleasant.

the lobby and bar are drop dead gorgeous. enjoy your stay!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank lemonjuicer
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review; I am happy that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. I have passed along your compliments to the Chef regarding the breakfast service and he was honored! I am also looking into your comments about the elevators and am truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused for you. Thanks again; I can't wait for you to come back to the hotel!

Waunakee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed 3/31/2012 at the Radisson Blu Aqua and absolutely loved the experience. Staff were very helpful and the concierge recommended a great brazilian restaurant. It is in a great location to walk to many great Chicago sights and restaurants. The rooms are gorgeous! The bed was very comfy too. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarahb2011-12
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel and that the concierge recommended you a great restaurant! I hope that we see you back again soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Turned my business trip into a relaxing getaway!
Absolutely the coolest and most lovely hotel...great staff, great amenities,

Room Tip: Room 823, fantastic views and beautiful space! The best hotel, I've been at in a very long time...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Maureen P
Thank you for the review! I am glad that we were able to help make your work trip a relaxing getaway! I hope that we see you back again soon!

Michigan
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed @ the Blu Aqua my birthday weekend of Mar 23. I experienced no wait @ check-in & was told that my request for upgrade to a room w/ a balcony had been granted. Upon entering my room, I was pleasantly surprised to see that my room upgrade was to a corner balcony. My "naturally cool" room It was spacious, uncluttered & very comfortable. There was even a birthday surprise awaiting my arrival, which was a very nice (and delicious) touch! ;+)

My room (1602) is considered a city view rm; however, from the balcony (during the unseasonably warm spring temps that we enjoyed) I enjoyed slices of Navy Pier, the Chicago River & Millennium Park. It very much enjoyed experiencing the changing visibility as the thick fog rolled in/out over the weekend.

The beds were very comfortable and there was a contemporary desk, chair, flat screen TV & 2nd chair for guests' comfort.

The bathroom was spacious, and included a built-in toilet (w/ 2-stage flushing feature), separate soaking tub and huge walk-in rain shower. I was particularly impressed w/ the dual (1) one-touch lighting switches in the bedroom, (2) lighting switches in the bathroom, & (3) thermostats for bed & bath, as it's the small details that are so important in maximing comfort.

Though modern w/ clean lines, neither the room nor the bath felt "cheap" in any way - which unfortunately is how modern is sometimes presented.

Took a self-guided tour of the Blu Aqua's faciliities and was blown away by the size of the fitness area (w/ machines, dumbbells & kettlebells), 1/2 basketball court, sauna and steam room, locker room, game room (w/ poker table, pool table & flat screen TV), media room (w/ overstuffed chairs), indoor lap pool and outdoor terrace (including pool closed for season), perrennial plantings, gas grills, seating & walking/jogging path). I've seen comparable hotel facilities nowhere I've ever been. Blu Aqua definitely benefits from is location w/ the Aqua condominiums on the bldg's upper floors.

The hotel's staff was outstanding as well, pleasant, cheerful and helpful - w/o being bothersome.

Love the area of downtown S of the river & E of Michigan Ave, as it's a convenient location w/o the intense traffic that plagues much of the rest of downtown. I visit Chicago regularly, and took advantage of the Blu Aqua's proximity to the Millennium Station and took the Metra train to church on Sun - leaving my car parked. I was even more impressed that the train ran on schedule (down to the minute). Over the course of the weekend, although I heard a few sirens from the fire station next door, those interruptions were intermittent & very brief.

Didn't eat in Fillini, but it's bright, vibrant & stylish. They'd even opened the accordion windows facing the street, which lended a very nice effect and will add to the streetscape in nice weather.

Did enjoy lunch from nearby Marianno's during my visit, which has an incredible prepared food area that takes up most of the market's 3rd floor, where the food was appetizing, varied (including a sushi bar) and reasonably priced.

My "old" favorite Chicago hotel is a boutique property on State Street in River North. I'll only give you a hint about my hands-down new fave: It's a color! ;+) And I've already booked my next trip.

Room Tip: Request an upper corner room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Jamerican1906
I can't thank you enough for your fantastic review! I am honored that you celebrated your birthday with us and that you enoyed the hotel and all that we have to offer our guests. I have shared your review with everyone on our team and we really were touched by your kind words. We hope to see you back at the hotel soon! Thanks again!

milwaukee, wisconsin
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This is by far my favorite hotel in Chicago. We started with a cocktail in the Fellini lounge. Awesome! When we got to our room, it was so nice. The beds were soft and fantastic, and there were extra pillows in the closet. We also had a rainfall shower. The location was near all the local fun, and we could see the lake and Navy pier from our balcony. I would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: A lake view is of course a perk. It was beautiful.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank tam646
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Thank you for a great review; I am honored to be your favorite hotel in Chicago! I hope that we see you back at the hotel soon. Thanks again!