The Villa Toscana
US$599
US$484
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$399
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$946
US$607
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$330
US$288
All reviewsprivate bathwrigley fieldthe inn keeperhalsted stchicago dinerbars and restaurantscontinental breakfastwould stay againlots of great restaurantsterrific locationcouple of nightsfew blocksgreat weekendcomfortable roomwalking distancelake michiganboystown
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Don't let the cost fool you. All Chicago hotel rates are high. Here you get more. If you like to walk, then this is the place. Both airports, all sightseeing, and downtown are connected by the train. You're in the center of the Halstead community of numerous gay friendly restaurants, stores, and bars. At night, Chicago can be dangerous. Never walk alone.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 12 June 2011

My wife and I stayed here for several days during a recent trip to Chicago. The rooms were smaller than we anticipated, but it was a reasonable trade off for the location in the city. The B&B is a couple blocks from the nearest metro station, and there are several great bars and restaurants surrounding it. We also enjoyed having access to a front porch and garden -- a seemingly rare commodity in town.

The staff was friendly and accessible, although they are not on sight all day. Nevertheless, they are a phone call away and very helpful when needed. The Villa Toscana may not be for everyone, simply because of the small rooms (and bed depending on the room), but it is a good place for those who enjoy old houses and are willing to make some trade-off's to stay in Chicago's trendy North Side. When we visit Chicago next time, we plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yevlakh_Rambler
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Location, Location,,this is a great place and its right boytown gay district. Bars, Restaurants are just step away. its a cute place and very clean. Joyce who is working also very nice. I highly recommend it. I def stay here again if I go back to Chicago.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2011

I read the other reports on here and I have to admit to having serious reservations about staying in this establishment. However I have to say that I am perplexed as to how this place could receive any negative reports. Joy was welcoming helping with my travel itinerary and going way beyond the call of duty. The area is predominantly gay and very safe to walk around with good access to downtown on the el. I stayed in room 2 which was very comfortable had a great sleep. Would not hesitate to return

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank paulyp80
Reviewed 18 September 2010

As I write this I am in bed CRINGING. I was aware this was going to be bad just because it was way to homegrown for me. Very nice people TRYING to run it but its basically a collapsing house where they try to rent out themed rooms. I had the misfortune of being in a "garden room " which means BASEMENT hole. I should have turned around and left but then I thought "how bad could it be." After a few drinks around 1 am i get back and think - well at least the bed will be comfortable. I pull back the comforter and top sheet and find black hairs all over the bed and the main base sheet covered with YELLOW stains. Horrified, I call the main number and the woman is very apologetic, but says that nobody is "awake" now so they can't do anything... That they would change the sheets tomorrow. Seriously disgusting. There is just NO WAY this can happen in any reputable place... I have been laying all night on a towel on my bed not sleeping just skeeved out. This place has no business whatsoever renting even the cheapest rooms like this. Steer Clear.

M