City Suites Hotel
Kinzie Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$220
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$199
Hotels.com
US$215
US$193
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$152
US$149
  • Fitness centre
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$144
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$279
US$195
  • Restaurant
All reviewswrigley fieldbelmont stationcontinental breakfastann sathercubs gametrain stationgreat locationhard boiled eggshonor baryogurtshower gelan older buildingbrown linesmall hotelmini barwithin walking distancecity noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Loved the location of the hotel. We jumped off of the Red Line on Belmont exited the station, turned right and BAM! there is the hotel. We were able to get all over the city from this location. Yes, you can hear the train and on weekend nights, you hear the revellers in the alley (if your room is on that side), but we don't mind "city" noise. I always pack a pair of earplugs when I travel anyway, just in case. I only used the earplugs one night.

Aside from that, the hotel is walking distance from Wrigleyville, restaurants, bars, clubs and a jazz club. Anywhere else you want to go, just jump on the train. The crowd was mostly college age outside of the hotel, but the hotel had a more "refined" clientel. The room was well appointed and had a real nice feel to it. The bed was comfortable. I thought it was cute that they sold little souveniers in the minibar as well as full bottles of wine. The desk staff was very friendly and helpful our entire stay. I always like that. One thing of note, the elevator is TINY! Watch out if you bring a lot of luggage or large bags. My husband and I just fit with our carry on luggage.

Overall, we liked City Suites and would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the train.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I had no idea where to stay on my first trip to Chicago. Finding an apartment for my daughter was the goal and so I wanted a hotel close to public transportation. I am glad we decided to stay at City Suites. The train station is right next door and you can connect to all the different lines that will take you in every direction. Noise wasn't a problem for us but maybe that was because our room didn't face the train platform. Regardless, the hotel is very nice, the staff exceptionally friendly and helpful and the rooms provided plenty of room with two separate areas, each one with its own flat screen TV. There is free wifi, a mini bar, refrigerator and all the other usual amenities. The free continental breakfast offered everything we wanted and was well maintained. There is coffee and hot water 24/7 and fresh cookies in the afternoon. The lounge with fireplace provided a quiet spot to read and relax. I have only two complaints: Housekeeping often didn't get to make up our room until quite late in the afternoon even though the "Housekeeping Please" tag was hung on our door early each morning. The wall air conditioners were old, a little noisy and didn't quite cool down the room to my satisfaction. The ceiling fans helped but I like a REALLY cool room.
Overall, City Suites is a very good hotel and I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train platform.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank yolos
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I stayed in a room on the front side of the hotel on the second floor. It was a nice, clean, and comfortable room but was very noisy. The train station next door meant that late at night and early in the morning you could hear the train and the announcements. The radiator in the bathroom made lots of noises through the night as well. My room was small, but well furnished. I am not a light sleeper and was very tired the week that I stayed here so all the noise didn't bother me too much, but this is something to keep in mind if noise keeps you awake.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank TijuanaJuan
Reviewed 16 January 2012

My family recently stayed at the City Suites and found it to be just lovely. The standard rooms are rather small, my husband and I upgraded to a suite which was spacious and comfortable though not especially stylish or trendy.

A few upsides that we found include:
--the fabulous shower: I honestly can't remember the last time I had a shower that great (other than at home!)
--The location: if you want to be near Lakeview and right on the L, this is a great option. It also close to things like a frozen yogurt shop, a Jamba Juice, a Potbelly, Ann Sathers, etc...
--There is a lovely "living room" where we spent time relaxing - coffee and tea all day, a microwave, a fireplace and cookies in the afternoon, it was very cozy and comfortable.
--A basic breakfast is included with the room and wifi is free!
--The staff were really helpful and eager to please!

The only downside I can think of is that it was a bit noisy - we could hear people talking both in the hallway outside our room and also outside on the street. My uncle's room was on the other side of the hallway from ours and he said that he could hear the announcement from the platform of the L...

That said, if you don't mind a bit of noise, it's great value for the price!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the City Suites Hotel, Staff very friendly and helpful from check in till check out. Room very comfortable, up & down side to this hotel is it proximity to the L (maybe 100’), we could hear they platform announcements from our room, if you are a light sleeper this will most likely be a problem for you and I recommend staying somewhere else. The heat situation in the rooms with the radiators was a bit of an issue, not knowing a 100% how they work it did make the room temperature a little tricky to regulate. To me these minor issues would not keep me from stay at this hotel again (I will be staying here again in the spring to go to a Cubs game).

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends