I booked the Sofitel for $113 a night on Hotwire, which is a pretty good deal to begin with. I had called a few weeks prior to arrival to ask for a high floor room and a king bed. When we arrived, they informed us that Hotwire bookings are for "standard" rooms, floors 14 and below. They could not grant our request, but they did give us a room on the 14th floor with a terrific view of the Hancock Tower. I was very pleased with how this was handled. Some hotels (especially upscale ones) will treat you like second-class guests if you book through Hotwire or Priceline. I feel the Sofitel treated our request with respect and did the next best thing to giving us an actual upgrade. This earned major points from me right from the start.
The location of the hotel is great, right between Rush and State streets on Chestnut St. This means you are just steps from a great breakfast at Tempo Cafe, great pizza at Pizanos, groceries at the Potash market, bars and restaurants on Rush St, and Michigan Ave shopping.
The lobby is not huge, but has a welcoming vibe...a little bit dark and classy feel to it, with fresh flowers all around. The restaurant is on your left when you enter. We didn't dine there, but they do have free coffee and tea at the restaurant bar in the morning.
There are 5 elevators, so we never had to wait for one. The room, 1411, was excellent. It is of medium size with a large bathroom. The room has a comfy king bed, a Bose radio with iPhone connection, large windows, soft carpet, and FREE wireless internet. The internet is not blazing fast, but it is free. The bathroom is spacious and very clean, with a separate walk-in shower and bathtub. The L'Occitane bath products are excellent. The housekeeping staff is great. You never even notice them, they are so efficient.
I've wanted to stay at the Sofitel for years, and it didn't disappoint. It compares favorably to our stays at the Hilton Conrad and the Westin River North, also in Chicago. We would definitely stay here again, especially with a great price on Hotwire.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile bids you welcome with world-class downtown Chicago hotel accommodations - minutes from Michigan Avenue, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the Art Institute, and trendy boutiques. Designed by the French architect Jean-Paul Viguier, our downtown Chicago Illinois hotel is a 32-floor prism of glass, boasting 415 rooms, including 33 luxurious suites. Embrace modern design and rich architectural legacy at this luxury hotel in downtown Chicago, Illinois. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Sofitel Chicago Water Hotel
- Sofitel Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Sofitel