“Total confusion”

Cuisines: Seafood
Neighbourhood: Lake View
Neighbourhood: Lake View
Reviewed April 20, 2016

I am gluten free. In the past I have loved this restaurant because they had clams breaded in corn meal --the same as in Maine. Drove in Tuesday night from the suburbs. No clams. Never dreamt of calling. Ok. I've had lobster bisque there in the past. Now I'm told it's not gluten free. Huh? Change of recipe.? I was told however, that I could eat the oyster crackers since they were made with flour, not wheat! Cancelled the whole thing. Was told I could order anything off the chefs specials. Ok. Macaroni with lobster? Crab cakes made with bread crumbs? Had marvelous mussels. However , they're so confused, the put the toast into the plate of mussels. Then proceeded to,charge us for the lobster bisque.
On a good note, the mussels were probably the best we've ever had. My husband enjoyed his lobster roll. Looked wonderful. They have to get their act together before someone really gets ill.

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank Helen H

Reviewed April 16, 2016 via mobile

It's a small and good seafood restaurant. We had clam chowder and lobster rolls, these tasted well. Next time will try to have some fish items from the menu.

Reviewed March 16, 2016

In a sparsely furnished fish market, New England Seafood Company provides table service in a compact space. The food is excellent, the service is efficient and congenial, and the prices are exceptional! A great little restaurant at a great price!

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed March 15, 2016

I lived in Boston (Baaahston) for years and visited there frequently, so I'm fairly picky about New England seafood. But this place rocks! We had clam chowder, fried clams, and fish and chips at our table...all were excellent. Possibly the best friend clams I've had in years, including in the Boston area (fresh, juicy, not to oily, served piping hot)...well, should have been for $30! Wish they had a hoppy IPA on draft, but selection not so bad. About the only thing missing were Boston accents.

Reviewed March 5, 2016

Waited an hour for a table of 5 in a smaller dining room that was packed for a Friday night. The staff as delightful as they were are not equipped to handle a crowd. Our table had lobster bisque, cioppino, fish fry, shrimp platter and a lobster roll. Almost across the board the consensus was the food was a bit bland. I myself am ok with light seasoning especially on seafood because I like the fresh flavors to shine. Bisque was good. Cioppino was light with a bit of spice. The fish fry was nice and juicy while crisp. The shrimp were lightly batter and good as well. And the lobster roll was middle of the pack in terms of size. All in all we would probably return to explore some other menu items.