“First Visit...... And not our last !!”

New England Seafood Company Fish Market
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed December 10, 2016 via mobile

Stopped in last night for dinner around 6:00 pm. The place was maybe half full after we sat down. The have menus plus a giant chalkboard on the wall which in certain changes daily and by seasons. I loved the fact it's a manageable menu and not overwhelming. Our server was super friendly but not in a business friendly... More like by the time we left, she treated us like we've dined there every day and we were friends..... Great experience on the service side. Food was really good. I'm not a big fan of fried fish except shrimp, but the fish & chips were exceptional and flaky to perfection. Surf & turf burger was awesome as was the lobster grilled cheese. The star of the show was their soups. Clam chowder and a lobster bisque, both were fantastic and the clam chowder is loaded with fresh clams and was one of the best I've ever had. Overpriced? Not a chance when your getting this type of quality and great service. I feel the prices are in line for seafood..... That's flown in daily from the Boston seaboard! $10 for a bowl .... No, a big bowl of clam chowder that is easily enough for two people is reasonable in my opinion. Thanks Rebecca for a great experience and we will certainly be back soon!

Reviewed October 26, 2016 via mobile

We arrived to a cold and rainy Chicago. Hot soup is so good on a cold day so we wanted clam chowder. This restaurant came up and was the closest so we went there. The clam chowder was probably the top best we have had. It has a lot of clams and not drowned with just potatoes. The service was fast and efficient. We left warm and satisfied.

Reviewed October 6, 2016

Sure this probably isn't the best seafood joint out there but it's delicious, it's fresh and it's much closer than Maine. It'll satisfy your lobster roll craving. We've gone a few times now and it's been consistently good. Weeknights didn't feel too packed so the wait isn't terrible. The fried plates are best eaten there, not so great as takeout. Unless you like soggy food! Overall it's good enough to come back to which I'm sure we will.

Reviewed June 23, 2016

A somewhat limited menu. Beware the menu in the restaurant has fewer selections than the online menu. I had clam chowder that was okay, but not great. My wife had fried shrimp that had almost no breading. The kicker, NO FREE REFILLS ON TEA! Being from the south we drink lots of tea with a meal. Imagine our surprise when we got our bill and we had been charged $2.50 for each glass! Made an over-priced meal even more so. Certainly not a restaurant we would frequent.

1  Thank Tommy M
Reviewed May 17, 2016

We visited New England Seafood Company Fish Market for a Mother's Day treat. Several of us had the Combo platters with Sword Fish, Shrimp and Salmon. The menu boasts of generous portions. That was not the case. The sword fish and salmon were tasty, though the shrimp were tiny and overcooked. The fish portions were not huge and I would classify them as average. The dish came with about 2 tablespoons of rice and a bit of vegies. We had to ask for rolls, though they were listed in the menu as coming with the meal. This Combo platter was listed at $28.00. The Scallops were delicious, though again, overpriced and a bit small. The 5 scallops or so came with the 2 tablespoons of rice and small portion of vegies. Other's in our party enjoyed the Lobster Mac and Cheese and Crab Cake Burger. Both were delicious and filling. The staff was friendly and service was good. For the price, I do not think this is worth the trip. We all left hungry and stopped on our way home for a snack.

1  Thank nkawtg10