US$289
US$197
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$288
US$193
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$192
Hilton.com
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$124
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$149/night.

US$231
US$218
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$249/night.

US$244
Agoda.com
US$242
Cancelon
  • Room Service
All reviewsking suitesky terracebathroom mirrorrooftop barrain showerfront desksoaking tubturn down servicedouble sinksliving spacebedroom areamichigan avesmall hotelthe magnificent milesitting roommag miletwo blocks
Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

I visited the Ivy boutique hotel a couple weeks ago. Friendly staff welcoming you, and more important: big, clean and tidy rooms. Cleaned everey day.

To be honest: nothing to complain. Good hotel, in a good location. Nearby basically everything you need in Chicago.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
AmyCTerry, Front Office Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2018

Dear tvdl86,

Thank you for sharing such a kind review after your recent stay. It is a great compliment to know that you found the Ivy to be a great value and we hope that you will consider a return visit to us next time you're in the Windy City!

Kind Regards,
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed April 22, 2018

My husband and I travel quite a bit for business, and we always make a point to search out cute, unique boutique hotels. I found The Ivy and it was just what we like.
Location was great and had the special perks that made it perfect, until we showed up.
We got in late Wednesday evening, and checked in. Before heading to our room we sat at the bar and had a drink. Bar tender was great. Nice guy who helped me figure out where to order deep-dish pizza( typical tourist, ha).
After we had a drink, we headed to the room. Room looked great. Spacious and had the amenities we like.
We were in the room for maybe 15 minutes before my husband asked me to come look in the bathroom.
The toilet was running and not stopping and being "Mr. Fix-It", my husband took off the back of the toilet tank and thought he could do a quick fix to stop the continuous running of the water. What he found was a HYPODERMIC NEEDLE!
Ok, we kinda feeling icky about this room. We ponder on all the scenarios. Eww.
We come back to the room about to call the front desk and my husband drops him phone. It goes slightly under the bed and there is a USED CONDOM WRAPPER. At this point we are so grossed out. I call the front desk to let them know of this situation especially the needle.
The sweet young lady at the front desk says she is alone ( bar tender left for the night) and she can come up and grab the needle.
I explained to her that she should probably wait for a manager or someone who can dispose of the needle properly.
She agrees and tells me she will have the manager connect with me in the morning.
Ok, fair enough.
Next morning, I check in with the women at the front before my all day meetings. She says she heard and is sorry. She will comp my breakfast ( I NEVER ORDERED BREAKFAST) and the 2 drinks ( total of $32 with tip) for the inconvenience.
Really? $32 dollars off my 3 night stay that was $720?
That was not good enough for me. I really thought that comping ONE night, the night of the incident would be the best customer service practice.
Over the next day, the manger did whatever he could to avoid me.
On the we checked out, I went to the desk again. The assistant manager confirmed that they would only come my 2 drink bar bill.
SOOOOO sad. As someone who runs a business and knows how important good customer service is, The Ivy dropped the ball on this one.
I totally understand that crazy things happen. 100%! What should have happened?
The night should have been comped. The manager should have made a point to call, or come to us with an apology.
If this hotel was on top of their customer service, this review would be a different story.
To the owner of this establishment, please do a review on your managers. They dont do that place the service it deservers.
You can have the most amazing hotel in the world, but its only as good as the way you treat the people who choose to stay with you.
Pics are attached....

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank LindsayS8051
AmyCTerry, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2018

Lindsay

Sorry to her about your experience at the Ivy Boutique Hotel. We pride ourselves in customer service and the cleanliness of our property. We appreciate your business. I personally took the time to remove the upgrade charge and incidental from your room charges. We hope you give us another shot.

Dan Perruquet

Reviewed April 17, 2018

Loved this hotel. We spent 5 nights here during a very cold spring break. Great location. A few blocks from the Red Line L which was a little inconvenient especially given how cold it was. During warmer weather it would be a great location. Room was nice although the closet was small and the drawers were small. There were 3 of us and we were there for 5 nights. Just for a weekend it would have been fine. Loved the little sweets left nightly. Beds were super comfortable and the living area was great.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
AmyCTerry, Front Office Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2018

Dear jmakeit,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We were happy to have the opportunity to host you during your recent getaway and wish that the weather would have been better. It has been an extended winter here in Chicago and hope that come summer, you will return for a visit to enjoy warmer temperatures and perhaps a cocktail on our Sky Terrace!

Front Office Manager

Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

I had the most wonderful experience at The Ivy Boutique Hotel. My boyfriend and I were celebrating our anniversary and it was the PERFECT place. Ideal location. Wonderful views. Perfect room. Everything was so clean. And the staff was so nice and attentive. Worth every single penny. Would highly recommend for anyone looking for a place to stay in the city. It will make any night/weekend in the city magical.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
AmyCTerry, Front Office Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Dear hperruquet17,

Thank you for your kind feedback about our hotel. We hope to be your "go to" place in Chicago and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed April 9, 2018

I was upgraded to a suite which was absolutely amazing!

The suite had: an an entrance area and kitchenette with sink, fridge and capsule coffee machine (capsules provided daily); a bathroom with: large shower and a really big, deep bath (which I loved!), two sinks, a mirror with a TV in it; a bedroom area with: a huge double bed and a big TV; and a large living area with automated curtains, a big corner sofa, desk, office and arm chairs and another big TV! This place was unreal! The room had really nice decorative touches so it felt homely and everything was brand new and sparklingly clean.

The staff were always friendly and helpful. Every day the room attendant left me 2 little cakes and a card telling me what tomorrow's weather would be. They also replaced the toiletries every day.

The free Wifi worked really well - I video called my family in the UK using the Wifi and the connection was really good!

The only downside was the view from the window was of an office building which was only about 3m away from the IVY building so no nice city view but really I was too busy admiring my room to care!

The hotel has a great local minutes' walk from Michigan Ave / the Magnificant Mile and 1 block from a 24 food store. There are lots of restaurants and shops very close by.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
AmyCTerry, General Manager at Ivy Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your review. Hope you come back soon and enjoy our hotel and Chicago.

Dan Perruquet